Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Come on guys. Cut me a break. Is every WR in the world gonna be gone by time I pick?

Says the guy with Drew "I'll never make a promise" Hill @ WR already. I just threw 5 TDs to him the other night in a game. Decided to run a season as the Oilers and not run the ball at all. No issues thus far thanks to Hill and Ernest any Givins Sunday out wide.

calling it a night.. have a bunch of meetings tomorrow so ill probably be making my picks tom evening if general has picked by then.. will try and check in the morning if i can

BTW, too anybody out there who wants to trade slots let me know. I have no problem trading down or up if your looking to trade draft slots.

Hey anybody who is looking to trade slots I am game with anybody. I will make offers that are fair and some guys like drafting late and getting more value or want to move up and snag a guy and I will take guys late. Anybody interested PM and we can talk trade.

Round 5, DigaBills selects Mark Carrier DB and WR. Its a 2 for 1 special. :D

I have to choose? Damn.

Round 5, DigaBills selects Mark Carrier DB/Bears

I didn't play with the Bears a lot. I don't remember them really having anyone other than Singletary in the front seven. I feel like he was one of the few DBs I controlled.

I DID play with the Bears a lot. And let me tell you. THAT guy had 81 intercepting. The highest in the game. He was going to be my next pick. Phenomenal pick. Not the fastest guy, but who wants to take a chance throwing around a guy who has 81 intercepting?

I wanted Mark Carrier, but I think maybe my Chicago Bears bias was coming through. Maybe I will end up with a steal? The later we get in this draft the less sure I am of the players attributes that I am picking.

Either way the Derrick Thomas Corpses are selecting safety Joey Browner

Ok so couldnt resist checking back

So before I make my next pick - let me preface it by saying my best friend growing up was a huge Packers fan. In our hours and hours of playing this game we played a lot of Vikings vs Packers games .. you get the picture and likely where I am going.

Thus with the final pick of the 5th round Orangezoo's Wall of Orange select the amazing Bob Nelson DT/DL/ GB - I got sacked so many damn times playing against my buddy and his amazing NT..

on the flip side I returned the favor with one team in particular.. the wonderful purple people eaters..

With the first pick of the sixth round the Wall of Orange select Keith Millard LB/ MIN

I am thrilled and shocked that both of these Tecmo inflated beasts hung around this long. The remainder of my offense will pay as it will be thin pickings later on but I had to get these guys while I could. I will admit I wanted Doleman more than Millard though.. still sour you got that one Alsacs. Its funny how you remember certain players more than others.. when I think of this game these two guys are two of the first that pop into my head after LT, BO and Rice. I didn't use KC that much but Minny and against GB a ton.. other than with the cowboys..

Round 1 #1 pick, Orangepace selects Lawrence Taylor/LB Giants
Round 1 #2 pick, tee1222 selects Bo Jackson/RB Raiders, Auburn
Round 1 #3 pick, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select The Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye RB/KC
Round 1 #4 pick, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects QB Eagles/QB Eagles
Round 1 #5 pick, Alsacs selects Jerry Rice WR/San Fransisco 49ers
Round 1 #6 pick, Digable selects Thurman Thomas RB/Bills
Round 1 #7 pick, The Derrick Thomas Corpses (yes I'm pluralizing this, R.I.P.) select Derrick Thomas LB/KC
Round 1 #8 pick, The Wall of Orange select Rod Woodson DB/Pit

Round 2 #9 pick, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Barry Sanders RB/Det
Round 2 #10 pick, General20 selects Joe Montana (hopefully this will counteract some of Jerry Rice's supernatural magic)
Round 2 #11 pick, DigaBills selects Bruce Smith DE/Bills
Round 2 #12 pick, Alsacs selects Neal Anderson RB/Bears
Round 2 #13 pick, Imperial selects Wayne Haddix DB/TB
Round 2 #14 pick, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Dan Marino QB
Round 2 #15 pick, Tee's Goobers select David Fulcher, SS, Cincy
Round 2 #16 pick, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects Mike Singletary / LB Chi

Round 3 #17 pick, Orangepace selects Ronnie Lott DB/49ers
Round 3 #18 pick, Tee's Goobers select Warren Moon QB./Oilers
Round 3 #19 pick, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select William the Fridge Perry
Round 3 #20 pick, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Greg "Avoid" Lloyd LB/PIT
Round 3 #21 pick, Alsacs selects QB Bills, QB/ Bills
Round 3 #22 pick, DigaBills select Reggie White DE/Eagles
Round 3 #23 pick, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Drew Hill (the football player) with their 3rd round pick
Round 3 #24 pick, The Wall of Orange select QB Boomer Esiason/ Cin

Round 4 #25 pick, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Andre Rison WR/ ATL
Round 4#26 pick, General20 selects Marion Butts RB/SD
Round 4 #27 pick, DigaBills selects QB Browns/ Browns
Round 4 #28 pick, Alsacs selects Henry Ellard WR/STL
Round 4 #29 pick, Imperial selects Bobby Humphrey RB/DEN
Round 4 #30 pick, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Deion Sanders. DB, Falcons
Round 4 #31 pick, Tee's Goobers select Ernest Givins, WR, HOU
Round 4 #32 pick, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects Otis Anderson RB/NYG

Round 5, Orangepace selects Tom Rathman / RB SF
Round 5, tee1222 selects Anthony Carter, WR, Minny
Round 5, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select Mark Clayton WR/ Dolphins
Round 5, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Willie " Flipper" Anderson WR/Rams
Round 5, Alsacs selects ( and steals the WOO's next pick) Chris Doleman DE/MIN
Round 5, Digable selects Mark Carrier DB/Bears
Round 5, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Joey Browner DB/MIN
Round 5, The Wall of Orange select Bob Nelson DL/GB

Round 6, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Keith Millard LB/MIN
Round 6, General20 selects
Round 6, DigaBills selects
Round 6, Alsacs selects
Round 6, Imperial selects
Round 6, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects
Round 6, Tee's Goobers select
Round 6, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

Round 7, Orangepace selects
Round 7, Tee's Goobers select
Round 7, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select
Round 7, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects
Round 7, Alsacs selects
Round 7, DigaBills select
Round 7, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select
Round 7, The Wall of Orange select

Round 8, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select
Round 8, General20 selects
Round 8, DigaBills selects
Round 8, Alsacs selects
Round 8, Imperial selects
Round 8, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects
Round 8, Tee's Goobers select
Round 8, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

Round 9, Orangepace selects
Round 9, tee1222 selects
Round 9, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select
Round 9, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects
Round 9, Alsacs selects
Round 9, Digable selects
Round 9, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select
Round 9, The Wall of Orange select

Round 10, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select
Round 10, General20 selects
Round 10, DigaBills selects
Round 10, Alsacs selects
Round 10, Imperial selects
Round 10, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects
Round 10, Tee's Goobers select
Round 10, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

Round 11, Orangepace selects
Round 11, Tee's Goobers select
Round 11, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select
Round 11, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects
Round 11, Alsacs selects
Round 11, DigaBills select
Round 11, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select
Round 11, The Wall of Orange select

Round 12, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select
Round 12, General20 selects
Round 12, DigaBills selects
Round 12, Alsacs selects
Round 12, Imperial selects
Round 12, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects
Round 12, Tee's Goobers select
Round 12, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

My team so far

QB -B. Esiason/CIN (Rd #3)
HB - B. Sanders/DET (Rd #2)
HB -
WR - A Rison/ATL (Rd #4)
WR -
WR/TE flex -
DL -
DL -
LB -
LB - Keith Millard/ MN (Rd #6)
DB/S - R Woodson/PIT (Rd #1)
DT/DL - Bob Nelson/GB (Rd#5)

Part of my problem is I remember playing with guys, but I don't really remember any of their better characteristics. Like, I don't remember Gault being any faster than my pick. I hope when we start comparing rosters, mine doesn't look ridiculously bad.

Another example, I thought of a QB that is still available that is probably better than my QB Browns, but I just remember loving Kosar.

I felt I could still get some pretty good WR's toward the end of the draft, but they are starting to run out quick. Instead of just picking "insert Oilers receiver here", my pick is...

Round 6, DigaBills selects Gary Clark WR/Redskins

You knew I wanted Ottis Anderson with that 5th round pick, but when he was gone and I had to take a blue chip defender. After the draft I will release my draft board I have 50 guys ranked.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Ottis Anderson would not have been there by your 5th round pick. It would've been draft sniping similar to you getting Neal Anderson one spot before me. Ottis would've been the perfect compliment in my backfield but now I'll have to change it up a bit.

Ok so couldnt resist checking back

So before I make my next pick - let me preface it by saying my best friend growing up was a huge Packers fan. In our hours and hours of playing this game we played a lot of Vikings vs Packers games .. you get the picture and likely where I am going.

Thus with the final pick of the 5th round Orangezoo's Wall of Orange select the amazing Bob Nelson DT/DL/ GB - I got sacked so many damn times playing against my buddy and his amazing NT..

on the flip side I returned the favor with one team in particular.. the wonderful purple people eaters..

With the first pick of the sixth round the Wall of Orange select Keith Millard LB/ MIN

I am thrilled and shocked that both of these Tecmo inflated beasts hung around this long. The remainder of my offense will pay as it will be thin pickings later on but I had to get these guys while I could. I will admit I wanted Doleman more than Millard though.. still sour you got that one Alsacs. Its funny how you remember certain players more than others.. when I think of this game these two guys are two of the first that pop into my head after LT, BO and Rice. I didn't use KC that much but Minny and against GB a ton.. other than with the cowboys..

I couldnt remeber the guys name from the Packers but yeah he's rediculous against any QB with under 19 speed. That means A) 13 or 6 and you have to run all shotgun and B) if you have a QB that is 19 (and there are alot of these guys) is in "bad" condition for a game you have to run all shotguns or run your backup. Being that we don't have backups I'm curious to see which QB's are just fast enough and which are SOL.

QB Eagles doesn't care though since he's immune to this. He's faster on one leg than QB Bills who IIRC is rated a 6 in running speed. It's either he or another big name QB that I'm confusing but I know Moon is a 19 from recently playing.

holy , I've been drinking (not really) good call brotha. (he played a lil full back too didnt he? lol

FWIW Perry is a mountain at DT so that's still a solid pick. The guy could not be moved which pretty well limits running between the tackles. I think he was a heavy hitter as well causing a ton of fumbles. Between he and Singletary up front and Carrier roaming the back you could cause a ton of turnovers with that defense.

ImperialOrange War Otto's picks to this point:​
QB - QB "Don't call me Randall" Eagles/PHI (Rd 1, Pick #4)​
HB - Bobby "High top" Humprey (Rd4, Pick #29)​
HB -​
WR - Willie Lee "They call me Flipper" Anderson (Rd 5, pick #36)​
WR -​
WR/TE flex -​
DL -​
DL -​
LB - Greg "Avoid" Lloyd (Rd3, Pick #20)​
LB -​
DB/S - Wayne "Annoynous outside of Tecmo/Beast mode in Tecmo" Haddix DB/TB (Rd2, Pick #13)​
DT/DL -​

Round #6 Alsacs is proud to select my FAVORITE WR in the game Stephen Baker the Touchdown maker. WR/NYG. Baker is my top WR on the board and gives me 3 number 1 WRs on my roster QB Bills arm and Neal Anderson in the backfield which means I am scoring points.

Part of my problem is I remember playing with guys, but I don't really remember any of their better characteristics. Like, I don't remember Gault being any faster than my pick. I hope when we start comparing rosters, mine doesn't look ridiculously bad.

Another example, I thought of a QB that is still available that is probably better than my QB Browns, but I just remember loving Kosar.

I felt I could still get some pretty good WR's toward the end of the draft, but they are starting to run out quick. Instead of just picking "insert Oilers receiver here", my pick is...

Round 6, DigaBills selects Gary Clark WR/Redskins

If my memory is correct, Clark and Gault are about even as receivers, with Gault having a little more speed and Clark having a little more catching. Which one you like just depends on your preference.

My thinking was, Drew Hill is the covered guy I am going to throw to in a pinch. I want Gault to be the guy you burns you with his speed if left open, so catching was a little less important for me than speed.

BTW, can I recommend at the end people give their playbooks for the rosters obviously this will be hard for some, but I am building my playbook for my team. I will screen shot as many of the plays on here if I have to for people.
Oh, I know my plays by heart, so will share when the time is right!
Btw, anyone who doesn't have that specific #2 pass play in their arsenal is dead meat in a real game. ;)

BTW, can I recommend at the end people give their playbooks for the rosters obviously this will be hard for some, but I am building my playbook for my team. I will screen shot as many of the plays on here if I have to for people.

I'm curious how you'll use Neal Anderson running all shotgun plays ;)