Class of 2023 - TE David Clement (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 TE David Clement (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kids dad & older brother are both 6”9”.

Can you imagine an athletic, 6’9” TE??

Keanu Reeves GIF

Also - any chance he’s interested in walking on for hoops?

6'9? Nice

David is out for the upcoming season.

…David Clement. An oral commit to play tight end at Syracuse, Clement suffered a season-ending knee injury during team camp at the University at Albany.

This is why you shouldn’t wait too long to commit
I don’t suggest we are about to do this, but pre-NLI schools can still drop kids who get injured. we all know it happens, but as you said it obviously is easier to do before a kid publicly commits, but we have seen in the past schools just stop talking to kids they want to move on, so its not like an injured kid is protected from that if he’s a verbal commit.

before backlash, I don’t think we should, nor do I expect us to do that to David. I expect Syracuse to stand by and support him through his injury.

He has a whole year to get better. My guess is he comes to su in Jan to take advantage of the facilities and staff. depending on the injury he is back for spring or fall ball. plays on specials and the following year becomes a starter

He has a whole year to get better. My guess is he comes to su in Jan to take advantage of the facilities and staff. depending on the injury he is back for spring or fall ball. plays on specials and the following year becomes a starter
I am not sure his school offers early graduation.

I doubt he will be here in January, but he has plenty of time as he could always red shirt as well. I'd take my time, he is a very talented athlete.

Agreed. His tape looks like he shows a lot of promise - a big man, he can catch the ball and get yards after the catch.
Defensively he is a great get.

Tight end David Clement commits to Syracuse COMMITTED/SIGNED LOI/3/25/22​

KYLE EVANS MARCH 25, 2022 @ 10:42 PM
Christian Brothers Academy tight end David Clement announced his commitment to Syracuse football on Friday, becoming the second member of Syracuse’s 2023 recruiting class. South Florence quarterback LaNorris Sellers committed earlier this month.

Clement caught 16 passes for 299 yards and a pair of touchdowns last year, per MaxPreps.com. He also recorded 64 tackles, including 21 for loss, and seven sacks as a defensive end for CBA.
The 6-foot-7, 265-pound Clement received an offer from Syracuse three weeks ago. He visited Boston College last week before committing to SU.

Among the articles I read it was mentioned they were recruiting him as a TE.

NY State KEEPER> Hope it's the first of many more in this cycle. There are many recruits in Tomcats top ten - lets see how many we can keep at SU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors