Teisha Hyman Transferring to URI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Teisha Hyman Transferring to URI

There's an interview with her on Youtube and she talks about the portal and SU, was interesting response.

There's an interview with her on Youtube and she talks about the portal and SU, was interesting response.
Just watched the interview— is this in reference to when she said she got cut from the team? I, like the interviewer, didn’t even know you could get cut from a team once you are committed so that was something new haha.

Her response made sense though. She said she got cut because there wasn’t chemistry between the new coaching staff and her teammates. Also said that Tammi Reiss was the one who initially recruited her while she was still at Syracuse but left before she got there and just thugged it out with the 3 different coaching changes. And now she’s with the coach who first recruited her, so it’s all come full circle.

Looks like the switch to Rhode Island is paying off because she’s having a good year putting up some good numbers. I wish her nothing bust the best and hope she has a great year this season and can stay fully healthy.

Just watched the interview— is this in reference to when she said she got cut from the team? I, like the interviewer, didn’t even know you could get cut from a team once you are committed so that was something new haha.

Her response made sense though. She said she got cut because there wasn’t chemistry between the new coaching staff and her teammates. Also said that Tammi Reiss was the one who initially recruited her while she was still at Syracuse but left before she got there and just thugged it out with the 3 different coaching changes. And now she’s with the coach who first recruited her, so it’s all come full circle.

Looks like the switch to Rhode Island is paying off because she’s having a good year putting up some good numbers. I wish her nothing bust the best and hope she has a great year this season and can stay fully healthy.
That's the one. I always thought that entering the portal was not always the player's choice and that top tier teams dumped players for better ones in the portal, not saying that happen here just makes you look at things different.

That's the one. I always thought that entering the portal was not always the player's choice and that top tier teams dumped players for better ones in the portal, not saying that happen here just makes you look at things different.
I would imagine her definition of cut was being told she wouldn’t be starting and her minutes lessened from even her previous year. She didn’t start every game last year unlike her previous year starting just 22 of their 31 games, averaging 7 less minutes (33 to 26 minutes per game) and sadly had a negative assist to turnover rate as a guard. I liked her but I imagine having 3 different head coaches in addition to brand new teammates at SU was quite an adjustment for any player less having her role diminished over time. Bet like most situations there are two sides. Glad she sounds happy at Rhode Island and will wind up her career where she feels she has a major role in their program’s future. She has improved her rebounding, plays a few more minutes and now has a positive assist to turnover ratio over her last year here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom