Class of 2015 - TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown

Recruiting battles against Arkansas St, Dartmouth, and Southeast Missouri St. do not instill confidence.

I+DON%27T+CARE+GUY.png

by the end of the recruiting year look at the offers not now

"I felt like the best time to commit would be now just because it's more important to have a spot now than to wait too long and lose a spot," Lindor said."

That's all some of these kids are doing right now, saving a spot, at the expense of more highly recruited kids who are going through the process. No reason to take this kid's commitment now. Sorry if that's harsh.
So you think you know more than the staff about a kid's potential, and what we need in the way of recruiting? Interesting.

This thread is embarrassing.

Welcome to Syracuse Lindor! Proud to have you. Happy to continue a strengthening of ties in the midwest, especially in Mizzou!

In my opinion this is probably more related to academic ineligibility issues than Parkinson. Makes more sense.

In my opinion this is probably more related to academic ineligibility issues than Parkinson. Makes more sense.
Parkinson had "offers" from Army and Cornell.

He had "offers" from Army and Cornell.

I don't care. I'm trying to trust the staff. There must be a significant reason as to why we'd take this kid this early in the process. The coaches don't just take commitments like they're french fries at the bottom of a mcdonalds bag or something.

Whitey23 said:
He had "offers" from Army and Cornell.

For sure reason to dump on him and not trust the staff?

I don't care. I'm trying to trust the staff. There must be a significant reason as to why we'd take this kid this early in the process. The coaches don't just take commitments like they're french fries at the bottom of a mcdonalds bag or something.
If you "don't care" don't speculate that Parkinson had academic issues.

If you "don't care" don't speculate that Parkinson had academic issues.

I never said it was Parkinson. Could be one of our recruits. I meant that this is probably more related to academic problems within our recruits than it is Parkinson being given up on. Which he hasn't been as far as I know. Not to say that Lindor isn't talented or worthy of this, clearly the staff believes in him so who am i to criticize.

I never said it was Parkinson. Could be one of our recruits. I meant that this is probably more related to academic problems within our recruits than it is Parkinson being given up on. Which he hasn't been as far as I know. Not to say that Lindor isn't talented or worthy of this, clearly the staff believes in him so who am i to criticize.
So in your opinion, they took Lindor over Parkinson because another recruit might have academic issues? Even though doing so means Parkinson lost his spot?
I just can't wrap my head around that.

Affton is plays in Class 4, Missouri's 3rd largest classification out of 6. The school is in District 2, which is a more populous area. There are some interesting rules to Missouri High School Football, outlined here, https://www.mshsaa.org/resources/pdf/2014FBManual_v1.pdf.

It appears as if Affton was a middle of the pack type team. As a TE, West put up 17 catches for 385 yards and 4 scores last season. This with an offense that didn't run very efficiently, and where he wasn't a primary target. He also had a couple of picks with one going to the house.

The athleticism and size are evident. Competition may be suspect. But IMO send me your 6'4 athletes all day, size with that athleticism isn't taught. Good ball skills.

Welcome aboard Westerband! Happy to have ya!

So in your opinion, they took Lindor over Parkinson because another recruit might have academic issues? Even though doing so means Parkinson lost his spot?
I just can't wrap my head around that.

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with Parkinson.

no they are sick of waiting for Parkinson. Lindor would have committed a while ago if we let him. We were waiting fore Parkinson

Sick of waiting? It's July 9th and we have 22 other commitments. Either the staff is drinking the kool-aid and can't wait any time for another commitment, or something is up.

If the staff wanted Parkinson, why not wait? Clearly West was waiting for us to come back to him. So something caused us to decide West was who we wanted. What it was probably won't be known, but clearly something changed our minds.

Sick of waiting? It's July 9th and we have 22 other commitments. Either the staff is drinking the kool-aid and can't wait any time for another commitment, or something is up.

If the staff wanted Parkinson, why not wait? Clearly West was waiting for us to come back to him. So something caused us to decide West was who we wanted. What it was probably won't be known, but clearly something changed our minds.

ya they spoke to Parkinson and he wasn't ready to commit. it's not some big mystery.

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with Parkinson.
but it has to do with another commits academic issues? They were taking a "Y" position player no matter what and have no other current commits from that position.

but it has to do with another commits academic issues? They were taking a "Y" position player no matter what and have no other current commits from that position.

I don't know I'm not bnoro. The commitment just happened, I don't really have any issues with it. I'm trying to make sense of it and possible academic ineligibility within this class or last years could possibly make sense. I'm not saying that's what happened, I have no clue, just stuff going through my mind.

Wait for one of the more official guys to make sense of this. God I wish Francis was more into football too.

Our staff is acting like a drunk sailor at last call asking everyone and anyone to go home with him. Its odd that they're trying to fill up a class so quick with many borderline prospects instead of balancing that with working hard for some top recruits like Fox, McKee, Pickard, Sheppard, A.Robinson...
Somethings up.

I don't know I'm not bnoro. The commitment just happened, I don't really have any issues with it. I'm trying to make sense of it and possible academic ineligibility within this class or last years could possibly make sense. I'm not saying that's what happened, I have no clue, just stuff going through my mind.

Wait for one of the more official guys to make sense of this. God I wish Francis was more into football too.

uhh what??

uhh what??

Jesus.

I cannot explain this commit. It confuses me a little as it does any of you. I'm try to make sense of it in my head. I'm still happy he's a part of the team now.

Don't ever look to me for answers regarding recruitment. Not that any of you needed to know that.