Team back on campus | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Team back on campus

Screenshot_20200719-140927_Instagram.jpg

So, SU's athletes will get tested every week. Very good. And there are plenty of tests to go around in New York State (last I read was 60,000/week).

However, how can we justify multiple and regular tests for NBA, MLB, etc. athletes when the states they are or will be playing are falling woefully short on their numbers?

So, SU's athletes will get tested every week. Very good. And there are plenty of tests to go around in New York State (last I read was 60,000/week).

However, how can we justify multiple and regular tests for NBA, MLB, etc. athletes when the states they are or will be playing are falling woefully short on their numbers?

So we should halt progress because some of our 50 states are short on tests?

Here in MA we have excess free testing the location in my town never has more than 5 people at it when I drive by. I guess we are being selfish because the situation isn’t the same in Arizona?

So we should halt progress because some of our 50 states are short on tests?

Here in MA we have excess free testing the location in my town never has more than 5 people at it when I drive by. I guess we are being selfish because the situation isn’t the same in Arizona?
Don't put words in my mouth.

New York and Massachusetts are doing fine. A whole bunch of states aren't.
Should these other states test professional athletes and skip medical personnel?

Don't put words in my mouth.

New York and Massachusetts are doing fine. A whole bunch of states aren't.
Should these other states test professional athletes and skip medical personnel?

Well than what do you want? Obviously a private business in SU and athletes in general that will entertain millions proactively procuring covid tests likely months ago can’t happen without you insinuating they are taking them from areas with shortages and denying HCPs.

Well than what do you want? Obviously a private business in SU and athletes in general that will entertain millions proactively procuring covid tests likely months ago can’t happen without you insinuating they are taking them from areas with shortages and denying HCPs.
We're definitely talking past each other.

If the NBA teams in Orlando have tests, and hospitals in Miami don't, there's something wrong with our priorities.

We're definitely talking past each other.

If the NBA teams in Orlando have tests, and hospitals in Miami don't, there's something wrong with our priorities.

Sorry, I may have missed this -- but Miami doesn't have tests?

Not to jump in but lots of states away behind on testing...takes 10-14 days to get results here...you won’t have COVID by the time you get results

The State of Florida is testing about 15% of their goal number.

Its not test that are lacking. Its the lab capacity.

Its not test that are lacking. Its the lab capacity.
It was recommended that we do at least 5 million tests a day (20 million is what the scientists hoped for) and we haven’t even hit one million yet. Total failure on the part of this government. NYS does nearly 70000 per day and no one else is even close to that.

Not to jump in but lots of states away behind on testing...takes 10-14 days to get results here...you won’t have COVID by the time you get results
Seriously? My son and I got ours in a day. And we had them more than a month apart.

Woody isn’t as thin as I thought he’d be... good news!

Joe has gotten bigger in his upper body. It should help him finish better at the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom