Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. He probably has got more inside info then you have ever had
Yeah, but thats pretty freaking funny! And that info is NOT coming from Taj. Just a few dozen teamates, but I suppose they may not be fully aware of their situation, with all of the CTE going around. Lol

I really don't care, only concerned with the players who are it . It's time to lock this thread, band talk about the players who are here. If people want to talk about players who left, put in on another board.
why lock the thread? this is a fan board where syracuse fans come to discuss all things syracuse. why would you want the hottest current topic locked so we can't talk about it?

why lock the thread? this is a fan board where syracuse fans come to discuss all things syracuse. why would you want the hottest current topic locked so we can't talk about it?
Especially when you can simply put it on ignore. I never understood these lock requests when it's just that simple.

Has he withdrawn from his studies as well?
I think you have to remain in school. At least until semester end. There are some I am aware of in other cases in FBS who just left school immediately and it either complicated and sometimes eliminated them from transfer process to certain programs.

Congrats to Taj on the baby. Earlier in the thread I commented that neither Taj nor Dino seemed to have any animosity toward the other and in fact Taj had several orange hearts in his goodbye tweet.

But he is gone, and although he didn't create the bizarre system that allows him to move on in mid-season, he is no longer an SU player

Let me make a metaphor. You have a favorite band. Let’s say the drummer leaves the band. Maybe he doesn’t get enough drum solos, maybe he hates the lead singer, maybe he wants to go in a different musical direction.

Now he joins a different band. Maybe that band is famous or maybe it is obscure. Either way, unless you already really like that band you probably aren’t going to listen to their music. You have no further reason to care about the drummer.

SU is my favorite band and Taj is the drummer.
Ok now what if said drummer left in the middle of a tour? Not to join another band right away but the possibility of joining another band. Do you think he should have at least finished the tour before trying to get another gig?

Note: I’m completely neutral with Taj leaving and am looking forward to who steps up

I feel that Taj and Leach would be sympatico.
My thought when Leach was the 1st offer? Was him saying, " OK this kid thinks like me, and wants a different QB. Smart kid. " Pure speculation. Obviously, I want Shrader to tear it up.

Could also just be, you take one of my WRs? I'm going to take one of yours.

Yes. I thought it might be a spite offer, cuz he was pissed about losing Shrader.

It might be a perfect fit, cuz they get pissed about the same things. Or it could completely backfire and they'd HATE each other...

Last edited:
I feel like he’s going to temple. Close to home and he can get all the targets. I don’t see him going to an SEC school and hogging target share.

I would think he would be staying near family. Given his new born son. I dont see him going far.

I would think he would be staying near family. Given his new born son. I dont see him going far.
That's a distinct possibility. We've had recruits show up for camp, and straight up quit to go back home to take care of their newborn. (Thats their business, not the forum's) While I respect that commitment? In the long term, the education will take care of them more.

Some of you think he'll never make the NFL. (Understandable) I think his YAC and Elusiveness , are exceptional. Grades/stats confer in that respect.(as does that eye test) His overall WR grade winds up ranked 100-150.(the other stuff) He was our best, so he was put in the deep/stretch the field role. We did keep throwing him into the slot, because his intermediate passing grades are fantastic, and a full THIRD of his receptions? He broke someone's ankles, and made them miss. The best situation for him, imo, is as a slot in a fully functional offense. And obviously, a degree.

If he finds that? He has a chance at a payday, and I pray he's still able to put his family 1st. If he just wants to be the big man? Temple is close to home, but it won't help him as much as the right situation.

Taj bled Orange FAR more than anyone gives him credit for, because of his FULL display of emotion. Sometimes directed at his own mistakes. And yeah, the Bird thing. (Unacceptable) He wasn't remotely a locker room "cancer". Quite the opposite. They loved him, and some have publicly gone on record as saying they are "heart broken" The good parts are why he went to the ACC media day.

I will continue to wish him well, with his family, his degree , and then football.

Some of y'all think Taj was being disciplined for not going to Florida. You ever wonder if he was scared to death to miss the birth of his Son?

Last edited:
That's a distinct possibility. We've had recruits show up for camp, and straight up quit to go back home to take care of their newborn. (Thats their business, not the forum's) While I respect that commitment? In the long term, the education will take care of them more.

Some of you think he'll never make the NFL. (Understandable) I think his YAC and Elusiveness , are exceptional. Grades/stats confer in that respect.(as does that eye test) His overall WR grade winds up ranked 100-150.(the other stuff) He was our best, so he was put in the deep/stretch the field role. We did keep throwing him into the slot, because his intermediate passing grades are fantastic, and a full THIRD of his receptions? He broke someone's ankles, and made them miss. The best situation for him, imo, is as a slot in a fully functional offense. And obviously, a degree.

If he finds that? He has a chance at a payday, and I pray he's still able to put his family 1st. If he just wants to be the big man? Temple is close to home, but it won't help him as much as the right situation.

Taj bled Orange FAR more than anyone gives him credit for, because of his FULL display of emotion. Sometimes directed at his own mistakes. And yeah, the Bird thing. (Unacceptable) He wasn't remotely a locker room "cancer". Quite the opposite. They loved him, and some have publicly gone on record as saying they are "heart broken" The good parts are why he went to the ACC media day.

I will continue to wish him well, with his family, his degree , and then football.

Some of y'all think Taj was being disciplined for not going to Florida. You ever wonder if he was scared to death to miss the birth of his Son?
Thanks for this, I wish we got this context with players more often.

My reaction to having a kid born when I was 21 would have been so much different.

Thank you social media for not being around back then.

Wait, so you mean coaches cant kick kids off the team at any point?
You don't see it unless there is some kind of gross misconduct. A player isn't kicked off midseason just because he isn't good the way coaches are fired midseason for underperforming.

Good points. To be clear I was not in anyway saying he would drop school or stop playing football. I was just stating that he would go to a school within a proximity. That could be a Penn State, Temple, etc. It could also be from a place that is like an hour flight or such. Maybe there is not a correlation but I was just thinking if being there for his son's birth was important, then being within a proximity of his son MAY also be important to him.

Good points. To be clear I was not in anyway saying he would drop school or stop playing football. I was just stating that he would go to a school within a proximity. That could be a Penn State, Temple, etc. It could also be from a place that is like an hour flight or such. Maybe there is not a correlation but I was just thinking if being there for his son's birth was important, then being within a proximity of his son MAY also be important to him.
Absolutely.

But Syracuse is an hour flight from Jersey.

Taj has to do what he thinks is best but there’s no reason to think that he couldn’t get drafted out of Cuse being the #1 here compared to #2 or 3 at an SEC school.

I just don’t get it but then again I don’t get flipping off your fans on national television either so what do I know

But Syracuse is an hour flight from Jersey.

Taj has to do what he thinks is best but there’s no reason to think that he couldn’t get drafted out of Cuse being the #1 here compared to #2 or 3 at an SEC school.

I just don’t get it but then again I don’t get flipping off your fans on national television either so what do I know
I just don't get leaving now and "preserve the redshirt" to have 2 more seasons at another school. Seems like with his age and having a child that he will only play more year at new school anyway. So play out the season and enter portal.

I just don't get leaving now and "preserve the redshirt" to have 2 more seasons at another school. Seems like with his age and having a child that he will only play more year at new school anyway. So play out the season and enter portal.
And somewhere in these considerations, he needs to get his diploma! Or, maybe even a Masters. Hell, he will be in school long enough. Make it count!

(For all I know, he might have it already...I didn't do any research to check)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom