TCU - that didn't take long | Syracusefan.com

TCU - that didn't take long

OrangeMojo

All Conference
new big 12 schedule gets released yesterday an they immediately revert back to the old South West Conference days with 4 players expelled for selling drugs

well, since the players were expelled I guess it's not like the old SWC days ;)

TCU getting added to the Big 12 is probably the one move in conference expansion that makes no sense to me. I went to a TCU-Army game at Michie Stadium in 2002; if TCU had 300 fans there total I'd be shocked. This was in a 10-2 season as they were starting to build to where they are today. They don't add a big fan base, and they didn't have a fan base at all 10 years ago... I just wonder if the Big 12 is going to look back ten years from now at this as a coyote ugly pick that looked great at the time, but awful in retrospect.

From a football standpoint, TCU > Baylor. In another year they will have a rebuilt stadium.

It'll be interesting when the big boys come to town to see how much purple will be in the stands. It could well be the same as when PSU comes to the Dome. I wonder if they'd move any of those games to Jerry World... they'd lose the home field advantage but could generate a ton of income.

TCU getting added to the Big 12 is probably the one move in conference expansion that makes no sense to me. I went to a TCU-Army game at Michie Stadium in 2002; if TCU had 300 fans there total I'd be shocked. This was in a 10-2 season as they were starting to build to where they are today. They don't add a big fan base, and they didn't have a fan base at all 10 years ago... I just wonder if the Big 12 is going to look back ten years from now at this as a coyote ugly pick that looked great at the time, but awful in retrospect.
Winning every year for over a decade plus multiple BCS bowl games and a Rose Bowl win will quickly fill up a bandwagon full of fans. If they start hosting and beating schools like Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma the local fan base in a large market will continue to grow. All the winning for the last decade has also built their national brand and I'm sure is attractive to tv networks at this point.

I doubt Boise State would've brought more than 200 fans to West Point back in 2002, but last Sept when they played UGA in Atlanta the city was crawling with pasty people dressed in bright blue and orange. It's amazing what national level success will do for a fan base and would do for attendance at the dome if SU could get back to being a regular top 15 type program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom