Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

so i have been messing around with different scenarios - i think the game code is flipped for what condition certain players are in- in excellent condition aikman couldnt complete more than 20 pct against the redskins after a so so game against the browns. Then in bad condition against the eagles he goes for 350 yards and was on target all over the field short and deep.. same thing with emmitt- game 2 was in bad condition against the skins and went for 400 yards and was a beast then in excellent against philly he fumbled 5 times and 3 he was barely hit..

so i have been messing around with different scenarios - i think the game code is flipped for what condition certain players are in- in excellent condition aikman couldnt complete more than 20 pct against the redskins after a so so game against the browns. Then in bad condition against the eagles he goes for 350 yards and was on target all over the field short and deep.. same thing with emmitt- game 2 was in bad condition against the skins and went for 400 yards and was a beast then in excellent against philly he fumbled 5 times and 3 he was barely hit..

Which version are you running?

I put the Jerry Rice theory to test. Preseason, against the same Pats team that Bo scored 880+ yards against.
610 yards on 26 carries for Mr. Rice. No onsides recovered, not a bad game. But still something missing, maybe that acceleration through the hole or that his weave didn't touch Bo's. Not sure of the exact numbers, but I'm guessing that putting a WR in an RB slot doesn't have the same result. He played very well, had a few 95+ yard runs, but he also got caught trying to get outside a few times.

I put the Jerry Rice theory to test. Preseason, against the same Pats team that Bo scored 880+ yards against.
610 yards on 26 carries for Mr. Rice. No onsides recovered, not a bad game. But still something missing, maybe that acceleration through the hole or that his weave didn't touch Bo's. Not sure of the exact numbers, but I'm guessing that putting a WR in an RB slot doesn't have the same result. He played very well, had a few 95+ yard runs, but he also got caught trying to get outside a few times.

I tried the same with Houston and running Drew Hill @ RB and something just didn't feel right. He didn't feel as fast at RB as he does at WR.

Playing an elite WR at RB is crazy. The value of a Jerry Rice or a Drew Hill is the fact that they can catch a ball deep whether they are covered or not. I don't think anything is worth taking that threat away from your offense.

Playing an elite WR at RB is crazy. The value of a Jerry Rice or a Drew Hill is the fact that they can catch a ball deep whether they are covered or not. I don't think anything is worth taking that threat away from your offense.

That and if you get down by more than 1 score I'll let you run all day for 10 yard gains and watch the clock evaporate.

Bumping before this gets pushed too far down. Any more thoughts on how we should score the drafts?

I will cast my vote for pairing teams up tourney style and having everyone vote. Its hard to use other rankings because there are a lot of little details that those generally dont take into account.

Also I think we should draft full teams and do it, because its really hard to decide who is better without a full team to judge on.

I will cast my vote for pairing teams up tourney style and having everyone vote. Its hard to use other rankings because there are a lot of little details that those generally dont take into account.

Also I think we should draft full teams and do it, because its really hard to decide who is better without a full team to judge on.
I like it we should all vote in a tourney style type of thing and just get IO or somebody rank them 1-8 as we as a whole would vote on them or he could pull them out of a hat or something.

I like it we should all vote in a tourney style type of thing and just get IO or somebody rank them 1-8 as we as a whole would vote on them or he could pull them out of a hat or something.

Seeds for the tourney should be the same seeds we drafted in, just an easy random way to set the teams up.

I said have everyone vote 1-7 but we could line teams up and have everyone vote who they think would win. 7 votes = never a tie.

Seeds for the tourney should be the same seeds we drafted in, just an easy random way to set the teams up.
LOL HELL NO, I am not facing IO first round they should be pulled out a hat or have 1 neutral person seed them 1-8 and then we vote on h2h matchups.

How about every one lists the 7 teams that aren't their own in order of team they'd most like to play with (1) to team they'd least like to play with (7) and send em to my inbox. Golf style, will take the total #/7 and lowest average score is the winner.

Sorry took a new position at work so busting my tail a lot harder and haven't been able to post quite as much.

How about every one lists the 7 teams that aren't their own in order of team they'd most like to play with (1) to team they'd least like to play with (7) and send em to my inbox. Golf style, will take the total #/7 and lowest average score is the winner.

Sorry took a new position at work so busting my tail a lot harder and haven't been able to post quite as much.
I like this idea, but I will take at earliest til tonight since I will have to side by side compare each one. Many permutations if I do it the right way.

Also, shouldn't we have awards as follows?
Best Offense
Best Passing Game
Best Running Game
Best Defense
Best LB Corps
Best D Line
Best D Back (maybe not since only one?)
Overkill? Nah. ;)

We can after the fact if folks want. Lets get an overall winner first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom