Tell me why Dino stays? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me why Dino stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I mean, this whole concept that what we have is the best we can expect is a joke. I know it’s going to be hard to get back to the 90’s level of success but we can do a lot better than this.
What do we have to lose? I’ve been watching this crap for over 20 years. I want to win . I want the good old days back in the day. This crap needs to stop. Now

Yeah I mean, this whole concept that what we have is the best we can expect is a joke. I know it’s going to be hard to get back to the 90’s level of success but we can do a lot better than this.
I don’t even know if we can do better than this. But I know we have to try. And I know Dino’s not capable of making it happen.

Keeping him means we’re not serious about football.

He'd be 21-45 in conference play, with one season with a winning record in conference in eight years. And 3-7 against non-conference P5s - and thank goodness for Purdue.

We went from 2017 playing ranked LSU and Miami teams close on the road and beating Clemson, to 2018 winning 10 games and playing #3 Clemson close on the road, to now getting smoked by every halfway decent team we play.

If we win next week it will make five years of 2 ACC Ws and one year with 1 ACC W. So 6 out of 8 years at 2 Ws or less. He has failed to make 3 ACC Ws, 6 out of 8 years!

Eh thats weak. If we went 8-4 and got blown out 4 times, you dont fire a guy.

If he wins next week and a bowl game and wndw up at 7-6, you fire him?

Absafukintively.

He has been given every opportunity, resource, dollar, whatever you wanna call it and he still sucks. Going .500 or worse is really not that hard when you play 3 cupcake games to start the year. Stop overthinking this SU. The guy is a bum
His record speaks for itself. How can you fail so bad and keep your job?
millions

Make Dino finish Kaitlyn Conley's sentence

The only thing that should matter is 19-45. That is the Elephant in the room. Then in game coaching, penalties, lack of discipline, time management, lack of player developing, horrible recruiting. The list is long and ugly. It should not even be up for debate.

I think common sense pretty much tell us he’s not coming back.

Syracuse is going to be absolutely awful next year no matter who’s the coach. We need to start to rebuild now. It’s worth the investment of the buyout and start over. I don’t think we’ll see Dino on the sidelines next year.

1700369177165.gif

Eh thats weak. If we went 8-4 and got blown out 4 times, you dont fire a guy.

If he wins next week and a bowl game and wndw up at 7-6, you fire him?

This scenario never happens. The decision has to be made before the bowl game. Can’t wait until after, the replacement pool shrinks.

The bowls aren’t what they once were (outside the big ones, NY6 and playoffs), the rest are to get a chance to look at next year’s team. Too many opt outs and transfers to use it as a way to evaluate a coach.

Wildhack will say the kids are still giving 100% under Dino and he was hampered by injuries to his #1 and #2 QB’s. Mark it down. That will be the excuse for retaining Dino.
Yep, this spin is so easy, it's a no brainer to use. He can mention the loss of #1 receiving threat too. Still might be able to add a kicker that despite the setbacks, they still got to a bowl game.

Just conveniently ignore the massive list of factors that would lead to the opposite decision.

The thing is, if he had 2 years left, that would be one thing. But with one year remaining on his contract, you have to either fire him or extend him. One or the other. A lame duck coach can't recruit.
I hate to say this but the admin will look at the injuries and there is some validity to them.
OG was a huge loss
Shrader never recovered from surgery and then he was injured in the second game.
3 starters out on the offensive line .
YES injuries are part of the game but we basically lost our offense around the Army game.
Even with the injuries if not for a missed field goal
( horrible call not to go for it)
And missed extra point plus a fumble on the second half kickoff we win this game.
If Shrader and OG had been healthy we win 8 this year.
PLEASE know that i think he is a horrible game day coach. One of the absolute worst.
BUT the admin might look at 6 wins, look at about 8 million all in, look at a soft schedule next year and make the call to extend Dino with a very favorable contract. One with an incentive based comp plan and very low buyout and roll with him next year.
I personally want him gone but i believe there is better than a 50% chance he is retained if we beat wake.

I don’t even know if we can do better than this. But I know we have to try. And I know Dino’s not capable of making it happen.

Keeping him means we’re not serious about football.

The fact that he is 20-45 to date (ACC) and still coaching at Syracuse University is, and has been for some time, a tell all sign that we are not serious about football.

Last edited:
Here are my wishes;

1. Beat Wake
2. Release Dino (it’s a shame; although I never wanted him signed to an extension but I want all SU coaches to be successful and he seemed like a decent guy)
3. Win bowl game with interim coach
4. Get solid previous HC (I actually think an Al Golden type is probably what the program needs but this is an inexact science)
5. Strengthen NE recruiting/dip into ACC footprint/hit portal - rebuild (unfortunately, it’s going to take time again)
6. Get a qb who’s can throw the forward pass
7. Success in Red Autrys first year
8. An apology from the obnoxious Pollyannas on this board who said things like I was “miserable” and other types of immaturity when I pointed out at 4-0 that I didn’t think this team was very good, which I framed in a fair and reasonable way. I see none of those people on the board now. What great “fans” they are. They have some twisted alternate reality that they want no one to penetrate with analytical thought. But look who’s still here cheering for the team, even though we’re a complete disaster, me! There are others on this board who deserve that same apology from that crew, but it’s very bush league that they can’t say, “hey, I was wrong”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom