That might be the last Midnight Madness | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That might be the last Midnight Madness

We probably should have done sack races instead of a rap concert.

So many things 'wrong' with this thinking. Just to start:
- What's a "regular" SU fan?
- By this 'logic,' we also shouldn't let "suburban people" anywhere near suburban kids, because all they do is murder and dismember Denver schoolgirls.
- With such a loose definition of "inner-city trash," it's a wonder you are able to find interest in basketball.

Pretty sure he was referring to people who regularly attend basketball games, and from all accounts, this was anything but a regular crowd. Heaven forbid you call it for what it is. Good to see the PC police out in full force.

Think of it as a marketing opportunity...

I survived Orange Madness at The Carrier Dome and all I got was this T shirt

Or

Usually the only crime that occurs at The Dome involves a beat down of The Hoyas

SUOrange44

Yes..because only "inner city trash" acts out at sporting events.
Maybe they should emulate those soccer crowds in Europe, or hockey fans in Vancouver who're always so well behaved...yeah, that's the ticket. Can't let the (ahem "Black"), I mean "inner-city trash" anywhere near polite sporting society. :rolleyes:

Vancouver = a city. Vancouver hockey fans that riot are probably inner city trash as well. Hell I support Liverpool FC and the hooligans from Merseyside council houses are also inner city trash. Rangers vs Celtic... hey Glasgow is a City too!

You apperently lost track of that with being so focused on skin color though. So good job on that.

Couldnt we have just saved the stabbings for the Georgetown game?

I can tell you for a fact that this was not your typical crowd. At least 25%, from what i could tell in the concourses, looked like guys you would see hanging out on any shady South Side street corner.

I feel bad for the families that were there, particularly the ones who probably couldn't have gone if it was a pay event. These gang punks probably ruined this event for them going forward. So much for the generosity of the university. Way to repay it, townie trash.

Does anyone know I'd the SPD has cut back patrols in the area? How is the relationship with the city of Syracuse and the university?

Vancouver = a city. Vancouver hockey fans that riot are probably inner city trash as well. Hell I support Liverpool FC and the hooligans from Merseyside council houses are also inner city trash. Rangers vs Celtic... hey Glasgow is a City too!

You apperently lost track of that with being so focused on skin color though. So good job on that.

Oh, puhleeze.
All due respect but "inner-city trash" is code for Black...so let's not kid ourselves.
If I were to say "trailer trash", are you suggesting I could be talking about Mexicans? Seriously?
Let's not be naive- better that than putting one's head in the sand and not being real.
It was a sketchy comment that needed to be called out. JMHO

Oh, puhleeze.
All due respect but "inner-city trash" is code for Black...so let's not kid ourselves.
If I were to say "trailer trash", are you suggesting I'd be talking about Blacks or Mexicans?
Let's not be naive- better that than putting one's head in the sand and not being real.

If it is what it is, why is it sketchy and why does it need to be called out? If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck.

Pretty sure he was referring to people who regularly attend basketball games, and from all accounts, this was anything but a regular crowd. Heaven forbid you call it for what it is. Good to see the PC police out in full force.

Bingo god forbid you make any sort of comment when something like ths happens the PC police jump down your throat. I have attended many football and basketball games with all sorts of different types of people with absolutely zero issues.

Does anyone know I'd the SPD has cut back patrols in the area? How is the relationship with the city of Syracuse and the university?

It was suppose be beefed up due to a sharp rise in fights and violence on and near campus. There was another stabbing near campus a bit ago and there are rumors about gang initiations.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If it is what it is, why is it sketchy and why does it need to be called out? If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck.

Careful you might get Reverend Al posting here soon.

Not to belabor this any more than I have to, but it was sketchy in its use of coded language.
One can express a certain POV without necessarily being straightforward, or using blunt language.
That tends to make it more disingenuous, IMO, hence the desire on my part to want to "call it out".
You wanna say "black thugs caused trouble at the Dome", then do so.
None of this bogus "inner-city" trash (wink wink) BS.

Oh, puhleeze.
If I were to say "trailer trash", are you suggesting I'd be talking about Blacks or Mexicans?

Maybe I'm just naive for just not immediately seeing racism implied and assuming that:noidea: Suppose i don't look for it either though.

Just caught me as funny that you called out Vancouver and European soccer cities where crowds are prodominately white but have the exact same types issues and then still saw it as implied code for issues with black people only.

you can take the trash out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the trash.

Not to belabor this any more than I have to, but it was sketchy in its use of coded language.
One can express a certain POV without necessarily being straightforward, or using blunt language.
That tends to make it more disingenuous, IMO, hence the desire on my part to want to "call it out".

I see where you're coming from and agree.

Maybe I'm just naive for just not immediately seeing racism implied and assuming that:noidea: Suppose i don't look for it either though.

Just caught me as funny that you called out Vancouver and European soccer cities where crowds are prodominately white but have the exact same types issues and then still saw it as implied code for issues with black people only.

Which was exactly my point.
I have yet to see those rioters be called "inner-city trash". "Hooligans", absolutely..."Ultras", most definitely.
Yet, the troublemakers last night were specifically "inner-city" trash?
Got it.

Great priorities from the people that run the dome. You stand up or cheer too loud, ushers all over your ass. Want to get in a major brawl and stab somebody...go right ahead.

So you're saying that ushers approve of brawls and stabbings? Is this a logical thought?

Oh, puhleeze.
If I were to say "trailer trash", are you suggesting I could be talking about Mexicans? Seriously?

Why not call it for what it is? I was there. I saw these small groups of guys in their late teens and early 20's. They were definitely not students, dressed like they were bangers, and yes, they were black. It's not profiling or racism. It's what many of us saw with our own eyes. I don't know anything about the stabbing or who they were or what color. All I can tell you is that these small groups of guys I saw walking around were not the types that I see when I go to regular games.

Which was exactly my point.
I have yet to see those rioters be called "inner-city trash". "Hooligans", absolutely..."Ultras", most definitely.
Yet, the troublemakers last night were specifically "inner-city" trash?
Got it.

Jesus sorry we didnt go to the DoctorBombay school of criminal labeling. Have you followed the story on syracuse.com and WSYR.com? Its clear who was involved and the reporters are indicating it was gang related, the people involved last night were very much inner city thugs who cares what they call rioters in vancouver.

Jesus sorry we didnt go to the DoctorBombay school of criminal labeling. Have you followed the story on syracuse.com and WSYR.com? Its clear who was involved and the reporters are indicating it was gang related, the people involved last night were very much inner city thugs who cares what they call rioters in vancouver.
Dude, you didn't say "Black". You said "inner-city" trash.
Obviously, most everyone knew what you were referring to...so why not just say it?
My issue is with your perceived attempt to sugarcoat the OBVIOUS, doing a PC-inspired coded dance, instead of simply calling it what it was. If it was "clear who was involved", then where does the "inner-city" nonsense come from? What does their geographical location have to do with anything, other than to paint a picture without being upfront?
Its a stereotypical, coded description thats full of politically correct nuance. Again, JMHO.

Sketchy coded language? What is this MSNBC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom