Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

I considered Howie, but I think his reputation is greater than skills. They give him good numbers, but if I was playing with him he was hard to get pressure with, plus I got sleepers on the DL I am comfortable with. With that said Howie Long is BY FAR the BEST VALUE pick of this entire draft so far, but as I mentioned I am good with the offensive strategy and to out score you I need the best personnel.

ImperialOrange War Otto's picks to this point:​
QB - QB "Don't call me Randall" Eagles/PHI (Rd 1, Pick #4)​
HB - Bobby "High top" Humphrey RB/DEN (Rd4, Pick #29)​
HB -​
WR - Willie Lee "They call me Flipper" Anderson WR/RAMS (Rd 5, pick #36)​
WR -​
WR/TE flex -​
DL - Howie "the duck" Long DL/RAI (Rd 6, Pick #43)​
DL -​
LB - Greg "Avoid" Lloyd LB/PIT (Rd3, Pick #20)​
LB -​
DB/S - Wayne "Annoynous outside of Tecmo/Beast mode in Tecmo" Haddix DB/TB (Rd2, Pick #13)​
DT/DL -​

Guess who likes roster balance!

I considered Howie, but I think his reputation is greater than skills. They give him good numbers, but if I was playing with him he was hard to get pressure with, plus I got sleepers on the DL I am comfortable with. With that said Howie Long is BY FAR the BEST VALUE pick of this entire draft so far, but as I mentioned I am good with the offensive strategy and to out score you I need the best personnel.

Could be as I'm not sure his skills rate in the game but I must've gotten a million sacks with him during my 318 seasons played with Bo Jackson... I mean the Raiders since they didn't have a LB or DB worth using.

Steal of the draft? I'm thinking, yes.

I had to reread the thread (props to those posting full draft history) to make sure he was still there. I had other plans for the pick then got to thinking about DL being the only spot I haven't covered yet and then found out that freaking Howie Long is still on the board! So yeah I was surprised but figure get him now because only 4 or 5 other DL off the board and there will soon be a run on them.

I wanted Doleman there but I think Long is probably just as good.

Also I'm back at work if you couldn't tell by multitude of posts this AM.

Apologies for delays I had caused as well as Tee's that I had missed properly distributing. Tough finding time to get to the computer on my days off.

Round 5, Orangepace selects Tom Rathman / RB SF
Round 5, tee1222 selects Anthony Carter, WR, Minny
Round 5, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select Mark Clayton WR/ Dolphins
Round 5, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Willie " Flipper" Anderson WR/Rams
Round 5, Alsacs selects ( and steals the WOO's next pick) Chris Doleman DE/MIN
Round 5, Digable selects Mark Carrier DB/BearsRound 5, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Joey Browner DB/MIN
Round 5, The Wall of Orange select Bob Nelson DL/GB
Round 6, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Keith Millard LB/MIN
Round 6, General20 selects Willie Gault WR/RAI
Round 6, DigaBills selects Gary Clark WR/WAS
Round 6, Alsacs selects Stephan Baker WR/GIA
Round 6, Imperial selects Howie Long DL/RAI
Round 6, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects
Round 6, Tee's Goobers select
Round 6, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

CuseTroop on the clock. He likely just got home from the bar so might be a minute til we see him but hopefully this helps him catch up.

Round 6, DigaBills selects Gary Clark WR/Redskins

I think he's money but a lot of folks never knew about him because Washington's QB's were so aweful. If you weren't a Redskins fan, you have no reason to play as them. I've honestly probably played ~5 games as the Redskins and 4 of those were my opponent picking my team for me.

Round #6 Alsacs is proud to select my FAVORITE WR in the game Stephen Baker the Touchdown maker. WR/NYG. Baker is my top WR on the board and gives me 3 number 1 WRs on my roster QB Bills arm and Neal Anderson in the backfield which means I am scoring points.

hated defending this guy because he would make stupid catches on deep (uncatchable) passes. I swear if he wasn't on the Giants he wouldn't have been nearly as lethal but when the Giants went on god mode Baker looked like Jerry Rice.

Live from Madrid, we have the owner of the Shutdown Crew, "Some great picks made... I figured Nelson and Baker would have lasted a while yet."
The run on WRs scared me a bit on the Touchdown maker being their for me in the next round. Imperial got the value pick of the draft in Howie Long after that, but I am confident in my mining skills for defensive gems. Glad to see you arrived safely in Europe and should be on the clock soon.

The run on WRs scared me a bit on the Touchdown maker being their for me in the next round. Imperial got the value pick of the draft in Howie Long after that, but I am confident in my mining skills for defensive gems. Glad to see you arrived safely in Europe and should be on the clock soon.
Thanks! I think it was definitely a great pick you made given the circumstances. I knew Long wouldn't make it back but hoped he would.

Live from Madrid, we have the owner of the Shutdown Crew, "Some great picks made... I figured Nelson and Baker would have lasted a while yet."

Buenos dias! Make sure to wear a Messi jersey and mention to everyone that Ronaldo is over rated... or do the opposite if you want to avoid a mob scene and make it home in good health.

Buenos dias! Make sure to wear a Messi jersey and mention to everyone that Ronaldo is over rated... or do the opposite if you want to avoid a mob scene and make it home in good health.
Lol. I'm a Ronaldo fan... Screw Messi.

Oh Lord Higuan is a better out and out striker than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a volume scorer and a black hole on offense. Messi is a scorer who just happens to net volume in much fewer attempts.

Ronaldo is such a waste of talent. He is fast and is a good shooter from range but could be so much more. Otherwise he is selfish, does not focus on fundamentals ( never seen as highly a regarded player as he is hit so many toe balls in my life). Not to get off track but I am curious to see if Messi can put it together with his national team in the world cup. We all know how dominant Ronaldo was for Portugal the last go around...

Ronaldo 34 apperences 34 goals 235 shots 105 shots on goal 10 assists scores on 1 of every 7 shots
Messi 32 apperances 46 goals 163 shots 80 shots on goal 12 assists scores on 1 of every 4 shots

Messi ~2x> Ronaldo

I think he's money but a lot of folks never knew about him because Washington's QB's were so aweful. If you weren't a Redskins fan, you have no reason to play as them. I've honestly probably played ~5 games as the Redskins and 4 of those were my opponent picking my team for me.
I guess so, but I loved playing with the Redskins for some reason. I don't think this draft will go deep enough to pick the rest of their receivers, but I loved Ricky Sanders especially. And not to give up somebody's steal for later in the draft, but they have two defenders I might have considered taking if I needed to.

QB -Dan Marino QB/Miami (round two)
HB - Christian Okoye RB/KC (round one)
HB -
WR - Mark Clayton, Miami (round five)
WR -
WR/TE flex -
DL -William the Fridge Perry, Chicago (round three)
DL -
LB -Bill Romanowski, 49ers (round six)
LB -
DB/S - Deion Sanders. Faclons (round four)
DT/DL -