Tate Martell transferring from OSU to Miami to UNLV | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tate Martell transferring from OSU to Miami to UNLV

This is probably going to get even more interesting. I am sure TVD is thinking about his decision.

Love this stuff (other places). I sincerely don’t get the logic of transferring without a virtual certainty of starting. You can get to the nfl from anywhere if you’re good enough...but rarely but the bench (Matt Cassell and Brad Johnson notwithstanding).

I guess it's to get more reps for the kid, but does anyone think it's foolish to name a starting QB now?

Internally, fine... but isn't that kind of showing your hand in a game of poker?

It's not like they are playing a patsy, either.

Color me unimpressed with the start of the Manny Diaz area.

I guess it's to get more reps for the kid, but does anyone think it's foolish to name a starting QB now?

Internally, fine... but isn't that kind of showing your hand in a game of poker?

It's not like they are playing a patsy, either.

Color me unimpressed with the start of the Manny Diaz area.
I've never understood how holding off could really be that impactful. Does the first opponent have that much scouting film on either of the guys to make that much of a difference?

Love this stuff (other places). I sincerely don’t get the logic of transferring without a virtual certainty of starting. You can get to the nfl from anywhere if you’re good enough...but rarely but the bench (Matt Cassell and Brad Johnson notwithstanding).
If you're going to the NFL you better be able to win a starting college job or be stuck behind an absolute stud, if you don't.

Tate is a playmaker . Problem for him is he isn’t day in day out accurate and that’s where you don’t win the job . If Tate played by default or injury he would be a player but to win a job without playing in a game is tough for him . I saw him at elite 11 and I wasn’t impressed. But we played him in high school and he made plays .
Great insight!! Thanks for your insider contributions to this forum

Jarren Williams : Shane Falco
Tate Martell : Martell

Hahaha! I wonder if that doesn't at least subconsciously color the way people see him? Is there anyone in the football world who hasn't seen that movie?

It's possible that this placard was a result of Miami switching out nameplates, but that has not been confirmed.

Tom Brady says hi. ;)
I knew someone would mention the exception. However, coming into college Hensen was considered a stud. And Brady did share the starting job. And if he was considered such a can't miss pro prospect coming out of college, he would have been drafted earlier.

I knew someone would mention the exception. However, coming into college Hensen was considered a stud. And Brady did share the starting job. And if he was considered such a can't miss pro prospect coming out of college, he would have been drafted earlier.
None of this is really the point - go where you can get lots of guaranteed reps so people get to see what you can do in games. He could’ve made that choice but just repeated his osu mistake to jump into a competitive scenario. Just didn’t have to do that

he should try to be a rb IMO he is short for a qb and I heard wasn't accurate throwing if he left that program that's not a good look for him

None of this is really the point - go where you can get lots of guaranteed reps so people get to see what you can do in games. He could’ve made that choice but just repeated his osu mistake to jump into a competitive scenario. Just didn’t have to do that
I don't know that it matters if you're just not good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom