Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt / hires Josh Heupel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt / hires Josh Heupel

Tennessee is targeting Marrone friend Bill O’Brian for the HC job.

That would be hilarious if left Alabama before even coaching.
That would make sense to target him. He did mend a broken Penn st.

Doug Marrone has ties to Tennessee and I bet could coach there.
It would recruit for itself.

Or they could go after David Cutcliffe.
I don't think Marrone is the Tennessee type.

Tennessee is targeting Marrone friend Bill O’Brian for the HC job.

That would be hilarious if left Alabama before even coaching.

I guess one of the better informed mods on the two4seven Bama board just posted as a staff update that O’Brien is trying to bring Marrone in as their OL coach at Bama. The update said not a done deal but it’s been prioritized by BoB and Saban.

Attachments

• A1158CE1-1A1F-4345-82C6-E2719CF1699C.jpeg
    A1158CE1-1A1F-4345-82C6-E2719CF1699C.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 108
I wonder if they are pursuing Hugh Freeze?

What a mess.

The Vols have never recovered from the ill-advised decision to file Phil Fulmer.

Just as Texas has never recovered from the ill-advised decision to fire Mack Brown.

Just as Nebraska has never really recovered from its decision to fire Frank Solich.

And, the same could be said of Michigan's decision to push out Lloyd Carr.

Be careful what you pray for.

What a mess.

The Vols have never recovered from the ill-advised decision to file Phil Fulmer.

Just as Texas has never recovered from the ill-advised decision to fire Mack Brown.

Just as Nebraska has never really recovered from its decision to fire Frank Solich.

it can always get worse

same could be said of SU

What a mess.

We should have never pulled the plug on Grob so quick. We could have only gotten better.

I don't think it would work. You have to recruit and suck up to rich donors that isn't Doug's thing.
So you are not questioning his ability to coach in the SEC just not sure he would want to deal with the outside distractions. Gotcha

I agree with that. I do think him not liking recuiting is overblown though. He seemed to enjoy some aspects of that.
Marrone's dislike of recruiting is a board myth

He may not hate it as much at a place that is easier to get recruits. And he may enjoy coaching more when he has more say over who he coaches and has a chance to have a talent advantage in a number of games.

Really, I have no clue what he will look for in his next job. Maybe he's a pro guy through and through or maybe his time away from the college game has allowed him to forget some of the aspects he didn't like about it and he' ready to return.

Well I can't imagine recruiting at Bama is some sort of chore considering that all high school oline know that if you want a high probability of being drafted and going pro, selecting Bama is the way to go. Marrone will be able to pick from the best.

I take it you never attended any of Marrone's Monday luncheons at Armory Square?

i don’t think he liked the use of the time, there haven’t been any since he left, what does that have to do with recruiting?

i don’t think he liked the use of the time, there haven’t been any since he left, what does that have to do with recruiting?

Marrone used to express opinions all the time about recruiting. He wasn't fond of it.

Marrone used to express opinions all the time about recruiting. He wasn't fond of it.
Yeah, I can’t remember where it was, but I definitely remember a mention of loathing kissing up to a 17-yr. old.

I do think he’d be better at it with a school that doesn’t have as hard a time recruiting. But, it’s also changed significantly in the last decade.

I’m not saying he won’t make a pit stop at ‘Bama, but Dougie’s an NFL guy through and through.

There was a lot of things he wasn't fond of but it doesn't mean he wasn't good at it. Im sure you will hear the same complaints about recruiting from most head coaches in college. Keep in mind Doug had to recruit during a bad time at one of the toughest places to recruit.