Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all along I thought your favorite song was this:

A whole page of waste here when I thought I would open it up and read something about this kid. Boy silly me. C'mon Man

I remember when this kid came to visit his junior year and met our very own, Chris Clark the WR, and he thought that was pretty cool. Not long after we were his first offer, he blew up faster than I have ever seen anyone blow up in recruiting outside of Carmelo.

I'd still take a shot on him. He may or may not be a drama queen (no one here knows for sure IMO) and he is a specimen. You can't teach size and athleticism like that. His film is absurd.

If we did find a way to sign him, when would he be enrolling and when would he be eligible to suit up?

I don't think he would eligible until 2017 season,so some teams might not have the patience to wait two years

I don't think he would eligible until 2017 season,so some teams might not have the patience to wait two years

Provided he gets transferred ASAP, why would he have to sit out the entire 2016 season? Maybe just the first game? :noidea:

If he waits to transfer until mid-semester, then yeah--it would be 2017.

The timing is fukakta.

Provided he gets transferred ASAP, why would he have to sit out the entire 2016 season? Maybe just the first game? :noidea:

If he waits to transfer until mid-semester, then yeah--it would be 2017.

The timing is fukakta.
His year is burned once he plays unless an injury can be proven. This rule needs to be enforced otherwise schools and kids can abuse the transfer rules

His year is burned once he plays unless an injury can be proven. This rule needs to be enforced otherwise schools and kids can abuse the transfer rules

I don't think it is nearly that black and white. Players sometimes play up to 30% of a season and are eligible to medically redshirt if they get hurt. I know this wouldn't be a medical issue, but I find it difficult to believe that there would be no flexibility on a transfer who played 4 snaps in 1 game as a true frosh.

Granted, you might be right, but I'd be surprised if that would burn an entire year.

I don't think it is nearly that black and white. Players sometimes play up to 30% of a season and are eligible to medically redshirt if they get hurt. I know this wouldn't be a medical issue, but I find it difficult to believe that there would be no flexibility on a transfer who played 4 snaps in 1 game as a true frosh.

Granted, you might be right, but I'd be surprised if that would burn an entire year.
Play a down, it's a year, but for medical

dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover.jpg

No we are merely passing judgement on the author of said book ... its pretty clear with Clark

ask John Raymon how flexible the NCAA is on such transfers.

Didn't like being so far from home. Probably will have to sit out the Fall and enroll somewhere in January.

Homesick, you say? You're from North Jersey, you say? You have a good relationship with Scott Shafer and the coaching staff at SU, you say?

Hmmmm...
That is all in that article, you say?

That is all in that article, you say?
It's not, only the part about not liking being so far from home. But he's certainly from North Jersey, and all indications are that he likes our staff.

I wouldn't bet on him winding up at Syracuse, of course. I think he's going to end up at a higher tier P5 program. The video threw out names like Michigan State, Miami, for instance. Also mentioned North Carolina, but if he really wants to be closer to home, it has to put us in the running I'd assume.

Also: recall that he and Dai Ellison used to be teammates at Don Bosco.

It's not, only the part about not liking being so far from home. But he's certainly from North Jersey, and all indications are that he likes our staff.

I wouldn't bet on him winding up at Syracuse, of course. I think he's going to end up at a higher tier P5 program. The video threw out names like Michigan State, Miami, for instance. Also mentioned North Carolina, but if he really wants to be closer to home, it has to put us in the running I'd assume.

Why would he go to Miami or even Mich St. if he's homesick? It would seem to me that SU, Rutgers, BC, PSU, Pitt would be in consideration, probably with PSU leading the way.

SU was the leader at one point...

And this guy...
B9A6fZFIgAA7kfi.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online