Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

Man, wish I wasn't working when the news broke, but once I saw that picture he posted with the staff I had a great feeling SU was going to be the choice. Bobby Acosta is a $avage.
Yeah, everything about that visit just screamed SU as the choice. I've had an outstanding feeling about this one ever since his trip up here, even with Michigan getting involved. As soon as he got back from Ann Arbor without committing, I was suddenly 90% sure he was ours to lose.

Amazing recruiting win! Bobby Acosta is really something. After a 3-9 season, to get a kid from Harbaugh is simply amazing. This staff can recruit, hope they can turn it around on the field.

Also--- staff wants as TE or DE?

Amazing recruiting win! Bobby Acosta is really something. After a 3-9 season, to get a kid from Harbaugh is simply amazing. This staff can recruit, hope they can turn it around on the field.

Also--- staff wants as TE or DE?
Not just from Harbaugh, but a kid who was committed to Wisconsin - a program that's been consistently strong for a long time. That makes it even more impressive. Getting a kid to flip from Wisconsin, and holding off Michigan, and Jim Harbaugh. What a freaking coup.

Excitement.jpg

Not since long before the Grob era and I can't remember much from back then.

Grob's 2008 class finished pretty strong on paper, per Rivals he landed 3 4 stars in his last 6 commits going into signing day and two of them were Sales and Marinovich, guys that were pretty good under Marrone.

This is great News…..Again!!!! When have we had a two day span like this? Two kids…who many thought were gone…to the Big Boys….realized…..That Syracuse is one of the big Boys! I have been saying this for sometime and I feel the need to repeat it again: Syracuse has a great football history. New York City is one of the media centers of the free world. The media is just waiting for Syracuse Football to become relevant again…..and when it does, those players responsible for that success, will be media darlings…. Young talented players should want to be a part of that. Steven Clark, Pickard, and the rest of those guys that will sign to play defense, you are well on your way to creating something special. Now, the offense needs to sign the same type of impact players…..Go Cuse…….

I think you are underestimating the 5 guys we signed on for offence. I think we are very solid on both OL and DL right now. I think this class is outstanding. I am so excited to see where this class is going to take us, along with being able to have better years to keep getting high quality recruits!

I think you are underestimating the 5 guys we signed on for offence. I think we are very solid on both OL and DL right now. I think this class is outstanding. I am so excited to see where this class is going to take us, along with being able to have better years to keep getting high quality recruits!
I mean no disrespect to the offensive recruits. I like the offensive players who signed especially the O-Lineman. The RB's look good as well. In my comment, what I wanted to convey, is that we need some highly regarded skill players at QB, Wide receivers, and running backs. I want to see us go head to head with the big boys and win out on some skill players on the offensive side….

I mean no disrespect to the offensive recruits. I like the offensive players who signed especially the O-Lineman. The RB's look good as well. In my comment, what I wanted to convey, is that we need some highly regarded skill players at QB, Wide receivers, and running backs. I want to see us go head to head with the big boys and win out on some skill players on the offensive side….

I really do hope we go after one of the big time transfer QB's. It can't hurt. Especially O'Korn since he was already recruited by Lester anyway.

Grob's 2008 class finished pretty strong on paper, per Rivals he landed 3 4 stars in his last 6 commits going into signing day and two of them were Sales and Marinovich, guys that were pretty good under Marrone.
Sales was good but Marinovich was a little overrated. Good class on paper but did not produce much on the field. Add Collier to that 2008 list as well. I think he was a four star also.

Last edited:
This is huge get for the Cuse. Our defense looks to be on track, now we need for the offense to really stop being pathetic! Our offense has been pathetic during the Scott Shafer era. We need to win next year for this staff to keep their jobs. A lot is riding on this season and Shafer has placed his future in the hands of Lester. We all will see the results. Good luck coach Shafer….

This is huge get for the Cuse. Our defense looks to be on track, now we need for the offense to really stop being pathetic! Our offense has been pathetic during the Scott Shafer era. We need to win next year for this staff to keep their jobs. A lot is riding on this season and Shafer has placed his future in the hands of Lester. We all will see the results. Good luck coach Shafer….
I think concentrating on the o-lineman is because they take a couple of years to produce. Next year, we bring in big time skill players to add to some developing skill players and they will mesh with this years crop of o-lineman to make for a very productive offense.

I think concentrating on the o-lineman is because they take a couple of years to produce. Next year, we bring in big time skill players to add to some developing skill players and they will mesh with this years crop of o-lineman to make for a very productive offense.
We need a Big Time QB……….

Exactly how I feel.

I'm just sayin', a certain someone gave us his guest prediction for the Super Bowl for our post on .com that'll be going up tomorrow.

Wow they sound pretty bitter. Pickard had a legit offer, but once he didn't commit on his visit they moved on.

Just reading those comments shows how pisss poor our perception is.

From their Scout board:

Headwaters2 wrote:
Surprising

Why???

I don't mean why is it surprising -- that's obvious. But why Syracuse? Doesn't like lifting heavy hardware, maybe, like trophies? :crazy:

From their Scout board:

Headwaters2 wrote:
Surprising

Why???

I don't mean why is it surprising -- that's obvious. But why Syracuse? Doesn't like lifting heavy hardware, maybe, like trophies? :crazy:

How about this gem He had 13 offers including Illinois, Louisville, Nebraska, Oregon, Rutgers, Virginia, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, UConn and BC. Syracuse seems a crazy choice. If being near home was critical, there was Rutgers and even UConn. 18 year old logic. I know ! It was the dome !

The whole thread is amazing, but UCONN What? LOL.

They act like they didn't offer him a scholarship? They wanted him to commit on the visit, he didn't, they moved on.

Gotcha bud and yes I agree now that I understand what you were saying