Class of 2025 - TE/LB Wyatt Bowman (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/11/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 TE/LB Wyatt Bowman (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/11/24)

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

If he is from Darien and presumably spends a few years at Whitman, he is going to be just fine even if he doesn't go pro

He's not the first kid committed to a school to play Lacrosse. Remember Casey Rogers was committed to SU to play Lax, decommitted and then committed to Nebraska to play football.
And he can always play four years of football and then a grad year of Lax. A lot of kids take that route. Think Paulus.
No, wasn't that, here is an "elite" 5* lacrosse player who would definitely get some playing time, but as a 3* TE football recruit who needs some work in general and needs weight gain, S &C and probably not see playing time for two years or so. That's what I thought was weird, kinda.

No, wasn't that, here is an "elite" 5* lacrosse player who would definitely get some playing time, but as a 3* TE football recruit who needs some work in general and needs weight gain, S &C and probably not see playing time for two years or so. That's what I thought was weird, kinda.

Well, must be that the coaches think he is an exceptional athlete [which seems supported by him being an elite multi-sport performer, who's earned scholarship offers across multiple sports. They seem to be prioritizing speed, so maybe this kid has that.

Doesn't seem like Fran and the staff are too worried about star ratings.

But I certainly agree that space is filling up, and we've added a bunch of guys who don't appear highly rated [i.e., beyond three stars] at the current point. I assume many [most?] of them will be re-rated higher eventually by the recruiting services -- but as things stand today, your point holds.

Smart choice by the kid. Helluva lot more money in playing football in the NFL than professional lacrosse.
probably more NIL $ coming from the football-only collective and they told him this is contingent on playing football only?

probably more NIL $ coming from the football-only collective and they told him this is contingent on playing football only?
This kid should not command much NIL money. Standard rate.

But a 100% scholarship for football is definitely more money than whatever scholarship percentage he was getting from NC.

The plan is for Bowman to come to Syracuse and focus strictly on football during his freshman year. While the door may not be wide open for him to also play lacrosse after that should he so desire, it is not completely shut either.

"It's been open to me," Bowman said. "I've been reached out by a couple lacrosse guys. My coach from last year was a captain at Syracuse. He reached out to me Tuesday to see if I wanted to get in touch with the Syracuse lacrosse coaches because they were interested. But I told them that my freshman year I'm really going to focus on football. I think spring ball would be really hard to miss. I think it would put me at a huge disadvantage not playing spring ball. So I'm sticking with football my freshman year, then maybe reevaluate my sophomore year but I'm not 100% sure.
That's a sound, mature decision, and shows what kind of person he is. I'm a fan already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom