Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

"Pay for play" is coming. There are a bunch of states that have passed laws mandating revenue sharing with the players that will serve as a catalyst. No more than roughly 30 schools will be allowed to do it. Most will be from the P5 and a number will come from outside it (like UCF and USF). I posted on our board that the core of our future conference when that happens is going to be UVa, Duke, Wake, Ga Tech, Tulane, Vandy, and possibly Rice. I left UNC out because I have absolutely no idea which path your administration would choose. I also think it will be "all or nothing"; you must choose a single path that will apply to both football and basketball.
I too fear that this is coming.

I think that the only way to slow it significantly, which would provide a chance to prevent it, is Notre Dame going full football in the ACC and publicly stressing that because the ACC is the last Major conference to have multiple private schools, as well as smaller state schools, the ACC thriving as a Major conference for football is the only surety that Major College football is not yet a Professional League.

But my fear about Notre Dame is that a growing number of its football boosters are itching to whore to the highest bidder the split second that it looks like the ACC is faltering in the face of the onslaught.

This thread is dead.
1628285642478.png

Thread's dead, baby.

Thread's dead.

Does this surprise anyone that ND is not in favor of an 8-team playoff.

An 8-team playoff with 5 auto-bids (to conference championship game winners) is really the same as a 13-team playoff.

Personally, a 6-team playoff with 5 auto-bids is fine as well. It would essentially be an 11-team playoff. Give the top 2 seeds a first round bye.

Why would they if they get a vote.

I still don't understand why they get a vote or how much weight that vote holds.

Yeah I don’t understand why an independent team has a say and vote that impacts so many other teams/conferences. It’s so backwards

Ah, so have your cake and eat it too. This is the exact reason why ND shouldn't even have a voice at the table.
Maybe, but it is, what it is, and it is (that is a lot of it is) agreed upon that we have an equal voice.

Until everyone decides you don't.
Yeah, and they could do that but it will not effect us in anyway. We will still have access because the G-5 and the SEC (at-large) will demand access. This is why we are partnering with the SEC so much.

Yeah, and they could do that but it will not effect us in anyway. We will still have access because the G-5 and the SEC (at-large) will demand access. This is why we are partnering with the SEC so much.
Yeah, no. Lol.

Throw in the with the SEC and you'll end up hog tied and cooked up lol. They'll use ND as leverage and then run you over, per usual.

What? I have no issue with BYU or Army competing. How about no auto's and no ND and we can just leave it at that.
That works for me .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom