Team is starting to look dead tired. | Syracusefan.com

Team is starting to look dead tired.

I'm a big believer in Roberson's talent but his lack of development has been a huge disappointment and a reason why our forwards are sucking wind.

I have to say, I wouldn't be devastated if Roberson took Gbinje's minutes down low. I'm really just not seeing much upside from him, and I think force feeding Roberson some more minutes isn't going to hurt us that much.

Obviously he has to spell Cooney/Ennis, but he shouldn't be playing much point. He just seems to have no instincts at all for the position - or is just too nervous about making a mistake to really play the position well.

I just like Roberson's energy down low - he's a feisty rebounder, and hustles all over. If you can get him to settle down a bit, quit rushing shots, and I think he could still make a little bit of an impact with Baye out. Gbinje is just blah...capable of hitting an occasional three, rebounding a little, but mostly is just a space eater right now. He's so tentative.

Problem, ghost, is that Roberson doesn't look ready. He played about :40 today and all he did was fumble a ball when he was wide open in front of the basket. He's a freshman and has played like one.

I have to say, I wouldn't be devastated if Roberson took Gbinje's minutes down low. I'm really just not seeing much upside from him, and I think force feeding Roberson some more minutes isn't going to hurt us that much.

Obviously he has to spell Cooney/Ennis, but he shouldn't be playing much point. He just seems to have no instincts at all for the position - or is just too nervous about making a mistake to really play the position well.

I just like Roberson's energy down low - he's a feisty rebounder, and hustles all over. Just get him to settle down a bit, quit rushing shots, and I think he could still make a little impact with Baye out. Gbinje is just blah...capable of hitting an occasional three, rebounding a little, but mostly is just a space eater right now. He's so tentative.

I don't know - I'm pretty much always cringing when Roberson is in. I think JB is also. Gbinje just can't seem to get the PG position and it might be messing around with his overall play. The lack of depth is a serious issue.

Whole team is starting to look worn down. You have to wonder how long we can continue to play 6 and stay fresh for post season play. With 4 out of last 6 on the road it's only going to get worse.
Baye will hopefully be back soon. Not just lack of depth but you wonder about Ennis also. Just a freshman and he takes some lumps game in and game out.

Problem, ghost, is that Roberson doesn't look ready. He played about :40 today and all he did was fumble a ball when he was wide open in front of the basket. He's a freshman and has played like one.

I know, but I do think he may be able to provide some relief on the boards - an area we're struggling in.

I also just don't like Gbinje down low - he's not awful, but doesn't give us much, and on offense he seems reluctant to do anything unless it's a WIDE open three. I feel like I see a glimmer of hope/recognition in Roberson. Could be wrong - JB knows better than I...

Still, CJ's played two of the last 4 games like a Frosh, so getting him some minutes seems less risky than it did before (and, just so nobody misinterprets that, I'm joking - I by no means am suggesting taking minutes from CJ for Roberson).

Edit: And, although he should have finished off that play, I don't think Cooney did him any favors the way he played that 2 on 1.

Playing :40 seconds and getting yanked doesn't help any. Give him a little run. He was starting to play well a few weeks ago.

I guess I don't see the harm in throwing him enough minutes to break a sweat in a game like this, where most of our team is not playing well.

Whole team is starting to look worn down. You have to wonder how long we can continue to play 6 and stay fresh for post season play. With 4 out of last 6 on the road it's only going to get worse.
I thought the same for the entire game. Flashes of energy then nothing.

Look people get tired. The coach need to understand that. As far as Roberson goes how can anyone judge him based on the minuscule time he's been on the court. If the players aren't good enough to play that's the coaches fault too because he recruited them So in no way is it good for the starters to play this many minutes. They will start losing very soon and it will be a disappointing end to the season

Hell, I am dead tired from watching and cheering from my couch.

Can't even imagine what they are going through.

With how well Rak is playing, I wonder if when BMK comes back we'll see some of Rak at the 4. You could argue that Xmas has been our best forward the past few games

You get experience by playing. It's ridiculous that any one player only gets in for :40. I keep blinking and missing him I guess. Whatever mistakes Roberson makes, our starters make as well. Let the kid play for 3 minutes a half.

You know things are getting bad when Rak is our best player.

I just like Roberson's energy down low - he's a feisty rebounder, and hustles all over. If you can get him to settle down a bit, quit rushing shots, and I think he could still make a little bit of an impact with Baye out. Gbinje is just blah...capable of hitting an occasional three, rebounding a little, but mostly is just a space eater right now. He's so tentative.
It's become clear that JB isn't going to play Roberson this year. He obviously is not happy with his game at this stage. It's not changing this season.

You know things are getting bad when Rak is our best player.

A whole lot of teams across the country would be desperate to have Rak on their roster tonight. he was a monster.

hey i'm a nascar fan. and to use a rather weak analogy the fastest car doesn't always win. sometimes you get passed by teams with fresher tires.

I think our defense looked very active, we rebounded well and blocked a ton of shots. I really don't think they looked exhausted.

A whole lot of teams across the country would be desperate to have Rak on their roster tonight. he was a monster.

I think teams would have taken him the past 2 years too. I really think he's always been good but it's unfortunate the only time he's ever been able to get extended minutes has been this year because of two injuries. I know it's not in JB's nature but I would love to see where Rak would be now if he was getting 25+ minutes as a freshman until now.

That's a complaint I just don't understand. The games aren't longer on the road. The courts are exactly the same. The baskets are at ten feet. If anything, because they're away from their friends, the team gets decent rest. The only reason to play differently on the road is an unfamiliarity with the background. Shut it out and it's the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom