Talk Ryan number 1 overall to chiefs | Syracusefan.com

Talk Ryan number 1 overall to chiefs

goodroc

Starter
This can't be real can it
@RUSSLANDE: 2013 NFL Draft I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, but this time with the 1st overall pick to lead the Chiefs!

@RUSSLANDE: 2013 NFL Draft I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, but this time with the 1st overall pick to lead the Chiefs!

No definitely not real

Who cares who said it? Let people talk. Only helps QB recruiting.

I see a servicable backup in Nassib but little else. Poor (broke) mans Big Ben. You can probably compare him to Alex Smith.

He has ZERO of the dynamic passing ability of a Brees Brady or Manning. None of it. He doesn't read defenses and find his 2nd or 3rd option much. Yeah, he doesn't throw picks but that just means he is closer to Trent Dilfer.

I mean how come he couldn't get a first down against Pitt's D except for the scripted opening drives?

I see an NFL future for sure in Nassib. But I am pretty certain of the QB he'll be at the next level and as a starter he'll be mediocre.

Won't be shocked if he moves up though. Bray is the best QB in the draft and he's a headcase and a quitter.

I see a servicable backup in Nassib but little else. Poor (broke) mans Big Ben. You can probably compare him to Alex Smith.

He has ZERO of the dynamic passing ability of a Brees Brady or Manning. None of it. He doesn't read defenses and find his 2nd or 3rd option much. Yeah, he doesn't throw picks but that just means he is closer to Trent Dilfer.

I mean how come he couldn't get a first down against Pitt's D except for the scripted opening drives?

I see an NFL future for sure in Nassib. But I am pretty certain of the QB he'll be at the next level and as a starter he'll be mediocre.

Won't be shocked if he moves up though. Bray is the best QB in the draft and he's a headcase and a quitter.

i don't know i think those are pretty poor comparison's. more like Tony Romo, or a poor man's Brett Favre

Who's posting that information?

Ryan's imaginary girlfriend?

An ex Browns scout who now has his own scouting service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Noone aside from those 3 in the nfl have that dynamic passing ability. There are probably at least a dozen nfl teams that nassib could start for and kc is one of them.

That said, I could see him being the first overall pick... Of the 2nd round.

Good for Ryan. Good for Syracuse football. I really hope it happens, and it is not completely unrealistic. He will blow execs away with his football intellect. And he has an incredible arm and successfully ran a pro offense this year. Give him a good QB coach to work on the smaller things and he could be a good NFL QB in a yr or 2.

As a Jets fan, I'd love for him to go there... And yes in round 1.

He's got a big arm thats perfect for that stadium and I think he reads defenses far better than many on this board give him credit for.

All he'd need are some receivers and a running game - or exactly what the Jets never gave Sanchez

Noone aside from those 3 in the nfl have that dynamic passing ability. There are probably at least a dozen nfl teams that nassib could start for and kc is one of them.

That said, I could see him being the first overall pick... Of the 2nd round.

Yeah I agree. But anyone could step in and be KC's QB they could call up Tebow or draft Collin Klein and it would be an upgrade.

Guys show glimpses of it being dynamic outside thos 3. But they are inconsistent guys like Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Ponder I think all move the ball a lot better than Nassib will. Just Nassib right now has the value of not turning it over. Those guys turn it over a lot.

Seattle were a good team who thought Flynn would put them over the top and he sucked in college. There aren't many QBs around with the body and arm of Nassib. I just see him being a bottom 10 starter since I never got any "wow" factor from him.

Of the QBs playing today Flacco is clearly the worst. But he has his moments. I am not certain Nassib can become Flacco. THats probably a good comparison and expectation for him though.

But while Tyler Bray might be better (at least he was as a freshman/soph) I totally understand an NFL team picking Nassib instead of him or even Barkley if he drops.

Tannehill wasn't very good in college and he went 5 or 6 overall. And had a decent rookie year (better than Henne or any of Miami's other recent QBs.)

i would like to see ryan in arizona with bruce arians as coach and larry fitzgerald

Reid would not make a paycheck without Mcnabb , period . Keep the cuse lines rolling !!

I'm sure you know better than a former NFL scout.

Yeah I agree. But anyone could step in and be KC's QB they could call up Tebow or draft Collin Klein and it would be an upgrade.

Guys show glimpses of it being dynamic outside thos 3. But they are inconsistent guys like Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Ponder I think all move the ball a lot better than Nassib will. Just Nassib right now has the value of not turning it over. Those guys turn it over a lot.

Seattle were a good team who thought Flynn would put them over the top and he sucked in college. There aren't many QBs around with the body and arm of Nassib. I just see him being a bottom 10 starter since I never got any "wow" factor from him.

Of the QBs playing today Flacco is clearly the worst. But he has his moments. I am not certain Nassib can become Flacco. THats probably a good comparison and expectation for him though.

But while Tyler Bray might be better (at least he was as a freshman/soph) I totally understand an NFL team picking Nassib instead of him or even Barkley if he drops.

Tannehill wasn't very good in college and he went 5 or 6 overall. And had a decent rookie year (better than Henne or any of Miami's other recent QBs.)

I get what youre saying but realistic expectations are the key. Whichever team drafts ryan is not expecting peyton manning to walk through the door.

There are alot of nfl teams that need a qb and not many backups or others in the drafy with his physical tools and football iq.

He compares favorably to guys like phillip rivers not just the dregs of the league.

I dont see him as a #1 overall pick but he could be the first qb drafted this year amnd there are alot of teams desperate for a qb so stranger things have happened.

He'll need the same thing in the NFL that he had the last half of this season to do well, an o-line that keeps him clean. He looks completely different when he's getting pressure. I know all quarterbacks are better when well protected, but Nassib always seemed to look particularly frazzled when getting pressure. That being said, he gets in the right situation with a good o-line and running game, there's no reason he can't be a solid QB for a long time.

After having Ron Mexico at qb Reid would probably love the idea of a qb who doesnt turn the ball over.

An ex Browns scout who now has his own scouting service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Oh...an ex Browns scout. He OBVIOUSLY has an eye for talent. He did so well for the Browns.

Hate to be negative, but my mind immediately goes to two places:

1) I hope for the kid's sake he doesn't go #1 or top 10. Just don't see it and the expectations could be crushing.

and

2) Wait...we have the #1 QB in college and our offense was mediocre as heck up until this year?

I get what youre saying but realistic expectations are the key. Whichever team drafts ryan is not expecting peyton manning to walk through the door.

There are alot of nfl teams that need a qb and not many backups or others in the drafy with his physical tools and football iq.

He compares favorably to guys like phillip rivers not just the dregs of the league.

I dont see him as a #1 overall pick but he could be the first qb drafted this year amnd there are alot of teams desperate for a qb so stranger things have happened.

You could be right. I don't see that next level from what he showed here. (Could be wrong.)

BUT... if a team wants to draft a guy and have him step in and be servicable right away like Tannehill was. THen Nassib is a good pick.

Bray, Barkley, and Geno might have upside but all are punks and cowards whenever the going gets tough. You don't want any leading an NFL franchise despite the talent. Then your only options are Glennon (turnover machine but moves the ball) and Tyler Wilson (a little bit less talented and exact same problems and lack of heart as Barkley Bray and Smith.)

After that you have heaps of garbage like Tuel, Manuel, Dyfert, Rodgers, Scott and more. Its not shocking at all that Nassib is more popular amongst scouts than guys like that and therefore is being compared now to Smith and Barkley.

#1 overall talk is crazy. But great for the program if it happens!

If nothing else - his Wonderlic score should be off the charts.

This means nothing, but a conversation I had with a USC while walking out of MetLife Stadium keeps popping up in my mind.

Mind you, Matt Barkley threw for six touchdowns that day. But the USC fan said to me, "Wow, you guys have a really good quarterback."

Could Nassib still be better than we give him credit for? :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom