Texas A-M fires Kevin Sumlin / hires Jimbo Fisher | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Texas A-M fires Kevin Sumlin / hires Jimbo Fisher

We still have to beat out Miami, Clemson, the SEC, Louisville and others for said recruits

Oh man, Whittingham in the SEC would be really interesting. The guy burns through offensive coordinators. He calls passing "the throw game."

I'm not buying this story until Jimbo officially announces he is leaving. To me this might be Jimbo trying to get more $$$ out of FSU

IF True and Jimbo jumps, then it does show that SEC is where it is at for a college football coach to cash in and get the big payday.

What we should watch for is movement with Fedora, Clawson, Riley etc.

Why would anyone leave Fsu for A&M, Fsu is one of the best jobs in the country?

Zero - no impact on recruiting.

Disagree. I see at least two FSU commits with SU offers who don't have offers from schools that are out of our league: WR D'Marcus Adams, 6-0, 170, from Mainland HS in Daytona Beach; and ILB Rosendo Louis, 6-1, 225, from Deerfield Beach HS in Florida.

I think the staff should/will do their due diligence.

Disagree. I see at least two FSU commits with SU offers who don't have offers from schools that are out of our league: WR D'Marcus Adams, 6-0, 170, from Mainland HS in Daytona Beach; and ILB Rosendo Louis, 6-1, 225, from Deerfield Beach HS in Florida.

They have SU offers, we weren’t in a battle with FSU for these two that has now tilted in our favor. Both of these players will wait and see who FSU brings in as a coach before deciding. So it leaves us in the same position as yesterday.

I'm not buying this story until Jimbo officially announces he is leaving. To me this might be Jimbo trying to get more $$$ out of FSU

IF True and Jimbo jumps, then it does show that SEC is where it is at for a college football coach to cash in and get the big payday.

On our board we call this “Beamering”.

What we should watch for is movement with Fedora, Clawson, Riley etc.
I would imagine Fedora will get a good look by MooSU, since he was the Southern Miss coach.

Why would anyone leave Fsu for A&M, Fsu is one of the best jobs in the country?

While I agree with you, there are still some guys that will take 2.5 million reasons for what is at best a lateral move. FSU has already shown it is content to compete for ACC titles regularly and National titles periodically for teh right guy (see Bowden and Fisher) and TAMU publicly states it expects to compete annually for the SEC title. Not sure why Fisher wouldn't sit tight knowing he has a stud QB coming back and can honestly recruit stud QBs by showing that playing time is at hand.

I pray that you're right

Agree 100%, believe it when i see it. Last year it was LSU. Again, i think people fail to acknowledge his personal situation. That said, as a Cuse fan, I have no issue with him leaving as FSU will struggle to replace him with a coach as good as he is. Plain and simple

Agree 100%, believe it when i see it. Last year it was LSU. Again, i think people fail to acknowledge his personal situation. That said, as a Cuse fan, I have no issue with him leaving as FSU will struggle to replace him with a coach as good as he is. Plain and simple
What is his personal situation?

Willie Taggert would be a home run hire at Florida State.

If Fedora leaves UNC then we will have some talent to hop on.

What is his personal situation?

He's divorced with 2 kids , mom lives in Tallahassee area. His son has Fanconi anemia, a rare genetic disorder that causes bone marrow failure.

He's divorced with 2 kids, mom lives in Tallahassee area.

With $7.5 mil and access to a private jet, makes it easier with an administration that would probably be willing to do anything to get him.

With $7.5 mil and access to a private jet, makes it easier with an administration that would probably be willing to do anything to get him.

I added to my initial post about his son's illness.

First of all, good for Sumlin that he's gone. He'll land on his feet and hopefully his family won't have to deal with racism where ever he goes next.

The Vols and T A&M should go after Kyle Wittingham at Utah. I can't believe someone would leave FSU for T A&M. You're trading one delusional fan base for another. Just the accent is different.

They have SU offers, we weren’t in a battle with FSU for these two that has now tilted in our favor. Both of these players will wait and see who FSU brings in as a coach before deciding. So it leaves us in the same position as yesterday.

It's a two-way street. Doubt either of these recruits head to A & M. In fact, both FSU and A & M had classes ranked in the Top 15. Will Fisher try to poach recruits to A & M? Will Sumlin try to poach A & M recruits to Arizona State? Plus, will the new FSU coach honor all the commits who Fisher recruited? Some commits will inevitably get lost in the shuffle. Which is why I think it makes sense for these two recruits to go somewhere they're sure they'll be wanted. And I think SU could be one of those places.