Tennessee | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee

The south has many,many,many of their values totally backwards , but I love that they're telling the ncaa to pound sand instead of just snapping to attention and saluting them
Having lived 25 years plus in the south I can tell ya it’s a lot friendlier place to live than the north.
Every place has their good and bad but on a whole I’ll take the south’s values over the north.

It would never had happened if Gross wasn’t the most moronic AD in college athletics history.

The only hire worse that his hiring of GRob was Cantor hiring Gross.

Ugh.

on a whole I’ll take the south’s values over the north.
Youre Funny Season 5 GIF by The Office

Having lived 25 years plus in the south I can tell ya it’s a lot friendlier place to live than the north.
Every place has their good and bad but on a whole I’ll take the south’s values over the north.
Having lived in the south for 15 years, I don't quite agree. I agree that every place has good and bad people, but southerners are nice to your face but so many are fake. People were nicer in CNY. Even if they disagreed with you, at least it was honest and up front. The nicest people I know here moved from the north. My wife is from the south and she has expressed the same thing.

Every place has their good and
Having lived in the south for 15 years, I don't quite agree. I agree that every place has good and bad people, but southerners are nice to your face but so many are fake. People were nicer in CNY. Even if they disagreed with you, at least it was honest and up front. The nicest people I know here moved from the north. My wife is from the south and she has expressed the same thing.
Hopefully you have moved back up north where you and your wife enjoy it a lot more.
I’m going to live out my retirement down yonder.

Yeah, I don’t think saying “hello” to strangers at the Piggly Wiggly means you have good values.

Last edited:
Hopefully you have moved back up north where you and your wife enjoy it a lot more.
I’m going to live out my retirement down yonder.
We like the people in the north, but not the weather. If you think the people in the south are nicer, great. That hasn't been my experience.

We like the people in the north, but not the weather. If you think the people in the south are nicer, great. That hasn't been my experience.
One thing I miss about upstate NY is the summer and fall.I absolutely loved those seasons up north as compared to the south.
I really am sorry you find the people where you live to be not so nice, I’d hate to live where I didn’t care for the people in the community I live in.

I suppose you would get used to it, but everybody is sooooo sloooooow in the south.

I suppose you would get used to it, but everybody is sooooo sloooooow in the south.
Most definitely a slower pace of life.
Older I get the more I like it, my younger days not soooo much.

Here , we say FU to your face, not behind your back.:)
The south does likewise, only they use "friendlier" methods:

"You're so special"

While I maintain most of my NY frankness and often trigger a few diehards, most true southerners in the Houston area appreciate it. I specify true southerners as most people in Texas are not from Texas or beyond the second generation.

Florida was like that, too.

Louisiana, not so much. Though I did not live near NOLA.

I can't speak for other places in the south, but as the north outnumbered the south historically and the south has grown, and keeps growing, I would think the balance has shifted towards a northern influence, whether the influence is significant for each reader I cannot tell.

A few positives:
Barbecue everywhere
Fired chicken for breakfast
No state income tax (Florida and Texas)
Shoveling sunshine is much easier on the back than shoveling snow (This statement is much more impacting in the winter months)
Property taxes are lower
It's rarely cold

A few negatives:
It's HOT much of the time
Great pizza is hard to find
No Giannelli sausage nor Hofmann's hot dogs
The seasons are not as distinct

It's a "choose your poison" issue. If you know how to deal with people and have integrity, either the north or south is generally easy to live with.

Moreso than slow, it's the obliviousness to anyone around you that annoys me. People act as if they're not in the way of anyone or holding anyone up. But yes, there is also a lack of hustle that you don't have in the north. On the roads it's weird. You have this crazy combination of people crawling along with others driving like it's Nascar. And where I live it's all curves and hills, so there's no chance to pass on two lane roads.

I’ve lived everywhere including Virginia and Texas. The people in the south are very nice to your face, not so much once you leave the room. That’s an issue you don’t have up north. They will tell you precisely what they think to your face.

I know it's not nice to make fun of the South but they make it so hard not to when you read stuff like this.

Is it all that dissimilar from what NYS is doing according to the NYS NIL law thread?

Most definitely a slower pace of life.
Older I get the more I like it, my younger days not soooo much.
I can see why that pace of life would be attractive in retirement but it is infuriating when trying to meet deadlines in your working years.

South is a great place to visit for a few months in winter. Outside of that, it doesn’t hold much appeal.

I hope we can really beat up on Tennessee.. I still remember years ago that crap "pass interference" delayed flag on fourth down against Tennessee when they were #1. They were down by 2 points and just out of field goal range. The penalty gave them a first down and enabled them to kick a field goal to win.

I’ve lived everywhere including Virginia and Texas. The people in the south are very nice to your face, not so much once you leave the room. That’s an issue you don’t have up north. They will tell you precisely what they think to your face.
Unless you're a damn yankee. Then they'll passive aggressively insult you to your face as if they're just joking so that if you come back at them you come off as the jerk.

The south does likewise, only they use "friendlier" methods:

"You're so special"

While I maintain most of my NY frankness and often trigger a few diehards, most true southerners in the Houston area appreciate it. I specify true southerners as most people in Texas are not from Texas or beyond the second generation.

Florida was like that, too.

Louisiana, not so much. Though I did not live near NOLA.

I can't speak for other places in the south, but as the north outnumbered the south historically and the south has grown, and keeps growing, I would think the balance has shifted towards a northern influence, whether the influence is significant for each reader I cannot tell.

A few positives:
Barbecue everywhere
Fired chicken for breakfast
No state income tax (Florida and Texas)
Shoveling sunshine is much easier on the back than shoveling snow (This statement is much more impacting in the winter months)
Property taxes are lower
It's rarely cold

A few negatives:
It's HOT much of the time
Great pizza is hard to find
No Giannelli sausage nor Hofmann's hot dogs
The seasons are not as distinct

It's a "choose your poison" issue. If you know how to deal with people and have integrity, either the north or south is generally easy to live with.
You can get Hoffman's if you live in an area with Publix. I stock up everytime they have a bogo. In knoxville their are a couple genuine new york style pizza places owned by guys that moved here from NYC or New Jersey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom