Tennessee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee

I had always wondered how/why Pruitt rose so quickly through the coaching ranks… now I know why…. he knew how to “get things done” and was a “great recruiter”!

how did Syracuse end up with two probations and lost post season both times by being so accomodating to the NCAA? I'm not smart enough or i'm lazy just enough to go line by line how our situation differs from Tennessee but I feel like we capitulate 10x faster than every single other school for offenses i'd best describe as on the minor side

how did Syracuse end up with two probations and lost post season both times by being so accomodating to the NCAA? I'm not smart enough or i'm lazy just enough to go line by line how our situation differs from Tennessee but I feel like we capitulate 10x faster than every single other school for offenses i'd best describe as on the minor side
Seems clear that we’ve had clowns representing us in both cases. Plus I’m convinced Boeheim pissed off the NCAA so it became personal.

I missed the part that mentions how many wins have been taken away.
I believe it says Tennessee used ineligible players for at least 21 games and the NCAA has asked UT to investigate how many gAmes ineligible players were used and send the report back to them within 14 days.

Pretty sure they are going to be asked to forfeit all their wins where players known to have be involved with recruiting violations played. It is just a question of how many now.

All for a coach that went 16-19 over 3 years.

Yeesh. That rivals the Rutgers dumpster fire.

On the local news here they specifically said the infractions committee didn't want to punish current players for things that happened previously, which I know isn't something that was ever worried about previoisly. I wonder if firing Pruitt so quickly helped their cause with the NCAA. It wasn't all that difficult a decision given that he wasn't that good anyway.

That's a pretty big shoulder shrug given that they were an insignificant team those years. I wonder how much impact the scholarship losses will have. I hope it's a lot. Tennessee fans are insufferable all the time, but they're that much worse when they have a good team.

I know this guy is a total mouth breathing crazy person but is this remotely accurate?

1689778467700.jpeg

100% BS!!!

After MissState offered $250K and failed to get a QB because Auburn outbid them, shouldn't Tennessee be more worried about the SEC sanctioning them for making the SEC look bad with such a miniscule effort? $60K spread so thin in the SEC is chess team money.
Embarrassing

I think it's important to remember our football vacated wins were from the GRob era, so if most people are like me, it's kind of a "whatever" reaction.

What was the reason?

In re-reading this article, it is even more infuriating looking at what it was for. Extra help from a tutor (yes it’s cheating) for 3 players, and $8,000 for “working” at the local YMCA. We pay that now to have a kid show up at a tailgate. Tennessee was guilty of 200 violations. SMU got the death penalty.

I know it's not nice to make fun of the South but they make it so hard not to when you read stuff like this.
The south has many,many,many of their values totally backwards , but I love that they're telling the ncaa to pound sand instead of just snapping to attention and saluting them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom