Class of 2015 - TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown

A poster above states that the staff did contact him.

Where did a poster state that? I see a few posts making vague allusions about the PS story not being true [not criticizing the poster for making those posts--just that I don't see it "stated" that the staff did contact him]. This kid had a written offer--this was well beyond just the verbal commitment phase.

This kid had a written offer--this was well beyond just the verbal commitment phase.

ll have to page back through all these threads - i don't recall seeing a written offer but this rates low on my memory scale.

I'd admit 'his' side of the story makes it seem unsavory but it's only his side of the story.

The no contact has been months now and at least it's not at the 11th hour. I have no idea what went down though and I'm going to give the god fearing head coach the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Last edited:
Are we sure he had a written offer?

I'd admit 'his' side of the story makes it seem unsavory but it's only his side of the story.

The no contact has been months now. At least it's not at the 11th hour. I have no idea what the offer was, how it went down, how any other conversations went down. For all I know he committed to a conditional offer - or maybe no offer at all. I don't know.

BuNrInDIIAASoh7.jpg:large

thanks. I tried to edit my post after thinking about it for a minute so I'll say it again. Lindor's story is one side. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the god fearing man who's honest to a fault on this one. I wouldn't believe for a second that nobody on the Syracuse staff did not tell Lindor things are changing.

this is all typical rush to judgement stuff here with only one side of the story.

I would like for someone to tell me if there is any school that has not been in this situation before. If there isnt, I will not believe it.

http://syracuse.At their request, t...story/1487322-lindor-syracuse-part-ways?s=185

this article says he was told

http://syracuse.At their request, t...story/1487322-lindor-syracuse-part-ways?s=185

No it doesn't--it says quite the opposite, that he hasn't heard from the coaching staff since September. =

I would like for someone to tell me if there is any school that has not been in this situation before. If there isnt, I will not believe it.

And again, I haven't seen any posts who fault the staff for recruiting "over" Lindor or deciding to go in a different direction. Its the reported radio silence for two months that is drawing criticism.

I an definitely accept that there are two sides to every story, and that the objective truth is often somewhere in the middle, but I haven't seen any compelling information disputing this kid's version of events. From my standpoint anyway, this isn't a rush to judgement nor me grabbing torches and pitchforks, its me expressing my disappointment for the staff not promptly dealing with a kid who'd been extended a written, commitable offer who is no longer part of the staffs' plans.

Where in the article does it say that? It says Cuse decided to move in a different direction and the recruit decided to do the same. What other choice would he have? It never says the school told him they were moving in a different direction.

I don't know what this staff did in this particular situation, never will.

What I do know, whether right or wrong, it's commonplace. It happened to me with Southern Connecticut St. I was set to go there, had made up my mind. The staff never answered nor returned phone calls after an injury my senior year.

Painful lesson for an 18 year old? Yes. But, life's not fair and sometimes you're not at the top of the list. Move on.

Should the staff convey that message? Absolutely. Did they? You'll never know.

Maybe that's when they told him ?

Possible. But that certainly doesn't fit with what the kid is describing.

This doesn't come across as a misunderstanding or a misinterpretation of a non-commitable offer. Something is fishy.

And again--not faulting the staff for aiming higher than this prospect.

Where did a poster state that? I see a few posts making vague allusions about the PS story not being true [not criticizing the poster for making those posts--just that I don't see it "stated" that the staff did contact him]. This kid had a written offer--this was well beyond just the verbal commitment phase.

Chris02M All Conference
ejz555 said:
Cutting bait isn't the problem. It's the method of doing it... Lame.

you have only heard 1 side of the story I have heard other side and staff told him they were moving on

How about this scenario: After further evaluation, the staff has The Talk with the kid about the role (more specifically the lack of one) that they see for him here and suggests that he evaluate his alternatives. The status of his offer/commitment isn't specifically discussed because formally withdrawing it post-commitment would both look bad for our staff and raise a red flag on the kid for other locations that might consider him. Best case is that he finds a more suitable school and everyone is happy. So in the staff's mind, case closed and no need to keep in touch. Now, I think they should've found the time to return his calls as he got much further along in the process than most recruits, but I don't know when or how often he was calling the coaches. A couple calls at busy times could be overlooked mistakenly or intentionally put off as the coaches were distracted trying to salvage the train wreck of a season.

The question that we don't know the answer to is what would have happened on LOI Day if Lindor stayed with his commitment?

And again, I haven't seen any posts who fault the staff for recruiting "over" Lindor or deciding to go in a different direction. Its the reported radio silence for two months that is drawing criticism.

I an definitely accept that there are two sides to every story, and that the objective truth is often somewhere in the middle, but I haven't seen any compelling information disputing this kid's version of events. From my standpoint anyway, this isn't a rush to judgement nor me grabbing torches and pitchforks, its me expressing my disappointment for the staff not promptly dealing with a kid who'd been extended a written, commitable offer who is no longer part of the staffs' plans.
They cant talk about the recruit so you are not going to hear any information from the coaches. There was conversations. I cant tell you how those conversations went because I wasnt there.

I don't know what this staff did in this particular situation, never will.

What I do know, whether right or wrong, it's commonplace. It happened to me with Southern Connecticut St. I was set to go there, had made up my mind. The staff never answered nor returned phone calls after an injury my senior year.

Painful lesson for an 18 year old? Yes. But, life's not fair and sometimes you're not at the top of the list. Move on.

Should the staff convey that message? Absolutely. Did they? You'll never know.

Did Lindor get hurt? Its one thing for injuries before high school, it is another thing entirely if a kid under-performed.

The other recruit, who said the staff hadn't talked to him since September, and Decommitted is now coming this weekend on an official visit. It seems maybe the Post Standard once again has twisted what a recruit actually said to suit their purposes. The reporter might have asked leading questions, to get a certain response for a more interesting story. The story they printed in the paper on the investigation today, has unwarranted supposition on their part of what we might expect, which isn't relevant to the actual story.

If I told you that he was supposedly contacted what good would that do. The coaches can't comment on his recruitment publicly but if they could it would still look like someone was lying. Does that do anything for the kids recruitment by other schools? Who do you think this HS coach would side with, whether Lindors' story is truthful or not, as his allegiance is to his player and his recruitment?

The other recruit, who said the staff hadn't talked to him since September, and Decommitted is now coming this weekend on an official visit. It seems maybe the Post Standard once again has twisted what a recruit actually said to suit their purposes. The reporter might have asked leading questions, to get a certain response for a more interesting story. The story they printed in the paper on the investigation today, has unwarranted supposition on their part of what we might expect, which isn't relevant to the actual story.

Where did you see that. I saw just the opposite on twitter about being invited to take an OV.

What's being alluded to here has been discussed on skout payside for a couple of weeks and that's why nobody can really bring that information over here directly other than say that PS article doesn't have all of the information correct. All I can say is Mike had stated that it had went down a different way.

If I told you that he was supposedly contacted what good would that do. The coaches can't comment on his recruitment publicly but if they could it would still look like someone was lying. Does that do anything for the kids recruitment by other schools? Who do you think this HS coach would side with, whether Lindors' story is truthful or not, as his allegiance is to his player and his recruitment?

If you said that, then it would directly contradict what the player has now said in two different venues. I can't speak for others, but it would put my mind at ease about how this specific situation is being handled.

What's being alluded to here has been discussed on skout payside for a couple of weeks and that's why nobody can really bring that information over here directly other than say that PS article doesn't have all of the information correct. All I can say is Mike had stated that it had went down a different way.

Okay...

Nobody is asking for a plagerized, verbatim listing of a premium article from Skowt. A simple statement that other information appeared in an article a couple of weeks ago would clear it up. Not sure what is accomplished by being cryptic, beyond people being skeptical of an unsubstantiated claim.

Last edited:
Since the staff is prohibited by the NCAA from commenting on recruits until after LOI Day, we'll have to wait a few months to get Shafer's side of the story.

Maybe we can put the pitchforks and torches away until then.
I look forward to a detailed breakdown of the situation from Shafer on signing day.

Something like...

"Thanks, i'm gosh darn excited to have the kids that signed up with our program today and i'm not going to talk about the kids that are a part of other programs."