Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Just to reconfirm we all want the finals with 7 voters that responded (6 votes per team)? I'm fine with it but top spot as of now is extremely close and 4th place is currently a tie.

Note worthy from voting:

ImperialOrange finished with a 1.5 avg (9 points/6 votes), Tee finished right behind w/ a 1.66 (10/6).

4th, 5th, and 6th were a dead heat (4.5 avg). 4th and 5th tied and General was right behind (4.83)

If we had recieved Digable's votes it very realistically could've been a 2 way tie at the top and 4-6 could've easily shifted.

If you think about it- the rankings were as much about the first pick or two we each had as much as the entire team. For example

IO - QB Eagles
Tee- BO
Alsacs - Rice
Zoo- Barry
Pace - LT

Arguably these are the top 5 players in the game from the perspective of having to play against them. I know it played a big role in my mind when ranking teams. Now if we could somehow play out the teams I bet it would turn out a little differently.. just a hunch :)

If you think about it- the rankings were as much about the first pick or two we each had as much as the entire team. For example

IO - QB Eagles
Tee- BO
Alsacs - Rice
Zoo- Barry
Pace - LT

Arguably these are the top 5 players in the game from the perspective of having to play against them. I know it played a big role in my mind when ranking teams. Now if we could somehow play out the teams I bet it would turn out a little differently.. just a hunch :)

Depends what position you covet the most. For me it was QB, and LB as the top 2 and my rankings came in pretty close to how I had the QB's ranked with 5-6, and 7-8 switched.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I stiffed the wrong teams towards my bottom part.
Still, IO had this one in the bag at the top slot either way.
Tecmo, you've been so good to me over the years.

Actually you and I had remarkably similar voting.

Once I saw the final rosters I knew it would be you or I at the top. If someone was just trying to put up stupid numbers on offense vs the cpu they're picking your squad everytime. I think I built a bit better man v man roster but even that's a toss up. All depends on the style of play you prefer.

If I'm just trying to put up absurd passing figures I'm taking Alsacs team w/ an occassional shotgun handoff to Neal Anderson but General and others were right there as well.

Most of these teams were coin flips and came down to one player or position that you prefer over the next. I kind of graded players A, B, C and Rodney Hampton. Teams with more A's or fewer C's won out but a C could cancel out an A for me so they both became a B.

I suppose now that it is over, I will let the cat out of the bag and give some incite into my voting process. This was a difficult vote. None of our teams really have any weaknesses so it came down to personal taste. I imagine that if we could have voted for ourselves we all would have since all the teams are good so the little things that fit your style of play is what differentiates (and I assume is we all drafted towards those preferences, I know I did).

I have to say, there were really no bad selections. Obviously there are some I agree with more than others, but nobody just bit it and drafted someone terrible. We have a group here with a great memory, obviously.

In the end I gave preference to teams with QB's with 19 speed and above because having under 19 speed is the closest thing to a weakness I could find on anyone's team, and I voted Imperial Orange first really only because he has QB Eagles on his team who I consider to be the best player on the game. I have to say a good job was done by all though, I cant think of a major mistake being made by anyone, which is shocking considering how old the game is and how many picks we all made. Well done.

Perhaps we should assemble a Tecmo dream team?

QB Eagles, Bo, Barry, LT, Singletary, DT, Bruce Smith, Jerry Rice are the no brainers. DB would probably run Haddix CB Fulcher SS Carrier FS Woodson CB.

Perhaps we should assemble a Tecmo dream team?

QB Eagles, Bo, Barry, LT, Singletary, DT, Bruce Smith, Jerry Rice are the no brainers. DB would probably run Haddix CB Fulcher SS Carrier FS Woodson CB.
IMO the best possible lineup would be
QB- QB Eagles
RB- Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders
WR- Jerry Rice, Drew Hill
TE- Jay Novacek/Keith Jackson
DE-Bruce Smith, Reggie White
DT- Jerry Ball
LB- LT, Derrick Thomas OLB, Mike Singletary, Jerom Brown ILBs
CB- Wayne Haddix, David Fulcher
SS- Mark Carrier
FS- Rod Woodson
P- Sean Landeta
K- Nick Lowery

IMO the best possible lineup would be
QB- QB Eagles
TE- Jay Novacek/Keith Jackson
DT- Jerry Ball
LB- LT, Derrick Thomas, Mike Singletary,
CB- Wayne Haddix, David Fulcher
SS- Mark Carrier
FS- Rod Woodson
P- Sean Landeta
K- Nick Lowery

Fulcher is a Strong Safety, Carrier is FS, and Woodson is a CB in Tecmo. Woodson is techinically RCB same as Haddix so if we're going true to position it would be either or and need an LCB and we could only have LT since DT plays the same spot. DT is either Ball or the freak Nelson from GB. You got the kicers right, Nick "Mike" Lowery can knock in 60+ yard FG's and Landeta is the best punter although you'll likely never use him in most games. I'm struggling with the 2nd ILB though. Pepper Johnson maybe?

Fulcher is a Strong Safety, Carrier is FS, and Woodson is a CB in Tecmo. Woodson is techinically RCB same as Haddix so if we're going true to position it would be either or and need an LCB and we could only have LT since DT plays the same spot. DT is either Ball or the freak Nelson from GB. You got the kicers right, Nick "Mike" Lowery can knock in 60+ yard FG's and Landeta is the best punter although you'll likely never use him in most games. I'm struggling with the 2nd ILB though. Pepper Johnson maybe?
Playing as Philly with QB Eagles Jerome Brown racked up 30 plus sacks a year for me I think he is the 2nd best ILB in the game. I think Woodson could clearly be the RCB if need be and the same for Derrick Thomas as its the same position just the opposite side of the field, but if you want each position okay I will scan my player datas.

QB- QB Eagles
TE- Keith Jackson I decided Jackson slightly over Novacek cause I used Jackson more when I played with PHI.
DT- Jerry Ball
LB- LT LOLB, Cornelius Bennett ROLB, Mike Singletary LILB, Jerome Brown RILBs
CB- Wayne Haddix RCB, Mark Collins LCB.
FS- Mark Carrier
SS- David Fulcher
P- Sean Landeta
K- Nick Lowery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member