Class of 2025 - TE/LB Wyatt Bowman (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/11/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 TE/LB Wyatt Bowman (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/11/24)

Looks like he was playing at Darien HS in Connecticut earlier...

Looking at his film, there is a lot to like. He reminds me a bit of Dan Villari. Yes, he is skinnier and less physical and maybe a little taller but they both are really athletic and play really hard.

You can see even though Wyatt is a bit undersized right now, he has the skills and desire to be a good blocker. Really nice hands and receiver instincts. too. Saved a couple broken plays by running to open space and getting open.

Feed him a lot of red meat and lock him in the weight room for a year or two and I think you are going to really like where he ends up. Very high ceiling.

Art Love GIF by Millions
Always appreciate your detailed analysis of things. I had the same takeaways from his film.

Really looks like a natural receiver. Not only does he use his hands (and not his body), but it all looks very fluid and focused, and he sets himself up well for YAC.

Looks like he was mostly used as an H-Back/ Flex TE. However when he was blocking inline he kept a decent pad level and got his hands on guys (instead of simply relying on his size advantage).

Curious to see who comes sniffing around before NSD and how he physically develops now that he’s committed to football.

Great add and a potential “late football bloomer.”

I think he’s a Fairfield County kid who reclassified from ‘24. Someone like MadNY3 or Marsh01 might know?
Sorry I missed this months ago. And I want to stress I have zero talent evaluation abilities on this side of the board.

This seems weird. At Darien, I’m not sure he even played football and if he did, he wasn’t a standout. He was on the same lax program (Bowman on top team) as my kid and played HS against him and was a super solid performer that rarely made mistakes versus did anything draw-dropping.

From the outside, he never seemed to want attention or take credit.

Curious how this plays out, but I think Coach Fran earned a couple more free Gait apparel items in his office.

Smart choice by the kid. Helluva lot more money in playing football in the NFL than professional lacrosse.
NFL is a lofty aspiration. The fact of the matter is at this point the kid probably had a better shot at pro lax than pro football

But if he can come in and wow us all and make it to the league that would be awesome

This commitment is just so weird to me and doesn't make sense.
He's not the first kid committed to a school to play Lacrosse. Remember Casey Rogers was committed to SU to play Lax, decommitted and then committed to Nebraska to play football.
And he can always play four years of football and then a grad year of Lax. A lot of kids take that route. Think Paulus.

The plan is for Bowman to come to Syracuse and focus strictly on football during his freshman year. While the door may not be wide open for him to also play lacrosse after that should he so desire, it is not completely shut either.

"It's been open to me," Bowman said. "I've been reached out by a couple lacrosse guys. My coach from last year was a captain at Syracuse. He reached out to me Tuesday to see if I wanted to get in touch with the Syracuse lacrosse coaches because they were interested. But I told them that my freshman year I'm really going to focus on football. I think spring ball would be really hard to miss. I think it would put me at a huge disadvantage not playing spring ball. So I'm sticking with football my freshman year, then maybe reevaluate my sophomore year but I'm not 100% sure.

"It's been open to me," Bowman said. "I've been reached out by a couple lacrosse guys. My coach from last year was a captain at Syracuse. He reached out to me Tuesday to see if I wanted to get in touch with the Syracuse lacrosse coaches because they were interested. But I told them that my freshman year I'm really going to focus on football. I think spring ball would be really hard to miss. I think it would put me at a huge disadvantage not playing spring ball. So I'm sticking with football my freshman year, then maybe reevaluate my sophomore year but I'm not 100% sure.
Do we know who this is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom