Thanks for Dino, Coyle | Syracusefan.com

Thanks for Dino, Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The su clemson game will be crowded

Yeah, I think that one could push a sellout.

I’d think we’ll have a good chance to be a preseason top 25 team and a good chance to start the season strong before that game. Clemson always brings a good crowd too.

We got 48,000+ for them in 2013 when coming off a pretty good season. I think we could top that this time.

Yeah, I think that one could push a sellout.

I’d think we’ll have a good chance to be a preseason top 25 team and a good chance to start the season strong before that game. Clemson always brings a good crowd too.

We got 48,000+ for them in 2013 when coming off a pretty good season. I think we could top that this time.

...and let there be GameDay.

We never seem to play well when GameDay is in discussion. It would be great but I want a win over GameDay.

Sure. A good time to get that monkey off the back.

We never seem to play well when GameDay is in discussion. It would be great but I want a win over GameDay.

1543002629055.jpeg

Dont ever reduce the dome. If Syracuse was regularly winning there could be a couple sellouts a year. Years and years of horrible football have killed off the fan base. Look how many people show up to winning basketball in white out, blizzard conditions.

The su clemson game will be crowded

Assuming the AD doesn't overprice it.

We are charging 75+ fees on ticketmaster to sit in the opposite end zone for Duke. Most have been pink dotted out to scalpers (likely at a huge discount so they don't have to sell all of them for 75 plus fees) so it should be close to full way out there but that kind of pricing won't fly for football IMO. The only basketball game of the year which a lot of our fans want to attend is a different situation.

If they try to charge 70+ fees for nosebleeds we won't crack 40k. Curious to see what they decide on.

Assuming the AD doesn't overprice it.

We are charging 75+ fees on ticketmaster to sit in the opposite end zone for Duke. Most have been pink dotted out to scalpers (likely at a huge discount so they don't have to sell all of them for 75 plus fees) so it should be close to full way out there but that kind of pricing won't fly for football IMO. The only basketball game of the year which a lot of our fans want to attend is a different situation.

If they try to charge 70+ fees for nosebleeds we won't crack 40k. Curious to see what they decide on.
C'Mon man, then people would be stupid to not go buy football seasons in the nosebleeds for $125 and sell the remaining games if they don't want to attend all the others.

C'Mon man, then people would be stupid to not go buy football seasons in the nosebleeds for $125 and sell the remaining games if they don't want to attend all the others.

Easier said than done.

WMU, HC, BC, Pitt, Wake are only going to net you so much on resale sites and thats a lot of hassle.

I just want it full as in every single ticket sold and it will be if its 40 or 50 to get in the door for Clemson.

Dont ever reduce the dome. If Syracuse was regularly winning there could be a couple sellouts a year. Years and years of horrible football have killed off the fan base. Look how many people show up to winning basketball in white out, blizzard conditions.

How is having one sellout a year better than six? Dome is too big for football. Always has been.

Place needs seats and eliminate the marginal obstructed views. Nothing wrong with that

How is having one sellout a year better than six? Dome is too big for football. Always has been.

Nothings going to chance the fact that only 25-30k people will ever come to see us play an FCS team but that is still a good crowd and more than most hoop games. Its nice to be able to get 50k when its Clemson.

If NC St had been Miami its full. If Ville had been NC St its full. Both looked good on TV. I think the Dome is sized perfectly. Its only too big if yo have a garbage coach like Grob.

I'd try and add 800 seats somewhere so we are officially over 50k when we do sell it out. 50,050 would be a good number.

I don’t think it was in the 90s. I don’t care by what technicality those games weren’t officially “sellouts”, a good number of those games were absolutely packed. And the ones that weren’t were close enough.

Under the current climate where less and less people go to live sporting events though, we probably can’t get back to that even if we have the same level of success.

Coyle is an idiot for leaving.....esp so quickly

Yea he hired Dino but Minnesota seriously?

Sorry don’t like the guy.

What do you mean? What are you speaking of?
I'm talking about the dome and the hundreds of comments about how cny and the Syracuse fanbase is too small for sellouts of 49,000 all over this site for the last 5 years. When there's only 6 games a year. Sorry I didn't clarify. I think that's a joke. There's only 6 games a year. Sorry not sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.