Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Since I got the extended warranty bumper to bumper 10 yrs/ 100k - if I turned down something that the service manager recommended it potentially could render the warranty void if filing a claim. 3 months ago the guy came over when I was going to get my oil changed and recommended I get a few things done on this trip that were standard things to get done at the 30k mile mark. I was in a rush and I verbally asked if it was cool that I get it done the next time I came in. He obliged and said no problem. So the next time I came in - I got that work done all was good. This past Friday night - the car made an awful noise after slipping ( gears) a few times and just died. Get it towed - engine was blown and likely significant damage to the transmission as well. When at the dealer after being towed they quote me a $8500 cost to replace both. I say - I just owe you my 100 dollar deductible and the warranty covers the rest right? Not the case - apparently my delay to get the work done kia casually recommended gave them the right to say the warranty is void and will not cover the damage. I fought for a long time - called several other Kia dealerships and it standed pat. Really couldn't afford to play this out via getting an attorney involved and after reading the fine print - technically they were accurate to a point. So all in all - ended up trading it in - working out a good faith sum of money from Kia ( at least better than losing 8k in equity on the trade in and got a new dodge. It was quite a mess - but I learned to read that thing verbatim.
I'd get Alsacs or one of the other forum lawyers and just ask what their quick opinion on this is.. Considering their only offer was to sell you a new ride or an $8500 repair bill, you may still have a course of action to go back on these guys. This is really shady from a business perspective and at worst, you could get the Better Business Bureau on them, which they really would prefer not happen.

Also, what work was recommended at 40k? What work did you have done when you told them you'd get said work done next time? What was the fatal flaw that caused the engine to grenade?

The work was simply to get the fuel lines cleaned and the air filters ( in cabin) changed. In the warranty it stated that the owner risks voiding the warranty if recommended services are not completed at the time of recommendation. They certainly do not make that clear thats for sure. They come up acting like its completely cool if you delay it. And then you get your previous report and it shows " customer denied service recommendation"...

The cause of the engine going they said would take some time as they would have to tear it apart. Considering the confirmation of sale for the new car occurs tomorrow ( I asked for 3 days to rescind in the event Kia was blowing smoke up and the dodge dealer obliged), Kia is supposed to explain exactly what happened. Their service guys told me it was because i delayed getting the lines cleaned - I said thats BS and if thats the case its piss poor engineering . Anyways the whole thing is almost over - legal action I am still investigating and probably will contact the AG since this is something of a problem with Kia.

The work was simply to get the fuel lines cleaned and the air filters ( in cabin) changed. In the warranty it stated that the owner risks voiding the warranty if recommended services are not completed at the time of recommendation. They certainly do not make that clear thats for sure. They come up acting like its completely cool if you delay it. And then you get your previous report and it shows " customer denied service recommendation"...

The cause of the engine going they said would take some time as they would have to tear it apart. Considering the confirmation of sale for the new car occurs tomorrow ( I asked for 3 days to rescind in the event Kia was blowing smoke up and the dodge dealer obliged), Kia is supposed to explain exactly what happened. Their service guys told me it was because i delayed getting the lines cleaned - I said thats BS and if thats the case its piss poor engineering . Anyways the whole thing is almost over - legal action I am still investigating and probably will contact the AG since this is something of a problem with Kia.
Yeesh, what a scam. I'll bet they have a lot of similar situations like this. Question is, how long do they get away with this?

Either way, sorry to hear brother.
So, for your pain and suffering on this one, no one is more deserving of a little car-hotty-tee-thumbs-up than you, man.
Courtesy of my girl Cam.

00003v.jpg

Yeesh, what a scam. I'll bet they have a lot of similar situations like this. Question is, how long do they get away with this?

Either way, sorry to hear brother.
So, for your pain and suffering on this one, no one is more deserving of a little car-hotty-tee-thumbs-up than you, man.
Courtesy of my girl Cam.

00003v.jpg

Nice man - looks like the picture I took a couple weekends ago ;)... And yeah hopefully they get nailed for this crap soon.

All in all - being pissed off and in need of a pick me up.. I ended up with a new 2013 Charger RT black on black with all the amenities. Likely sacrificing via downgrading our satellite and expanding our garden to save a little to make up for it.. but just another adventure - as I said hopefully this week your luck turns to gold my friend !

In the history of automobiles not once would a "dirty" fuel line cause catastrophic engine failure. If the line became clogged the engine would simply shut off due to lack of fuel supply. What happened when you were driving it when it died? My guess would be timing belt/chain went and grendaded the head OR a head gasket went. Was it overheating and then poof or all gauges reading fine and it just went?

Kia's... their mother's are Hoya's.

Nice man - looks like the picture I took a couple weekends ago ;)... And yeah hopefully they get nailed for this crap soon.

All in all - being pissed off and in need of a pick me up.. I ended up with a new 2013 Charger RT black on black with all the amenities. Likely sacrificing via downgrading our satellite and expanding our garden to save a little to make up for it.. but just another adventure - as I said hopefully this week your luck turns to gold my friend !

3215655699u_2x424x360f_2013_dodge_charger

That's a MEAN car. Folks best stay out of your way.

In the history of automobiles not once would a "dirty" fuel line cause catastrophic engine failure. If the line became clogged the engine would simply shut off due to lack of fuel supply.
This. Generally what'll happen is your car will stall out. Had this been happening a few times, considering most of your other posts on the matter, I assume you would have taken it in. So the recommended services really wouldn't have caused the engine to give up.

This. Generally what'll happen is your car will stall out. Had this been happening a few times, considering most of your other posts on the matter, I assume you would have taken it in. So the recommended services really wouldn't have caused the engine to give up.

Also, engines have fail safes to Hoya timing in case of fuel cut to avoid detonation. This isn't a new thing either, I had a 98 turbo eclipse where the air/fuel ratio would cut the engine @ 140 mph stock and 133 mph after adding boost. Thus my old board handle of Orange133 on the old site.

~apparently reetard gets blanked out so I had to replace it with Hoya

Yeah I am no mechanic - I know a little here and there but I do know there is no way cleaning the fuel line a few thousand miles too late would cause the engine to break down. The really odd thing is usually you will get a knock, or some constant gear slippage for a while before the engine fails... I had a cobalt that went dead from a blown engine ( high mileage though) and it knocked for a few days and was slipping when I took it in. Even that one was not completely blown yet - just early stages.. it was just odd altogether.

Yeah I am no mechanic - I know a little here and there but I do know there is no way cleaning the fuel line a few thousand miles too late would cause the engine to break down. The really odd thing is usually you will get a knock, or some constant gear slippage for a while before the engine fails... I had a cobalt that went dead from a blown engine ( high mileage though) and it knocked for a few days and was slipping when I took it in. Even that one was not completely blown yet - just early stages.. it was just odd altogether.

Did you have any fluids sitting under it after it went? Did you check to see if there was oil still in the pan? Without seeing a thing I would bet 50:50 that it slipped timing.

Did you have any fluids sitting under it after it went? Did you check to see if there was oil still in the pan? Without seeing a thing I would bet 50:50 that it slipped timing.

There were fluids - it actually went while I was on my way to pick up a pizza - so it happened on an express way and I had momentum and rolled down into a plaza parking lot. It was definitely leaking fluids... ( looked like transmission fluids more than anything) it did however have oil. The oil seemed fairly clean as well. I did not investigate as much as I wanted to as there was a cop there who immediately came to help and call the tow truck. I went against my better judgment and hurried to deal with it instead of getting all the facts - part of the reason was I figured it was all covered so I trusted it would get fixed etc etc..

There were fluids - it actually went while I was on my way to pick up a pizza - so it happened on an express way and I had momentum and rolled down into a plaza parking lot. It was definitely leaking fluids... ( looked like transmission fluids more than anything) it did however have oil. The oil seemed fairly clean as well. I did not investigate as much as I wanted to as there was a cop there who immediately came to help and call the tow truck. I went against my better judgment and hurried to deal with it instead of getting all the facts - part of the reason was I figured it was all covered so I trusted it would get fixed etc etc..

What year and model kia? Sounds like the trans seized, which in turn seized the crank, which likely grenaded the head. Crank stops but the cams trying to keep going = boom.

What year and model kia? Sounds like the trans seized, which in turn seized the crank, which likely grenaded the head. Crank stops but the cams trying to keep going = boom.

2011 Optima - and that makes a lot of sense. It definitely did seem to have originated in the ... based on what others have said as well..

2011 Optima - and that makes a lot of sense. It definitely did seem to have originated in the ... based on what others have said as well..

Auto or Manual? Which engine? I'm searching for recalls and/or a multitude of similar issues where you may be part of a class action suit already in progress.

Charger, heck yeah!
Great pick, and enjoy.
And thanks for the well wishes. I have a feeling my luck will turn to gold too. Lots of support from good people, both on here and neighbors I just made friends with over the years. Good stuff always comes back to me in the long run.

And if you think I've got a good heart guys, you should see my wife and son! They are tee to the tenth power, at the very least. :)

Auto or Manual? Which engine? I'm searching for recalls and/or a multitude of similar issues where you may be part of a class action suit already in progress.

Automatic 2.4L 4 cylinder. And there was a recall - but just something to do with the brake lamp. I researched as well and the only thing I found was several people complaining about Kia's warranty service and going to the AG about it.

Almost exact minus wheels ( black on black meaning paint/interior) went with silver stock 18 inch rims since its AWD.
Frikkin beauty and AWD? You've done very well for yourself. She's a beast that needs a name, my friend.

Automatic 2.4L 4 cylinder. And there was a recall - but just something to do with the brake lamp. I researched as well and the only thing I found was several people complaining about Kia's warranty service and going to the AG about it.

Found this beauty on a 2.0 turbo with 9000 miles:

blown engine due to cracked spark plugs. porcelain insulation from spark plugs in bank 2 and 3 fell into engine

The obvious name is JLH but since she has been banished perhaps we need to look elsewhere.
On my way back from picking up my '08 CRV AWD (Some of my boys called it a girlie car but meh, she gets the job done well. Just no torque), I thought of this and rolled with a name.
Has nothing to do with Roberson or any other in-house beasts we already have.
Beastie

Actually named her after a squirrel my dad named when we were young. Always knew it was Beastie as her or she had a thin, ratty tail different from the norm. Beastie it is.

On my way back from picking up my '08 CRV AWD (Some of my boys called it a girlie car but meh, she gets the job done well. Just no torque), I thought of this and rolled with a name.
Has nothing to do with Roberson or any other in-house beasts we already have.
Beastie

Actually named her after a squirrel my dad named when we were young. Always knew it was Beastie as her or she had a thin, ratty tail different from the norm. Beastie it is.

Hmm so maybe her name should be vol-beast.. short for the voluptuous beast :)... on a side note - my wife has a CRV - love cruising around in that thing - she hates that I abuse it a little for all my trips to Lowes but those things are great little SUV's.

Hmm so maybe her name should be vol-beast.. short for the voluptuous beast :)... on a side note - my wife has a CRV - love cruising around in that thing - she hates that I abuse it a little for all my trips to Lowes but those things are great little SUV's.
So get this: our first car together was a Mazda 3 before my wife learned how to drive. All this while, I have been trying to trade with her, but she says the CRV is too big for her! LOL
Come on, woman. The 3 is so sporty, a fun drive. Almost European feel to its handling and is the 5 door version.
Meanwhile, I made the most of CRV. Doing donuts in that huge blizzard a few years ago with my buddy. Went up to the mountains to catch a foot plus (Bellayre Mtn, NY) while most were stuck on the road or at home.
Wet snow, but this little SUV was tough in terrible conditions.
Now, if I can only convince the lady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom