Team back on campus | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Team back on campus

Screenshot_20200710-221041_Instagram.jpg

I feel bad for Edwards. Kid had potential. Hopefully he’s healthy and able to continue his development back home. I wish him the best. Syracuse is moving forward with Sidibe, Anselem and Ajak. Most likely Mac as well.
I do not quite understand. How exactly is Mareks situation any different, other than him being an upper classman?

Staff is not expecting Edwards to return and is working with him on finding other opportunities. Not the first time players have left Syracuse and received help from the staff. You never hear about it but makes me appreciate our program even more.
This makes no sense. Lots of international college players may have returned overseas. Edwards has a month and a half or more to see what happens. He can also take online classes for the semester and redshirt if need be.

Ok. Does this mean Edwards is good to go?
I don't think so. There is still a ban on travel to the U.S. from the EU's so-called "Schengen area." That area includes Edwards' home country, the Netherlands. The rescission of the foreign student visa rule is a separate issue. So Edwards can keep his student visa, but still can't travel from the Netherlands to the U.S. until the travel ban is lifted.

I don't think so. There is still a ban on travel to the U.S. from the EU's so-called "Schengen area." That area includes Edwards' home country, the Netherlands. The rescission of the foreign student visa rule is a separate issue. So Edwards can keep his student visa, but still can't travel from the Netherlands to the U.S. until the travel ban is lifted.

I wonder how creative you can get to bypass - in theory you can travel from Schengen to Mexico, spend 14 days quarantined, and then enter the US with essential travel for academic purposes.

I wonder how creative you can get to bypass - in theory you can travel from Schengen to Mexico, spend 14 days quarantined, and then enter the US with essential travel for academic purposes.

Having paid zero attention to travel bans... my first thought was this same idea, but in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom