Thamel gives some names | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

The thing with Chesney is that he has been recruiting all the big northeast schools already. The coaches know him. It would obviously be a huge step-up in terms of talent acquisition and athletes.
Exactly. And he is young, hungry, and upcoming. Not a coach on the way down that has nothing else to prove. Need a guy that is going to go above and beyond to land recruits and not just go through the motions.

Marrone left because of facilities and lack of commitment in the program. That’s changed in 10 years. We aren’t Bama but we’ve made strides in the right direction. And with NIL and the portal, it’s more like the pros.
Marrone left because his senior QB was graduating and he had no one in the bullpen.

From Thamels list I think I’d lean towards Bronco.
I keep thinking White, JW is a huge fan and unless there is some bidding war with someone, he is affordable and would enable us to spend more on his staff

I keep thinking White, JW is a huge fan and unless there is some bidding war with someone, he is affordable and would enable us to spend more on his staff

I wonder if he would he retain Rocky if he were the choice?

Uh no. Keen use of portal. I live here. These kids aren’t local. We have a better gig. Better league. Unique home environment We r the only game in town. perfect weather for 7 games. light up the dome make them defend the whole field.

He has 46 or so in state kids. I'm boring enough that I counted it up. Then tack on some Maryland recruits.

We can pay him a lot more, that's for sure.

Teryl Austin and Liam Cohen would scare me some. NFL guys primarily and it would be a big learning on the job with them in a transition to college. I know Liam has been at Kentucky on and off at some smaller schools early in his career but, not in a head coach capacity.

Was hoping the guy from Liberty would be on a short list

Tony White is intriguing if he can assemble a great offensive staff
Yeah besides his lack of HC experience he is an excellent candidate, with that caveat that you mention. Tony develops unheralded kids and we need that so badly, would need that on the offensive side obviously if he is hired

Teryl Austin and Liam Cohen would scare me some. NFL guys primarily and it would be a big learning on the job with them in a transition to college. I know Liam has been at Kentucky on and off at some smaller schools early in his career but, not in a head coach capacity.

Was hoping the guy from Liberty would be on a short list
Chadwell makes Dino money he isn’t coming here

I mentioned Manny Diaz before but if not him I would like to see a coordinator from a big program in this day and age when NIl an transfers get a guy who is around big time recruits who maybe just dont see the field at Ohio state or Notre Dame. We are going to have a mass exodus and going to have to hit the portal like no time before.

For all of us who aren't plugged in or with sources just look at the track record of the people saying White. For the most part, these are the same people who were saying AA for the basketball side when all of us were calling for a national search. So it looks like it will be White unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom