That late hit penalty on Lyn vs NU | Syracusefan.com

That late hit penalty on Lyn vs NU

Rocco

Watching you.
Hurts even more now. The asshat who threw that flag was out of his mind.

Sorry about the rant, just keep thinking about that call since then.

Such a way to start the season. Proud of the kids for responding like they have all year.

I'll tell you what Lyn came up huge against Mizzou ... that goalline stand where he swatted the ball away from Beckham looms real large ... tremendous play in 1 on 1 coverage on an island against the top WR recruit in the nation last year.

Don't forget the fumble calls in the Cincinnati game. SU was oh so close to being at least 9-3 this year and ranked in the top 25. The schedule was just ridiculous with 11 BCS opponents and only 5 home games. Gross should be shot for this schedule. This teams record is fantastic considering how challenging it was. Kudos to our fantastic coaching staff

There is no other way to say that I am using "excuses", but I really don't care. SU has more than their fair share of monumental calls go against them this year.

With that being said, can't wait to get out of this ing conference after Friday. Adios Big East!

There is no other way to say that I am using "excuses", but I really don't care. SU has more than their fair share of monumental calls go against them this year.

With that being said, can't wait to get out of this ******* conference after Friday. Adios Big East!

Ironic since it was a big 10 ref that made that call!

I agree, I can't wait to leave this debacle of a conference.

With that being said, can't wait to get out of this ******* conference after Friday. Adios Big East!

Good grief too many bad calls to count ... blown Rene fumble call ... blown Cincy fumble call ... multiple blatant missed penalties ... I've never seen anything like it.

Get over it - it was clearly a penalty. Besides I didn't hear complaints about the Toledo PAT call. Smith not picking up the backwards pass is the cause of losing the game. The penalty might not have mattered if not called but the TD from that TO is historical fact.

Get over it - it was clearly a penalty. Besides I didn't hear complaints about the Toledo PAT call. Smith not picking up the backwards pass is the cause of losing the game. The penalty might not have mattered if not called but the TD from that TO is historical fact.

Saw some pros in the Atlanta/Arizona leave the ball on the ground as well and somebody finally figured it out and picked it up and ran for a td.

Yeah, SU had their chances that game and hurts to see what could have been...at least the kids have improved and learned from the NW game especially the punt defense.

I was not a penalty. The QB was still in bounds when contact was made.

I think the amount of calls that have gone against Syracuse this year has more than made up for the Toledo PAT call. Steve Rene's phantom fumble and Cincinnati's non-fumble come to mind.

Hurts even more now. The asshat who threw that flag was out of his mind.

Sorry about the rant, just keep thinking about that call since then.

Such a **** way to start the season. Proud of the kids for responding like they have all year.

All the missed opportunities this season...

That call, the blocked fg vs rutgers going from 10-7 us to 14-7 them, the clear fumble vs cincy, the dropped pick 6 vs cincy.

the inept offense at minnesota doesnt belong up there, but still deserves a mention.

i agree on the 'get over it' part - but it clearly was not a late hit. I dont think thats a question. the guy had 2 feet in bounds when the contact occurred.

You didn't? There were people on this board saying we should forfeit and give the win to Toledo.

i agree on the 'get over it' part - but it clearly was not a late hit. I dont think thats a question. the guy had 2 feet in bounds when the contact occurred.
No, he clearly did not.

539227_3132701656162_521245475_n.jpg

I don't know. We had a lot of close games this season. We did pretty well winning them overall.

No, he clearly did not.

Contact started in bounds - with two feet in bounds, they are running full speed and at this moment the kid falls down and a late hit is called. It was not a late hit.

Don't forget the fumble calls in the Cincinnati game. SU was oh so close to being at least 9-3 this year and ranked in the top 25. The schedule was just ridiculous with 11 BCS opponents and only 5 home games. Gross should be shot for this schedule. This teams record is fantastic considering how challenging it was. Kudos to our fantastic coaching staff

Gross should be shot for the schedule? Why? Because it wasn't Rutgers? Which year was more successful to date, 2010 or this year? In 2010 2 of our wins were against Maine and Colgate. The other wins were USF, WVU, Rutgers, Cincy, Kansas State, and Akron. This year, only one FBS win. The other wins? Pitt, UCONN, USF, Louisville, and Mizzou. 2010 was 5 wins against AQ conference schools. This year its already 5 wins against AQ schools. There was an article in the PS about playing that game in Columbia and having to deal with the initial shock of the culture down there- loud fans, night game, SEC atmosphere. That experience, especially for the underclassman, is invaluable for when they have to play at Death Valley or Doak Campbell in the coming years. Rutgers plays a crappy schedule and look at where that has gotten them. If your end goal is a National Championship or atleast discussion in the NC race (Kansas State was in it until this past weekend so it is not impossible) and you play in the Northeast, to get any kind of respect I think we will have to continue to play games like this. Of course, later on it would be a home and home. But TGD and Sue Edson had to make due with what they had after TCU bolted. Its not like the Sunbeast was going to help us out. For the record, I would much rather play Mizzou on the road then Colgate at home. It may not always be a better outcome for the year, but I think its a better experience for the program.

No, he clearly did not.

Worrying about referee calls is a waste of time.

Whether the NW call was bad or not, Lyn should not have been near the guy.

And focusing on one bad call against Cincy, when the Bearcats ran the ball up and down the field all day is pointless.

We should have beaten NW - on the field.

We were not beaten by the refs in the Cincy game or the Rutgers game.

hard to say that two blown replay fumble calls did not have a big effect on the games , those calls were not heat of the moment , live action mistakes.

You are being rational, I am not. I am still pissed.

Who knows what would've happened had NU not gotten that free first down. Your photoshop is after he hit him inbounds BTW.

Worrying about referee calls is a waste of time.

Whether the NW call was bad or not, Lyn should not have been near the guy.

And focusing on one bad call against Cincy, when the Bearcats ran the ball up and down the field all day is pointless.

We should have beaten NW - on the field.

We were not beaten by the refs in the Cincy game or the Rutgers game.

i blame the cincy game more on the dropped pick 6 and the rutgers on the blocked fg.

but the cincy fumble was atrocious. they used replay. it literally has to be considered at least a tie for the worst call of all time because of that.

It also didn't help playing that Northwestern game without Lemon or Pugh. Of course these usually even themselves out over the course of the year, but obviously missing those two is a major loss.

i blame the cincy game more on the dropped pick 6 and the rutgers on the blocked fg.

but the cincy fumble was atrocious. they used replay. it literally has to be considered at least a tie for the worst call of all time because of that.

The dropped pick six hurt a lot. But we still had the lead at that point. We just could not stop the Bearcats.

The blocked FG was not a real surprise - Rutgers does that a lot. And Rutgers really pushed us around that day. We didn't deserve to win that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom