Texas, Notre Dame joining Big Ten? | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Notre Dame joining Big Ten?

That was spread on Twitter by a Cleveland sports radio guy. The national guys have already stated there's nothing to that rumor.

Maybe this is how it starts!!
If it’s true it’s not good news for Rutger:rolling:

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20110909/SPORTS/109090303

The whole Purple Cat post was covered here yesterday. IMO he is credible even if he isn't 100% right all the time. Certainly better than Frank the Tank. :)

The best line was "Notre Dame's appeal already grabs the New York City market without bringing in a weak sister such as Rutgers, as was previously floated.".

When rumors include these two things
1. Notre Dame
2. conference
I tend to just let it slide by

The whole Purple Cat post was covered here yesterday. IMO he is credible even if he isn't 100% right all the time. Certainly better than Frank the Tank. :)

The best line was "Notre Dame's appeal already grabs the New York City market without bringing in a weak sister such as Rutgers, as was previously floated.".

Dont they need a team in that market to put there BTN in it?

i already have all 5 b10 channels here in Manhattan.

i believe the PBC.

and if texas and nd get into the b10...good god there better be a way for the Orange to get into the acc.

and if they get into the acc, everyone who didnt want to go the 1st time, can no longer be a fan of Syracuse Athletics.

we didnt draw that line in the sand, we built a wall. See Ya!!!

:eek:

Dont they need a team in that market to put there BTN in it?

Of course not. I am outside Boston and have received BTN since its inception.

If true, which I doubt, The B10 would be set at 14, no need to get bigger(although Mizz and UMD could bring more market bucks). IMO, ND would be a consistant mid-pack finisher at both FB and BB in this conference. Their nationwide fanbase will still turn out big and tune into the TV, no matter what, which is the object of inclusion for the B10. The statement about the NYC audience is probably true, especially compared to RU. Texas, IMO, would be a top eschelon program, year in and year out. No matter how much the fanbase and politicians complain about this move(culturally/regionally), it would be the ultimate win-win-win for UT(financially/academically/competitively). The linchpin would be UT keeping their Longhorn Net and reeping ridiculous revenues for years to come. This 14 school allignment would probably bode well for the BE and ACC, too. All 5 BCS conferences could wind up at 12(ACC/BE) or 14(PAC/B10/SEC) w/o significant raiding, excluding the soon to be extinct B12. Like everything else with re-allignment right now, stay tuned, it's bound to change or never materialize.

When people are talking about the BTN getting in a certain market, they're talking about basic cable. In NY, you have to subscribe to digital cable and the sports package to get BTN...I'm sure it's the same in other non B1G states. A lot of people still have basic cable or just digital cable with no add-ons. Remember the uproar when SU played tPSU on BTN? Only the real sports addicts like us have digital cable and the sports package.