Talk Ryan number 1 overall to chiefs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Talk Ryan number 1 overall to chiefs

An ex Browns scout who now has his own scouting service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. Well, good for Ryan if he's impressing NFL front offices the same way. It is certainly a positive for Syracuse the higher up the draft list he goes. #1 pick? Hard to believe but good for the good guys.

I see a servicable backup in Nassib but little else. Poor (broke) mans Big Ben. You can probably compare him to Alex Smith.

He has ZERO of the dynamic passing ability of a Brees Brady or Manning. None of it. He doesn't read defenses and find his 2nd or 3rd option much. Yeah, he doesn't throw picks but that just means he is closer to Trent Dilfer.

I mean how come he couldn't get a first down against Pitt's D except for the scripted opening drives?

I see an NFL future for sure in Nassib. But I am pretty certain of the QB he'll be at the next level and as a starter he'll be mediocre.

Won't be shocked if he moves up though. Bray is the best QB in the draft and he's a headcase and a quitter.
Ryan was so much better than Brady in college it isn't funny. Maybe you didn't see Brady play against us twice. Brady went in the 6th round. I don't see a top flight NFL QB either but people get better. Or they don't.

I get what youre saying but realistic expectations are the key. Whichever team drafts ryan is not expecting peyton manning to walk through the door.

There are alot of nfl teams that need a qb and not many backups or others in the drafy with his physical tools and football iq.

He compares favorably to guys like phillip rivers not just the dregs of the league.

I dont see him as a #1 overall pick but he could be the first qb drafted this year amnd there are alot of teams desperate for a qb so stranger things have happened.

To Rivers? #4 pick overall - elite QB till the last couple years where he seemed to lose the ability to put any heat on his throws - 94.5 career QB rating. He compares favorably to him? You think? Not sure my expectations would be that high at this point.

Ryan was so much better than Brady in college it isn't funny. Maybe you didn't see Brady play against us twice. Brady went in the 6th round. I don't see a top flight NFL QB either but people get better. Or they don't.

Brady's numbers against us:

18-34, 130 yards, 1 INT, 1 TD (in two games)

Didn't see the games, so no commentary whatsoever here, just wanted to look up the numbers.

Didn't see the games, so no commentary whatsoever here, just wanted to look up the numbers.
1st game, he was pulled for the kid that signed with the yankees because we were up 30 or so. Second game, pulled again for the same guy because he couldn't move the ball. I saw both games.

Well the board evaluators on here had him pegged for a couple super bowl wins after the 2nd game. They could see the upside.

I see a servicable backup in Nassib but little else. Poor (broke) mans Big Ben. You can probably compare him to Alex Smith.

He has ZERO of the dynamic passing ability of a Brees Brady or Manning. None of it. He doesn't read defenses and find his 2nd or 3rd option much. Yeah, he doesn't throw picks but that just means he is closer to Trent Dilfer.

I mean how come he couldn't get a first down against Pitt's D except for the scripted opening drives?

I see an NFL future for sure in Nassib. But I am pretty certain of the QB he'll be at the next level and as a starter he'll be mediocre.

Won't be shocked if he moves up though. Bray is the best QB in the draft and he's a headcase and a quitter.
Thank God, we have such knowledgeable talent evaluators on this board.

I hear Kiper is looking for an understudy.

1st game, he was pulled for the kid that signed with the yankees because we were up 30 or so. Second game, pulled again for the same guy because he couldn't move the ball. I saw both games.
Drew Henson.

I love how being like Trent Dilfer is viewed as a negative. He was no hall of famer but he started a lot of games in the NFL and won a Super Bowl. I think most college QBs would gladly sign up for a career like that!

I love how being like Trent Dilfer is viewed as a negative. He was no hall of famer but he started a lot of games in the NFL and won a Super Bowl. I think most college QBs would gladly sign up for a career like that!

And Dilfer was not worth the #8 or whatever pick in the draft. He became a journeyman who got the ring yeeeeaaarrrsss later thanks to an incredible D against...Kerry Collins playing on his third team since his high pick.

I thought pick #40 was too high for RN but if the Bills wanted him they'd have to take him there because he might not be there at #72. #1 overall is INSANE.

And Dilfer was not worth the #8 or whatever pick in the draft. He became a journeyman who got the ring yeeeeaaarrrsss later thanks to an incredible D against...Kerry Collins playing on his third team since his high pick.

You don't think a GM would trade the 8th pick for a Superbowl win? Regardless of the circumstances?

I won't argue that he was worth the sixth pick, where the Bucs drafted him, but he did make the Pro Bowl and help them to the playoffs. Baltimore did have a gret defense, but they hasn't scored an offensive TD in like four weeks when he took over. They went 7-1 the rest of the regular season once he became their starter, which was smack dab in the middle of his career btw. Again I am not trying to claim that Trent Dilfer was a great QB. Back to my original point he was an NFL starter, went to the Pro Bowl and won a Super Bowl. Not many QBs regardless of when they were drafted can claim those things. So I still say that if Ryan Nassib's career turns out like Trent Dilfer's, especially considering how many on this board questioned if he should start at SU and were suggesting Broyld get a look before the season, he will have had a successful career.

You don't think a GM would trade the 8th pick for a Superbowl win? Regardless of the circumstances?

Although it wasn't with the team who drafted him, but with the way the Bucs franchise was going I bet their organization would have traded the sixth pick for the playoffs and a playoff win, which Dilfer helped deliver.

Silly question. Of course.

But that does not apply her whatsoever. Dilfer was drafted by the Bucs, played for five mediocre years, went for ONE to the Ravens to get the ring who didn't pick him up thereafter.

Although it wasn't with the team who drafted him, but with the way the Bucs franchise was going I bet their organization would have traded the sixth pick for the playoffs and a playoff win, which Dilfer helped deliver.

Exactly...

I don't like Ryan number 1 overall. But if you took him middle of 1st and back? And he gets you to the playoffs? Better than Matt Cassel or Fitz in Buffalo? I think you take it.

But that does not apply her whatsoever. Dilfer was drafted by the Bucs, played for five mediocre years, went for ONE to the Ravens to get the ring who didn't pick him up thereafter.

Right. But the point remains - win. Not every QB is going to be a manning or a brees. You hope they do - but if they are just Dilfer and you win a Superbowl, do you care? Does it count less?

I'd be ecstatic for Ryan if he had Dilfer's career.

There are a lot of dynamics at play here. Perhaps the guy sees significant potential for Nassib on a team that has an offensive line that can protect him better than we could. A couple of extra tenths of a second can make a huge difference, and maybe that can be enough to put him over the top.

Yep they picked up Grbac who went on to throw 3 picks against Pitt in a playoff loss .. if they were smart they would have kept Dilfer and that year probably would have went a little smoother for them.

I like what Ryan did last year but to think that he would be selected with the 1st pick is a little much dont you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom