Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

There isn't confirmation anywhere that the staff was pursuing him out of the portal.

A poster posts that Culpepper is transferring.

Another poster thinks that because *he* thinks the staff should have pursued him and Culpepper chose to go to Toledo, that means he chose Toledo over SU and this staff.

Just another day at the office here...

You didn’t know?

If you’re not pounding the portal then the portal’s pounding you!

There can be no other reasonable conclusion.

Edit - Congrats to Judge for leaving Sandusky U.

Judge has rejected Cuse twice and now it is time for us to reject him so please close out this thread so we can discuss athletes who want to be Orange.

Should we criticize the staff now. A position of need. A prior relationship. Brother on the team and he goes to Toledo. What does that say about the staff and the program at this point.
1) Not sure he fits the scheme (290 seems to be his growth max, and the need for bigger space fillers is clear)
2) Nothing about his stat line suggests he's an immediate upgrade at the Power 5 level (I know interior linemen aren't stat sheet guys, but 7 tackles in 22 career games doesn't suggest significant snaps)

Edit: CL posted below that Culpepper played 158 snaps in two years. That's an average of 7 a game.

Last edited:
FWIW from a Rivals freebie

https://syracuse./news/transfer-tracker-best-available-dl-in-the-portal

As a recruit: Culpepper committed to Penn State over a number of major offers, including Florida and Georgia.

Stats: Culpepper played 158 snaps over two seasons in 2019 and 2020 after redshirting in 2018. He had seven tackles and one sack during that span.

Eligibility remaining: Three seasons

Farrell's Take: He was a grinder out of high school with a great motor but his athleticism didn’t project at the next level. He’s likely a good Group of Five fit or a lower Power Five kid.

I didn't know Syracuse ever offered a course in prescience.
If you don't want to follow this thread any longer simply put it on ignore.
Didn't know one could do that here. Thx CL!

Wish I could say I was upset about this, but as a long time season ticket holder for the Rockets, I'm pretty excited about his decision. What's not to love about Toledo? The Rockets, the Mudhens, Packos, Katie Holmes, and only one short hour from Cedar Point.

Wish I could say I was upset about this, but as a long time season ticket holder for the Rockets, I'm pretty excited about his decision. What's not to love about Toledo? The Rockets, the Mudhens, Packos, Katie Holmes, and only one short hour from Cedar Point.
I went to Cedar Point as part of our Sr. trip, it was delightful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom