Thank you Buffalo!!! | Syracusefan.com

Thank you Buffalo!!!

Kleb2424

Walk On
After Syracuse beat WV in the Pinstripe Bowl, I must admit, as happy as I was for that game, I was disappointed for the program. Through my perception Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett were extremely overrated. I still feel like Syracuse was a far better team than the record showed last year. However I was a little concerned about losing his recruiting class. It has been less than a month since they left and the 2013 class hasn't looked better. I do understand all the concerns of a new coaching staff and how it will all play out. With that said I couldn't be happier as a Syracuse fan right now.

On a side note- Syracuse needs to get Akeem Jones, is that even possible now that Cuse got Kimble? If Akeem Jones gets a true chance to play Div 1, he will be a premier QB. I like Kimble's game tape, but it does show that he is a far better runner than passer. His passing needs a lot of work to fix the inconsistencies. Akeem Jones is ready to step in now if needed, this is assuming Broyld will no longer be considered a QB.

According to other site (not sure how accurate), this weekend's visit list has been trimmed to three (Moore, Thomas and Spearman). IMO, they look our final target verbals if AE and Brown hold steady...

And Smith too, if he wants in??? Any more slots left?

In honor of Buffalo, I pledge to eat wings this Sunday.

I would like others to also make this pledge.

anchor-bar-buffalo-wings_jdtornow.jpg

After Syracuse beat WV in the Pinstripe Bowl, I must admit, as happy as I was for that game, I was disappointed for the program. Through my perception Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett were extremely overrated.

No kidding! Marrone had a simple job - take the worst BCS program in the country and make it national title contender in four years with limited resources. The fact that he couldn't do it is proof that he's an overrated bum!

After Syracuse beat WV in the Pinstripe Bowl, I must admit, as happy as I was for that game, I was disappointed for the program. Through my perception Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett were extremely overrated. I still feel like Syracuse was a far better team than the record showed last year. However I was a little concerned about losing his recruiting class. It has been less than a month since they left and the 2013 class hasn't looked better. I do understand all the concerns of a new coaching staff and how it will all play out. With that said I couldn't be happier as a Syracuse fan right now.

On a side note- Syracuse needs to get Akeem Jones, is that even possible now that Cuse got Kimble? If Akeem Jones gets a true chance to play Div 1, he will be a premier QB. I like Kimble's game tape, but it does show that he is a far better runner than passer. His passing needs a lot of work to fix the inconsistencies. Akeem Jones is ready to step in now if needed, this is assuming Broyld will no longer be considered a QB.
I too was blinded by the Marrone doctrine in part because when you follow a guy like GROB you look like Vince Lombardi incarnate. Of course I can see that now but my feeling now is a very honest "Doug who?" Psychology has alot to do with the way a person conveys a message. Doug was a drone in many respects.He is very sedate to inspire young kids.The new team has energy and a "hard nosed attitude".

smh.

:bang:

No kidding! Marrone had a simple job - take the worst BCS program in the country and make it national title contender in four years with limited resources. The fact that he couldn't do it is proof that he's an overrated bum!
orangenirvana, Today at 1:57 PM Report#4LikeReply

This sounds a bit sarcastic. But the truth is last years team could have gone undefeated with better in game coaching. With that said undefeated in the big east does not equal national title hopes. However it does equal better recruiting and more confidence among the program. In four years DM won half his games while making this program look inadequate at most times. DM has not even been gone for a month and the program has already been enhanced.

orangenirvana, Today at 1:57 PM Report#4LikeReply

This sounds a bit sarcastic. But the truth is last years team could have gone undefeated with better in game coaching. With that said undefeated in the big east does not equal national title hopes. However it does equal better recruiting and more confidence among the program. In four years DM won half his games while making this program look inadequate at most times. DM has not even been gone for a month and the program has already been enhanced.

You have got to be kidding.

I don't agree with that stuff at all. I'm hopeful the new guys will do great, but if given a choice, I'd rather have Marrone and staff still here even if I give Marrone crap sometimes. As to Jones...ehh. That ship sailed and we were more interested in others.

Doug Marrone brought Syracuse Football back. If you watched any GROB games v. WVU and then watched the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl it would blow your mind how different the SU teams look and play.

Doug Marrone is an excellent coach and in my opinion is better suited to be an NFL coach.

I thank him for what he has done for the alma mater.

According to other site (not sure how accurate), this weekend's visit list has been trimmed to three (Moore, Thomas and Spearman). IMO, they look our final target verbals if AE and Brown hold steady...

And Smith too, if he wants in??? Any more slots left?
I'd take that, Moore, Thomas and Spearman! Smith may be waiting too long, IMO.

Doug Marrone brought Syracuse Football back. If you watched any GROB games v. WVU and then watched the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl it would blow your mind how different the SU teams look and play.

Doug Marrone is an excellent coach and in my opinion is better suited to be an NFL coach.

I thank him for what he has done for the alma mater.

In DM's defense, yes. He brought a program back from the dead. Was he fully invested at SU is another question, as IMO, his agenda was clearly to get back to the NFL. I think it happened quicker then even he proposed, but as for his coaching, he was a B+ in my book. We clearly are a better team than our record, especially in the last 2 years. We should have been a 10-3 team this year. Where he lacked is in recruiting top talent, and that is not to say he didn't recognize it, for thet he did, but he was not very good at procurring it to take the program to the next level. Lets face it, he was in the NFL as a player, he coached under Payton, and you become accustomed to coaching pro athletes, and being around them. Then you go to the college level and you have to deal with post HS kids who quite frankly know evreything these days, along with all the problems and headaches that go along with it, well it takes a special type person that wants to deal with that. Not all can, or maybe want to. I am not sure he was building the bridges he needed too in the recruiting world, winning is just part of it. You have to form those trusting relationships with HS Coaches, families, as well as the kids who are potential players. Guess we'll never know for sure, as I don't see DM coming back to college to coach. The pro's is where he belongs.

I think I've been good to this point. Not really worth argueing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DM will be lucky if he makes it 3 years in Buffalo. But I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses why he didn't get it done there. It's the same with every football team today. The coach gets a free pass when he loses. The fans and media blame it on the players, limited resources, and many other excuses, but the fact remains, winning games is the job of a head coach, getting what talent you have to play at their best. DM might have looked like a God after GRob's embarrassing effort, but he wasn't. DM lacked the ability to win games on a consistent basis. That to me is not a good coach, he is average at best.

And as far as Akeem Jones is concerned, it's a huge loss not getting him. He is the best prospect at QB we had a chance to get. I just hope Kimble gets his passing together.

I don't agree with that stuff at all. I'm hopeful the new guys will do great, but if given a choice, I'd rather have Marrone and staff still here even if I give Marrone crap sometimes. As to Jones...ehh. That ship sailed and we were more interested in others.
If I remember correctly, prior to the new HC being named, you posted that Scott Shafer wasn't head coach material. I guess you haven't changed your mind.

And as far as Akeem Jones is concerned, it's a huge loss not getting him. He is the best prospect at QB we had a chance to get. I just hope Kimble gets his passing together.
According to who?

According to me, the best unknown scout out there. My track record proves to me I know what I'm talking about. I don't need reassurance from others. I know the game of football, I understand psychology, and my life has and still is devoted to scouting football. With that said Akeem Jones has the tools to be a star at QB. As much as I wish I could say the same for Kimble, I just cannot do that right now. Of course he can improve, but he is not as ready as Jones right now.

DM will be lucky if he makes it 3 years in Buffalo. But I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses why he didn't get it done there. It's the same with every football team today. The coach gets a free pass when he loses. The fans and media blame it on the players, limited resources, and many other excuses, but the fact remains, winning games is the job of a head coach, getting what talent you have to play at their best. DM might have looked like a God after GRob's embarrassing effort, but he wasn't. DM lacked the ability to win games on a consistent basis. That to me is not a good coach, he is average at best.

Not only is your post count lacking but apparently you just started following SU FB the 2nd half of this season. The fans, media, and most importantly this board blamed DM and Hackett a sh!tload about everything. I'm not implying none of the criticism wasn't called for, just stating an obvious fact for anyone who has followed this program in the last 4 years. You seem to have just jumped on the bandwagon.

If Doug goes into Buffalo and treats these pros like he did the Syracuse players ,he will lose them inside 5 minutes. Its entirely possible because the man is nothing if not stubborn. I don't wish the man failure but I might laugh a bit if he comes up short after what he must know about the consequences of his actions back in his "dream job".

My guess Syracuse.com troll or hapworth or mdb80

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

According to me, the best unknown out there. My track record proves to me I know what I'm talking about. I don't need reassurance from others. I know the game of football, I understand psychology, and my life has and still is devoted to scouting football. With that said Akeem Jones has the tools to be a star at QB. As much as I wish I could say the same for Kimble, I just cannot do that right now. Of course he can improve, but he is not as ready as Jones right now.

Would you mind disclosing what level you professionally scout? I am not trying to be disrespectful, just curious.

Psychologically, your track record will certainly add to your own sense of self worth, but unless your "record" is made public, it limits the ability of others to judge your ability to judge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom