Tell me why Dino stays? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me why Dino stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hear injuries, injuries, injuries.
But why don’t top programs have injury problems?

FSU’s QB had a horrific leg injury, but they hung up 56 points. Yes, not against a top 10 team.
Arch Manning is keeping quiet, but he’s #3 on the depth chart. Georgia has an endless well of OL.
And our QB room would pale to my high school right now.

In the portal era it's not a given that we're terrible, especially since we have a creamy soft schedule next season.

A new coach can come in, retain some talent, attract some new talent, and win some football games.
I understand the portal etc. But we will be horrible next year. It’s almost a guarantee. We don’t have a foundation to build on and we’re not swapping the entire team out with portal players. Obviously no way to truly know until we play it out, but it’s pretty apparent.

You have to understand, we need a QB (or two) a RB, an entire set of WRs, a pass rusher (or two), a defensive backfield, probably a linebacker. I mean, we need a new team.

We had questions up and down the roster this year and, ridiculously, several on here thought they’d all been solved but as we can see, almost equally ridiculously, Dino hadn’t really solved any of them, which is freaking hard to do!

We’re not magically plucking a new roster out of the portal. A player here and there? Maybe. We’re getting scraps not Joe Burrow. With players coming to Cuse, they’re trading down not up. Nobody looking to improve their stock is coming to Cuse. They are trying to resurrect non existent careers. That’s the difference. It’s the reason we got “SEC” quarterbacks. What does that even mean? They’re absolutely terrible. They aren’t “SEC” QBs because they’ve sitting the bench for a horrific SU team and can’t even throw a forward pass.

No my friend, we will not be good next year. This whole thing is another “rebuild”. I hate it too. I want us to win immediately. I just don’t see it.

I understand the portal etc. But we will be horrible next year. It’s almost a guarantee. We don’t have a foundation to build on and we’re not swapping the entire team out with portal players. Obviously no way to truly know until we play it out, but it’s pretty apparent.

You have to understand, we need a QB (or two) a RB, an entire set of WRs, a pass rusher (or two), a defensive backfield, probably a linebacker. I mean, we need a new team.

We had questions up and down the roster this year and, ridiculously, several on here thought they’d all been solved but as we can see, almost equally ridiculously, Dino hadn’t really solved any of them, which is freaking hard to do!

We’re not magically plucking a new roster out of the portal. A player here and there? Maybe. We’re getting scraps not Joe Burrow. With players coming to Cuse, they’re trading down not up. Nobody looking to improve their stock is coming to Cuse. They are trying to resurrect non existent careers. That’s the difference. It’s the reason we got “SEC” quarterbacks. What does that even mean? They’re absolutely terrible. They aren’t “SEC” QBs because they’ve sitting the bench for a horrific SU team and can’t even throw a forward pass.

No my friend, we will not be good next year. This whole thing is another “rebuild”. I hate it too. I want us to win immediately. I just don’t see it.

You haven’t followed CFB over the last couple years?

This scenario never happens. The decision has to be made before the bowl game. Can’t wait until after, the replacement pool shrinks.

The bowls aren’t what they once were (outside the big ones, NY6 and playoffs), the rest are to get a chance to look at next year’s team. Too many opt outs and transfers to use it as a way to evaluate a coach.
What if the decisions made at half time?

I mentioned this last night too. It’s not like Dino is some force in the community either. I have a ton of football supporting friends and this has always been a big deal. He doesn’t show up to anything (unless it’s mandated by the school) and he does nothing in the off season charity wise to donate his time to help a cause. Is he a nice guy yes, is he a weird guy? One of the weirdest I’ve ever met. I don’t like anything about him anymore. He
Knows he can continue to rob the school and fail the players and takes zero accountability

Ohana says his last game is against Bowling Green in the Birmingham Bowl for a blow out loss

Here are my wishes;

1. Beat Wake
2. Release Dino (it’s a shame; although I never wanted him signed to an extension but I want all SU coaches to be successful and he seemed like a decent guy)
3. Win bowl game with interim coach
4. Get solid previous HC (I actually think an Al Golden type is probably what the program needs but this is an inexact science)
5. Strengthen NE recruiting/dip into ACC footprint/hit portal - rebuild (unfortunately, it’s going to take time again)
6. Get a qb who’s can throw the forward pass
7. Success in Red Autrys first year
8. An apology from the obnoxious Pollyannas on this board who said things like I was “miserable” and other types of immaturity when I pointed out at 4-0 that I didn’t think this team was very good, which I framed in a fair and reasonable way. I see none of those people on the board now. What great “fans” they are. They have some twisted alternate reality that they want no one to penetrate with analytical thought. But look who’s still here cheering for the team, even though we’re a complete disaster, me! There are others on this board who deserve that same apology from that crew, but it’s very bush league that they can’t say, “hey, I was wrong”
You wouldn't in favor of an extention when we won 10 games? Really? Really? At that point, after the previous 15 years, how could you not be in favor of extending a coach that just won 10 games? I find that hard to believe.

In a different post, Edinger said something to the effect that he doesn't want giant robots or muscle bound cars...he thinks what he's producing from the strength and conditioning stand point is good enough for the NFL.
And yet year after year injuries are a problem. How come...other teams don't have injuries?? We are the only ones?
BS
It's because Edinger's program doesn't produce enough players who are physically ready to fillout a 2 deep depth chart for P5 competition.

Well, where exactly is the school located?
What's that got to do with anything?

Coach or AD, what are the KPI's of success?

I would have to think winning would be a pretty important measurement.

I hope everyone of his hires get into the hall of fame, but I don't think hiring alums for every opening is the best path. There are some people that have good ideas that didn't attend SU.

Cuse has been blown out routinely and might be the only team in division one who literally does not have a starting qb. It’s not the losses really, it’s how they lose, it’s abysmal.

I would fire him if Cuse beat wake forest 55-0 next week yes we can do better it literally cannot be worse. Cuse has one, ONE, ACC win in year 8.

He came in as an offensive guy and will leave switching to a triple option. It’s literally a meme.
It literally cannot get worse?

Did you experience the Greg Robinson era?

He shouldn’t even have the opportunity to win next week.

For anyone who has ever managed anyone, this is one of those situations where if we keep passing on making the hard decision, by sheer luck he could get brought back simply because he limped his way to a 6 win season.
If he wins next week and goes to a bowl, you keep him.

What gets me is the comment Dino made about not being at that point to build a team out of the portal. Why hasn’t anyone challenged him on this. He can’t recruit and has some issue with the portal. Like why does he even show up to work

What's that got to do with anything?

Coach or AD, what are the KPI's of success?

I would have to think winning would be a pretty important measurement.

I hope everyone of his hires get into the hall of fame, but I don't think hiring alums for every opening is the best path. There are some people that have good ideas that didn't attend SU.
Did you read the post I responded to? That was what it had to do with. And of course just hiring alums would be a terrible idea. But which of the hires haven't you liked? They all look pretty good to me.

You wouldn't in favor of an extention when we won 10 games? Really? Really? At that point, after the previous 15 years, how could you not be in favor of extending a coach that just won 10 games? I find that hard to believe.
Honest to god. I swear. Not in hindsight. I’ve never liked Dino as the coach. Even after the 10 win season. I’ve never thought he was a good coach. I’ve never thought he ran a good system. I never thought he was a good recruiter. I honestly think fond memories of the 10-3 season also inflates how good we all think that team actually was. That team wasn’t very good and the schedule turned out a bit fluky in my opinion. HOWEVER, I was most certainly happy and I’ll take whatever 10-3 season I could get! Despite the 10-3 I wasn’t enamored because we saw a lot of what we’re seeing now, just we had a handful of better players at that point.

I just never bought into what he was doing. Even when we’re were scoring points. If you look back and catalogue all the mistakes he made from the start, there were many. A really big warning sign was how bad our class was during the 10-3 season.

ALSO, I always hoped for Dino to succeed. Of course I wanted him to be the answer. And as long as he was coaching Cuse, I’m behind him. Heck, I’m still hoping we get to a bowl. Not to retain him necessarily but because I want what’s best for the program, which is to win games.

To be truthful, I also don’t know the answer to our issues. Yes, I never cared for Dino as a coach throughout his tenure but I can’t claim to know what the solution is either. Our next coach could be worse, it’s a possibility. Hopefully not.

No backup QB, questionable decisions in every game by the HC. Next man up philosophy doesn’t work for WR’s. Yes, coming up with a strategy to beat feckless Pitt worked, but not modifying your game plan for GT dI’d not.
It’s time for DB to go!
IMG_0113.gif

Outside of all the issues with this team/coaching staff, how do you even consider keeping Dino on at this point?

This fan base is completely deflated. I feel like the only way to reengage the fan base is to start fresh and bring in a new face of the program.

Also, if they don't fire him between now and Saturday, what is the dome going to look like Saturday? Is a chance at going bowling going to be enough of a reason for people to show up? I don't think so.

Even if they go bowling, how do you sell a fan base on the game with the product that's being put on the field. Hopefully, if they make a bowl game, they can prepare a QB to play rather than the garbage that they're putting on the field currently.

Some of this reminds me of the 'think about his family' arguments we heard during the P firing.

It was time to go at halftime of the BC game. Thought it would happen during the ensuing BOT meeting.

Disappointing.

Yes. Look at all the great portal players Syracuse has landed!

With the current coaching staff. You’re not very good at this are you.

Again, have you followed CFB in the last two years?

In a different post, Edinger said something to the effect that he doesn't want giant robots or muscle bound cars...he thinks what he's producing from the strength and conditioning stand point is good enough for the NFL.
And yet year after year injuries are a problem. How come...other teams don't have injuries?? We are the only ones?
BS
It's because Edinger's program doesn't produce enough players who are physically ready to fillout a 2 deep depth chart for P5 competition.
Another scrub. He’s been awful the entire time he’s been here. These kids are always getting injured, he clearly didn’t help with any nutritional information (ask Mikel Jones) and is just a meathead. The whole thing is broken with this program especially with this clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom