Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've landed a handful of 4 star players, and the talent was at a higher level in 80's and 90's than what we have now, but have we ever landed a 5 star "talent" before? I know Harrison was highly recruited, as well as McNabb, and Conrad etc, but would any of those talented guys from the past been a 5 star recruit?

Conrad was 13 stars

johstewartboom.gif

I know we've landed a handful of 4 star players, and the talent was at a higher level in 80's and 90's than what we have now, but have we ever landed a 5 star "talent" before? I know Harrison was highly recruited, as well as McNabb, and Conrad etc, but would any of those talented guys from the past been a 5 star recruit?

Floyd Little.

Great pickup but I am going to temper my enthusiasm until he actually gets enrolled and on the field. Based on his prior issues I do worry something will happen but man what a weapon he could be. Outstanding job by the staff to reel this guy in, no easy task for sure. Really hope SU can get he waiver to get him eligible next year, I would feel a lot better about him actually playing here if we could get that.

This is a Billy Fucillo huge commitment. I love it this kid has NFL talent. 5 star kid. Hope to god we can get him on the field next year. Have him sit out 1 or 2 games and be eligible right away.
Watching Rob Gronkowski on my NFL team a good TE can make the offense really good. Good job SS I am now glad I kept my composure and didn't say anything crazy in the threads after the USF game.

Prep school kid, full of talent probably loves to party, chose school where he felt comfortable had most fun where his buddies were and can start for 2-3 years. Should be fun and kid made wise choice.

West coast is different, sometimes east cost kids get out there and ask themselves What did I just do?

I'm sure kid has made some mistakes but bfd,time to welcome with open arms and welcome to cuse!

If he he helps then great...

Well our 2017 class is off to 1 hell of a start.
We have a legit chance to get him next year. I think the NCAA waiver has to be a 50/50 shot. I think he will play 2 years and go pro. So I think next year the NCAA might require he sit out 1 game or 2 and be eligible.

Great job by the staff. This is the main reason why I want Shafer to be here for awhile. He is stockpiling young talent. Just a matter of time before everything starts clicking and we start seeing 9+ win seasons. They just need more time.

Welcome to the Cuse big boy. Bring that Mackey Award back home!

I'm still hoping that SU can get that waiver and he can play in 2016.

I have hope as well, but if Raymon couldn't get a waiver with his whole situation i'm not holding my breathe on the NCAA making a decisions in our favor.

Here's to hope though

I don't like our chances, but I don't think SU would have applied for a waiver unless there was a chance.

He's not enrolled, so there is no waiver now. The earliest SU could file anything is January and based upon the new rule, it doesn't seem they have a chance of getting him to play in 2016, unless there is something else that article isn't reporting.

Full_Rebar said:
He's not enrolled, so there is no waiver now. The earliest SU could file anything is January and based upon the new rule, it doesn't seem they have a chance of getting him to play in 2016, unless there is something else that article isn't reporting.

Doesn't seem likely, but I don't think they'd apply for a waiver if there wasn't a chance.

They must know what they're up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors