Talk Ryan number 1 overall to chiefs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Talk Ryan number 1 overall to chiefs

I like what Ryan did last year but to think that he would be selected with the 1st pick is a little much dont you think?

I agree but the QB crop this year is just flat out bad ... who do you take? There is no Clowney to lock up the #1 spot in this draft as of now.

I agree but the QB crop this year is just flat out bad ... who do you take? There is no Clowney to lock up the #1 spot in this draft as of now.
Matt Barkley

Matt Barkley

It will be interesting to see who gets picked first between Barkley and Ryan considering where they started before the year.

The Chiefs can't win if they are going to pick a QB first. There are none worthy of the first pick. If I was in charge I would make a trade to later in the first round or out of the first round for some future picks. Then I would pick a QB later in the draft or stick it out another year with Cassell. Cassell wasn't too bad a year or two ago and I think would be better than anyone they would have to take #1. Of course without a clear cut #1 I doubt many teams would be lining up to trade for the first pick.

Matt Barkley

His draft stock has fallen faster than the Hindenburg ... I'm not sure he is a QB you can build a franchise around either.

The Chiefs can't win if they are going to pick a QB first. There are none worthy of the first pick. If I was in charge I would make a trade to later in the first round or out of the first round for some future picks. Then I would pick a QB later in the draft or stick it out another year with Cassell. Cassell wasn't too bad a year or two ago and I think would be better than anyone they would have to take #1. Of course without a clear cut #1 I doubt many teams would be lining up to trade for the first pick.
sam-cassell1.jpg

Sanchez has probably scared people away from Barkley.
Their former heisman trophy winner also flopped.

Sanchez has probably scared people away from Barkley.
Their former heisman trophy winner also flopped.

Everyone other than the Jets knew Sanchez was a reach at #6. He had one really good game in college. It just happened to be in the Rose Bowl.

I think most agree that Barkley would also be a reach. I don't think he should be picked anywhere in the top 20 even with the lack of any real QB talent this year. Of course you can see by last year's draft that a lot of QBs are taken high in the draft who probably shouldn't be first round picks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom