Thank You Adam Weitsman | Syracusefan.com

Thank You Adam Weitsman

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I appreciate all you have done for Upstate NY. Don't listen to the naysayers here and around town. I appreciate your donation of time and money. I appreciate your vision.

I love that you made Clover Restaurant in Skaneateles. A place where the entire community can get a great meal at a modest price.

I have mixed emotions about NIL and what it will do to college sports but I do appreciate you are choosing to help keep SU and possibly other schools relevant in these turbulent times through NIL. I know it can be infuriating to read people's criticism of how you spend your money. It is your money and you do what you want with it.

Your heart is in the right place.

Last edited:
I appreciate all you have done for Upstate NY. Don't listen to the naysayers here and around town. I appreciate your donation of time and money. I appreciate your vision.

I love that you made Clover Restaurant in Skaneateles. A place where the entire community go get a great meal at a modest price.

I have mixed emotions about NIL and what it will do to college sports but I do appreciate you are choosing to help keep SU and possibly other schools relevant in these turbulent times through NIL. I know it can be infuriating to read people's criticism of how you spend your money. It is your money and you do what you want with it.

9A979CD7-2FD3-4886-8CCC-92FD0B47BFE9.jpeg

I love that you made Clover Restaurant in Skaneateles. A place where the entire community go get a great meal at a modest price.

I love this post to the moon and back. I hear ya about NIL. Adam has even said that he isn't a huge fan of NIL. But it's the world we live in, and Adam is spending tons of time and money to help SU sports thrive. I know he's a wealthy guy and made mistakes in his past, but this dude is so genuine about doing good in CNY. He wants to mentor his NIL signees, and they're not marketing his businesses - they'll be doing charitable and civic things in the community. I love that.

I love this post to the moon and back. I hear ya about NIL. Adam has even said that he isn't a huge fan of NIL. But it's the world we live in, and Adam is spending tons of time and money to help SU sports thrive. I know he's a wealthy guy and made mistakes in his past, but this dude is so genuine about doing good in CNY. He wants to mentor his NIL signees, and they're not marketing his businesses - they'll be doing charitable and civic things in the community. I love that.
He truly is a very good person. He helped someone that i know in our community and did it quietly, does a ton quietly without fanfare. Good guy for sure.

SU should hoist his name to the rafters. Moving forward, he might have more impact on this program than anyone.

Legitimately, I don't know if this is snark or not.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm really asking.

He is currently the most important individual in SU athletics. Crazy to say, but prove me wrong. NIL is here and heavy and either step up or be left behind. Without him seriously where are we in our outlook? I hope this starts a snowball effect for the rare super wealthy that love cuse sports. We need them to win. I’m excited to see what happens here over the next few immediate years. Can this effort bring us up to where we expect to be as a program in regards to football and bball? I’m happy we have a shot, due to him and I’m sure some other less public donors for NIL.

You guys are nutty.

Since he's been around the program, what exactly has occurred that is "successful"? You guys sautee Boeheim and this is Jim's guy but this program will succeed or fail based on the coaching and the direction of the athletic director.

To be so effusive of a guy who is a booster is weird/SEC type stuff IMO. I appreciate him being so generous with his tickets courtside and having celebrities show up with him, but i haven't seen a huge uptick in SU Hoops.

Coaching will dictate our success ultimately. Any player who wants a bounty NIL wise is a 1 and done and to me those are wildcards

You guys are nutty.

Since he's been around the program, what exactly has occurred that is "successful"? You guys sautee Boeheim and this is Jim's guy but this program will succeed or fail based on the coaching and the direction of the athletic director.

To be so effusive of a guy who is a booster is weird/SEC type stuff IMO. I appreciate him being so generous with his tickets courtside and having celebrities show up with him, but i haven't seen a huge uptick in SU Hoops.

Coaching will dictate our success ultimately. Any player who wants a bounty NIL wise is a 1 and done and to me those are wildcards
I hate NIL but teams that don't have this type of thing (like a Weitsman) are doomed. Doesn't matter who is coaching.

"Any player who wants a bounty NIL wise is a 1 and done"

This is not true. All the players want an NIL deal now.

You guys are nutty.

Everyone is making money from NIL. Not just one and done players.

I can say with 100 percent certainty that NIL is being offered not just to 5-star, one-and-done players, but also to many 4-stars ranked much lower by recruiting services. It's happening everywhere. Adam W. told directly that Elijah Moore had multiple NIL offers.

I can say with 100 percent certainty that NIL is being offered not just to 5-star, one-and-done players, but also to many 4-stars ranked much lower by recruiting services. It's happening everywhere. Adam W. told directly that Elijah Moore had multiple NIL offers.

4 stars were getting paid under the table beforehand. They have on record as mid major guys getting bags for $50k before all of this. Quite literally, quoted in a documentary.

It's not that these guys are getting paid, it's how much we're paying to attract what talent, what's the ROI (hate saying that as cold as that sounds).

We'll see how it all plays out, but that's the story, imo. And then, obviously, how is that translating on the court and how it applies to JB's tenure.

This is no commentary on AW or what was paid to Elijah, I'm stoked for the kid.

4 stars were getting paid under the table beforehand. They have on record as mid major guys getting bags for $50k before all of this. Quite literally, quoted in a documentary.

It's not that these guys are getting paid, it's how much we're paying to attract what talent, what's the ROI (hate saying that as cold as that sounds).

We'll see how it all plays out, but that's the story, imo. And then, obviously, how is that translating on the court and how it applies to JB's tenure.

This is no commentary on AW or what was paid to Elijah, I'm stoked for the kid.
All fair points, my friend!

I wouldn't think Nil would be awarded to 1 and done players but players who stay 2 or 3 years maybe. Good nil for a 4 year player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom