Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

It is. The GOR is solid. Runs through 2035. TX and Oklahoma are in a different situation. They are within a window. Based on current payouts any team leaving the ACC would owe close to or over 500 million.
14 years × 30 million.
In addition ND is contractually obligated to join the ACC through 2035.
The ACC is in excellent shape.
As long as there is a huge disparity in payouts, the ACC should be looking over its shoulder.

Our history is great however in the Twitter social media age kids don’t have a clue for the most part. Plus there isn’t much talent in our backyard which allows us to easily restock every year. We have to go hundreds of miles to get talent into our school. If we had the talent that Pittsburgh had in their backyard Syracuse football would be better off because I believe we finally have a coach who knows how to use talent the problem is just getting the talent into the school. Syracuse has had a major talent deficiency the last 10 years plus. Coach P didn’t have the facilities to compete with the big boys and he was doing a good job and the reason why we stalled out was because those facilities sucked. If Syracuse wants to be a football player they have to spend in a lot of sane amount of money and upgrade everything. I don’t expect us to do that. As only really the teams that have the donors can do that. Realignment is all Making money.

I just want Notre Dame to be put in their place. The Big Ten or another conference enough is enough. The SEC doesn’t give a crap about Notre Dame
We should have built a stadium at the fairgrounds, there was talk of a 65,000 seat stadium. But Jake was determined to have it on campus for the students. Being stupid 40 years ago, put the University in this position.

The ACC can't make themselves more attractive to ND without more TV money.

But they can't get more TV money without a commitment from ND.
thats the chicken or the egg

As long as there is a huge disparity in payouts, the ACC should be looking over its shoulder.
the sec will always be a cut above the rest , its staying close enough to big ten for acc and pac 12

Our history is great however in the Twitter social media age kids don’t have a clue for the most part. Plus there isn’t much talent in our backyard which allows us to easily restock every year. We have to go hundreds of miles to get talent into our school. If we had the talent that Pittsburgh had in their backyard Syracuse football would be better off because I believe we finally have a coach who knows how to use talent the problem is just getting the talent into the school. Syracuse has had a major talent deficiency the last 10 years plus. Coach P didn’t have the facilities to compete with the big boys and he was doing a good job and the reason why we stalled out was because those facilities sucked. If Syracuse wants to be a football player they have to spend in a lot of sane amount of money and upgrade everything. I don’t expect us to do that. As only really the teams that have the donors can do that. Realignment is all Making money.

I just want Notre Dame to be put in their place. The Big Ten or another conference enough is enough. The SEC doesn’t give a crap about Notre Dame

I don't think most kids have a clue on most things. Hell, one highly ranked recruit reacting to the Texas news already thought Texas was in the SEC. Yeah, kids know the names, but don't know much about the schools or history other than who won the last championship or two.

65,000 is not a realistic figure for the SU fan base.
At the fairgrounds with all the parking and easy access it would have. The majority of the fans come from outside of the city.

ND fans who want independence at all cost don’t care about partnership and giving up a little.

The Irish fans deserve the Big Ten.
If Syracuse received a Big Ten offer today, would it accept the offer or stay and "partner" with the ACC and "give up a little", even if that meant being relegated to a second tier in a possible seismic realignment?

If Florida State and/or Clemson received an SEC invitation, would you expect them to turn it down to stay in the ACC for tens of millions less ?

Would you expect them to "partner" and "give up a little" instead of joining the SEC ?

You and I and everyone else knows the answer.

Any school with a much better $$$ offer will take it.

None will worry much about "partnership". Did Texas and Oklahoma do this?

Every school who has changed conferences in the past decade did so for more cash and status.

Those moves just seem to be accepted and understood as just the way it is.

So, why is ND looked at differently if it decides to do the same?

I am not saying that ND to the Big Ten is likely or probable. I strongly hope not.

I want the status quo, but these changes may mean that is unlikely.

(Blame the SEC and Texas/Oklahoma for this upheaval, not ND)

ND has some history of doing unexpected moves without advance warning.

(recall the 2012 ACC/ND announcement)

My only point is that ACC fans should not just assume that if ND had to join a conference that it would be the ACC.

If Syracuse received a Big Ten offer today, would it accept the offer or stay and "partner" with the ACC and "give up a little", even if that meant being relegated to a second tier in a possible seismic realignment?

If Florida State and/or Clemson received an SEC invitation, would you expect them to turn it down to stay in the ACC for tens of millions less ?

Would you expect them to "partner" and "give up a little" instead of joining the SEC ?

Every school who has changed conferences in the past decade did so for more cash and status.

I am not saying that ND to the Big Ten is likely or probable. I strongly hope not.

My only point is that ACC fans should not just assume that if ND had to join a conference that it would be the ACC.
they cant join any conference but acc until 2036 unless they are willing o pay a massive buyout

they cant join any conference but acc until 2036 unless they are willing o pay a massive buyout
Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC even though it will cost them $76 million each to leave the Big 12.

When this much money is involved, existing contracts are speed bumps only.

Those are just details for the lawyers to work out.

Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC even though it will cost them $76 million each to leave the Big 12.

there agreement is up much sooner than acc

I don’t really care at this point I just want Notre Dame to have to join a conference I’m sick of them making this crap of playing the two conferences off each other like it’s a cold war. Enough is my position. ND should join the Big Ten that’s fine I actually prefer it to be honest with you.

Syracuse lacrosse gave up it independence to the benefit of Notre Dame years ago. Notre Dame always gets special treatment enough is enough.

We should have built a stadium at the fairgrounds, there was talk of a 65,000 seat stadium. But Jake was determined to have it on campus for the students. Being stupid 40 years ago, put the University in this position.
One of the Best things about SU football is the stadium on campus. It’s uniquely college.

if that is removed that will be a huge loss for the identify of the program.

He does not have such an assumption. He says that he feels ND fans deserve the Big Ten - which, as you know, is an insult.

Plus, the ACC only has 2-3 of our football games a year under the GOR. That would be a lot cheaper to buy out if needed. I do not want the Big 10 if it comes to that, but the GOR is just a speed bump to us if it is required.

Am I the only one that is a tad resentful of ND fans coming on here and let us know that they will s%}# on the ACC when the time comes. (We already know that ) I d rather they just thank us for bailing them out during Covid and move on.

Am I the only one that is a tad resentful of ND fans coming on here and let us know that they will s%}# on the ACC when the time comes. (We already know that ) I d rather they just thank us for bailing them out during Covid and move on.
Thank you, but we actually helped each other. If push comes to shove we will protect our own interest, just like Syracuse will protect their own. ND appreciates the ACC, just not enough to join in full. But we will see what happens in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom