Testing today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Testing today

Of all the talented backs we have had at SU over the years, his style reminds me of Ernie except that he can't go backwards as fast as forwards like Davis did.

If Smith ran a 4.48, I wonder what PTG ran, because he's supposedly faster.

40 times are tricky. They might run similar numbers but I would imagine PTG is faster 0-20 yards and Rome would catch him 20-40 due to longer strides. It's kind of a useless number but one us fans love it. 10 yard and 20 yard splits are much more telling.

That being said, Rome was a 1/2 step from breaking long runs multiple times last season. I'm not sure what his baseline number was last year at this time but if that represents a huge increase then we could see him in the end zone quite a few more times this season.

2nd day draft pick
I think first day is also very likely especially if his speed holds up as indicated. Power and speed are a rare blend and always in ;) demand.

Of all the talented backs we have had at SU over the years, his style reminds me of Ernie except that he can't go backwards as fast as forwards like Davis did.
As we all know Ernie was more than special. Both in talent and personality.:(

Seems like we were privy to many more testing numbers in years past. I wonder why everyone is so tight lipped nowadays?

Seems like we were privy to many more testing numbers in years past. I wonder why everyone is so tight lipped nowadays?
Only a guess on my part but knowing just how fast a player is might affect the types of coverage that is deployed on him in a game.Altering strategy on defense is or could be critical.:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom