Teams you most love to see lose | Syracusefan.com

Teams you most love to see lose

Dave85

Living Legend
In order of most to least:

ACC: Duke, Louisville, Pitt, ND, the rest...

Big East: Georgetown, UCONN, Villanova, the rest...

Hatred for the teams in the Big East just doesn't have the same zing is used to. Whereas in the the ACC, beating Louisville is almost as satisfying as beating Duke!

Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky, etc. Admitedly part jealousy because of the recruits they've beaten us for since Cal took over but also because of the hypocrisy of their fanbase. Few fanbases despised Cal & ridiculed him for being a cheater more than UK's before he got there, especially when he was beating them for recruits at Memphis. Now they vehomently defend him & his infractions. They were vilifying him when Cousins, Wall, & Bledsoe looked to be heading to Memphis.

Ashley Judd is gorgeous though.

Last edited:
Which one do you think it is?
Well, answer "A" is certainly the most likely.

But at my advanced age, I no longer take anything for granted. Everybody has their own life story and set of experiences.

Come to think of it, while working for Xerox in Rochester in the 70's I knew a LeMoyne grad from Syracuse who disliked SU intensely. I think he felt SU unfairly overshadowed his alma mater and took all the attention away from it. For whatever reason, he was in the "I hope they never win another game" camp. So it's not impossible.

Well, answer "A" is certainly the most likely.

But at my advanced age, I no longer take anything for granted. Everybody has their own life story and set of experiences.

Come to think of it, while working for Xerox in Rochester in the 70's I knew a LeMoyne grad from Syracuse who disliked SU intensely. I think he felt SU unfairly overshadowed his alma mater and took all the attention away from it. For whatever reason, he was in the "I hope they never win another game" camp. So it's not impossible.
A is the correct answer. Coming home from Syracuse one weekend, I was sitting next to a Lemoyne student. This was in 1977 and she insisted that they would beat us in hoop

Uconn
Kentucky
Indiana
Duke
Georgetown
North Carolina
Ucla

Patriots
Eagles
Giants
Redskins
49ers

LeMoyne was the very first thing I thought when I read the header.

THEY DID BEAT US A FEW YEARS AGO.
saying-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

UConn
Kentucky
N Carolina
Duke
Georgetown
Michigan/Michigan St/Indiana/Ohio St

1, Duke

Then far, far after them,

2. Kentucky, UConn
3. Kansas, UNC
4. Big 10 Teams in the Tourney

I have never been a person to blame refs or think they have an agenda against my team. I am more of a bad calls get made but they even out kind of guy. EXCEPT when we play Duke or anybody plays Duke. Duke is the only team in sports that makes me yell fixed or that I think there is an agenda in the game. Uniquely Duke. Duke is the one team that can change my rational view of sports into a totally irrational world of fixing and agendas

There are really no other teams I love to see lose. Even Georgetown. I became a fan of the NCAA in the early 90's, and while Syracuse was my favourite team, I followed the NCAA in general more than the Big East. I am more apathetic to Georgetown than anything else. They are just not relevant enough to be really hated anymore. I hope UConn reaches that point someday.

Last edited:
A is the correct answer. Coming home from Syracuse one weekend, I was sitting next to a Lemoyne student. This was in 1977 and she insisted that they would beat us in hoop

Oh, and here I thought it may have been because of that preseason loss to them a few years ago and JB's ensuing decision choosing never to play man to man again. ;):)

1, Duke

Then far, far after them,

2. Kentucky, UConn
3. Kansas, UNC
4. Big 10 Teams in the Tourney

I have never been a person to blame refs or think they have an agenda against my team. I am more of a bad calls get made but they even out kind of guy. EXCEPT when we play Duke or anybody plays Duke. Duke is the only team in sports that makes me yell fixed or that I think there is an agenda in the game. Uniquely Duke. Duke is the one team that can change my rational view of sports into a totally irrational world of fixing and agendas

There are really no other teams I love to see lose. Even Georgetown. I became a fan of the NCAA in the early 90's, and while Syracuse was my favourite team, I followed the NCAA in general more than the Big East. I am more apathetic to Georgetown than anything else. They are just not relevant enough to be really hated anymore. I hope UConn reaches that point someday.

And here I thought I was the only one that hated Duke with a passion.

UVA

It's hard to dislike UVA. Myself and mostly everyone like coach Bennett. It stinks when they beat us but that's just happiness fuel for when we beat them. UVA has good teams. It's hard to dislike that team. Coach Bennett is very classy too. I'd root for UVA against Duke, UNC, Louisville. I might root for an underdog against UVA. I have no strong feelings about UVA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom