TC cant shoot and should only be allowed 3 per half | Syracusefan.com

TC cant shoot and should only be allowed 3 per half

kcsu

Living Legend
I know that this board loves TC. He is our charlie hustle but he cant find his arse with a flash light. Guy is a terrible shooter who takes the worst shots ever in important situations. At the end of the day he is such a choker when it counts. Please JB play your boy but do not let him shoot.

People can look at my post history -- I don't bash players over and over. Well I lost it tonight with Cooney. I understand forcing it when there is not much time on the clock, way too much hero ball tough shots in the first half of the clock.

Lydon struggled down low on D tonight as well -- but tough to blame the kid when he is in a real tough spot.

Anyway, onto the next game. Hopefully the entire team can raise their play a little bit.

At this point as a Senior leader he needs to be clutch not choke. He missed everything not even close. He took horrible shots with time on the clock. He threw the ball away multiple times. In short he was down the stretch the reason we lost this game.

Cooney's shot selection is a problem and he still can't finish consistently around the rim. His game is more well-rounded than it's ever been, but he's limited and not perfectly suited to the role of #2 scorer.

That said, no one played very well tonight. That happens sometimes.

kcsu said:
At this point as a Senior leader he needs to be clutch not choke. He missed everything not even close. He took horrible shots with time on the clock. He threw the ball away multiple times. In short he was down the stretch the reason we lost this game.

Joke. Nobody shot well. The whole freakin game. Nor at the FT line. And he threw the ball away? He had 1 turnover. 3 other guys had 3 or more. Yea he shot bad tonight but it's not like anyone shot well, because they didn't. As to down the stretch and choking, I seem to remember a couple games this year including the Bahamas where he was huge down the stretch. Go have a drink.

:rolleyes:
LoL
A cooney thread no way.

Cooney was 2-5 from three today less attempts then usual I believe that is 40% or am I off?
he missed 2-3 from midrange those hurt, but not as much as the one point they took away or one of those ft's going in for the win.

Really? I thought it was silent G's choke job at the free throw line.

Joke. Nobody shot well. The whole freakin game. Nor at the FT line. And he threw the ball away? He had 1 turnover. 3 other guys had 3 or more. Yea he shot bad tonight but it's not like anyone shot well, because they didn't. As to down the stretch and choking, I seem to remember a couple games this year including the Bahamas where he was huge down the stretch. Go have a drink.
like 1000x. The whipping boy. Everyone else can come up dry but let's blame it on Cooney. Silent G misses both free throws. Blame Cooney.

Only Cooney can go 2 for 5 from three shooting 40% and get harped on.

Get a life.

My eye test says TC is a complete player and just because he shot well from 3 doesn't mean he can't improve in other areas of his game.

My eye test says TC is a complete player and just because he shot well from 3 doesn't mean he can't improve in other areas of his game.

That's fine, I can understand that but the thread title clearly states that he can't shoot.

He's played countless games where he played a complete game and his shot didn't fall and he still got crapped on.

That's fine, I can understand that but the thread title clearly states that he can't shoot.

He's played countless games where he played a complete game and his shot didn't fall and he still got crapped on.
Its not that he cant shoot. He took far too many poor quality shots this game. Thats why people are upset. Bad decision making, and tried to play hero ball all night.

but the thing is, Mal and Lydon were cold as ice and G was mostly tentative - Cooney kind of had to force the issue
Mal and Lydon are freshmen, not 5th year seniors. Cooney is counted on to carry this team, and when he plays poor like tonight, some of the blame has to fall on him.

Richardson scored 8 points on 11 shots, shot terrible from deep, took double the number of bad shots Cooney did, and didn't make his free throws. If you want to crap on a player (which is bad form anyway), crap on him.

Its not that he cant shoot. He took far too many poor quality shots this game. Thats why people are upset. Bad decision making, and tried to play hero ball all night.

Lydon 0-3 from three
G couldn't his a free throw
Richardson shot worse
Roberson was useless
Coleman can't play D
Joseph come on

Everybody had issues, why dump on Cooney? It's ridiculous.

Mal and Lydon are freshmen, not 5th year seniors. Cooney is counted on to carry this team, and when he plays poor like tonight, some of the blame has to fall on him.
I'm not saying they should be blamed per se, just addressing your assertion that Cooney took too many of the shots - I contend that he pretty much had to - but, yes, a few of them were certainly questionable decisions

So what do you propose he do? Take less bad shots? Okay, then he goes 2-6 in the game instead of 3-10. Nobody else was making shots, so I'm not convinced that's an improvement.

No commentary, but it's kind of funny how important stats are now. This thread could be fantastic.

I give a big thumbs up to that!

Lydon 0-3 from three
G couldn't his a free throw
Richardson shot worse
Roberson was useless
Coleman can't play D
Joseph come on

Everybody had issues, why dump on Cooney? It's ridiculous.
I'm not dumping on Cooney. Hes a 5th year senior, him and G are expected to perform better than the rest. This is the first game G has stuggled, so you cant harp on him too much.Tell me, how many times did G shoot contested fadeaway jumpers? Cooney has been taking those kind shots his whole career, especially tonight.

I know that this board loves TC. He is our charlie hustle but he cant find his arse with a flash light. Guy is a terrible shooter who takes the worst shots ever in important situations. At the end of the day he is such a choker when it counts. Please JB play your boy but do not let him shoot.

He's a good shooter when spotting up and off kick outs. He can't shoot off the dribble or running off screens. With all the technology available now making all kinds of statistical analysis available, i have to think/hope that this is info well known to him and the staff. He doesn't have to stop shooting...we have to get him more shots that he's good at making, and he has to stop taking shots he's not good at making.

So what do you propose he do? Take less bad shots? Okay, then he goes 2-6 in the game instead of 3-10. Nobody else was making shots, so I'm not convinced that's an improvement.
At least wait until later in the shot clock to throw up bad shots. He was shooting those shots within the first few seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom