Texas A&M fires Jimbo Fisher / hiring Mike Elko ? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M fires Jimbo Fisher / hiring Mike Elko ?

Syracuse is crying about a 10 million buy out if they fire Dino!!! Just goest to show you how broke Syracuse is realative to a lot of these schools fans want us to compete with.
How can he have $10M left on the buyout?

Syracuse is crying about a 10 million buy out if they fire Dino!!! Just goest to show you how broke Syracuse is realative to a lot of these schools fans want us to compete with.

A lot of these schools? You mean ultra rich TAM? Why do you want to compare our finances to them?

Talk to aTm, use it for leverage to get a raise or talk to someone else and tell them thanks but no thanks. Impossible job that seems to be hard to bounce back from.

Whoever gave him that contract should be fired next. That is just stupid. A&M had all of the risk, Jimbo had 0. What does he care if the go 0-12?

Jimbo is overrated and definitely overpaid. He won a national championship thanks to what Bobby Bowden left. When Jimbo left FSU he left the cupboard empty. They are only now recovering from Jimbo.
Word is he never adapted and still runs the exact same system that he ran at FSU.

It must be nice to have a school totally bought in and not worrying about firing a HC before the season is over.

A lot of these schools? You mean ultra rich TAM? Why do you want to compare our finances to them?
I have been saying for months that Cuse is cash poor...in defense of why we can't compete with all these schools our fans think we should be competing with. Regardess of who our coach is, unless we get an infusion of cash, we will not be able to compete in this new arms race that is fueled by NIL and the ability to pay players.

How can he have $10M left on the buyout?
I don't know if it is 10 million...or 2 million...Supposedly, Dino's buyout is why he is still coaching. I know the buyout isn't 75 million...LOL...

I can’t believe they didn’t give him at least 8 years to try and figure it out.
For the same reasons that rich men...keep marrying younger trophy wives... they want the best of the best...and they want it and can afford it now!!

Well, they’re an insane outlier the other way, but yes kinda funny how different the pots of gold are.

On the other hand, he could coach here for $1 a year and have a chance at revenge on the ACC. He certainly won't need the money, and we can use it to get him a great staff.

For the same reasons that rich men...keep marrying younger trophy wives... they want the best of the best...and they want it and can afford it now!!
This is the strangest analogy I’ve ever seen here.

Are you really a doctor?

Talk to aTm, use it for leverage to get a raise or talk to someone else and tell them thanks but no thanks. Impossible job that seems to be hard to bounce back from.

Their last conference championship was 1998, in the Big 12. Their last claimed national championship was 1937. Their fans believe they should be perennial conference and national championship contenders, and are unsatisfied with anything else.

Texas A&M seemed to have reasonable expectations back in the 80s, when winning the conference and going to the Cotton Bowl was a hugely successful season. I think Texas winning the national championship in 2005 broke that fan base though, and they’ve become increasingly disconnected from reality since then.

Their last conference championship was 1998, in the Big 12. Their last claimed national championship was 1937. Their fans believe they should be perennial conference and national championship contenders, and are unsatisfied with anything else.

Texas A&M seemed to have reasonable expectations back in the 80s, when winning the conference and going to the Cotton Bowl was a hugely successful season. I think Texas winning the national championship in 2005 broke that fan base though, and they’ve become increasingly disconnected from reality since then.
I think they've seen how money can change a program and they have lots of it. If Clemson can go from being good to elite, there's no logical reason A&M can't. They're in a recruiting hotbed and have access to all the same resources as everyone else. Competing with Texas for in state talent is their only negative.

The biggest issue they have is their proximity to Austin. Being in the same conference with UT, they were always overshadowed both for recruits and publicity. The SEC gave them an opportunity for differentiation but that’s now gone.

They’re paying brand new Lamborghini money and getting 2008 Toyota Corolla results. We’re paying brand new RAV4 money and getting 1980 Ford Pinto results. Neither is acceptable, but the return on investment issue is much greater at Texas A&M.

Plus their fan base is made up of people who choose to spend it on college football instead of on the therapy they desperately need…it’s really a perfect recipe for crazy decisions to be made.
I drive a 2010 Toyota Corolla with 230,000 + miles on it, want to get 400,000, the thing is an indestructible tank

I drive a 2010 Toyota Corolla with 230,000 + miles on it, want to get 400,000, the thing is an indestructible tank

It may be indestructible but it is no tank. More like a moped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom