That terrible Double Dribble call | Syracusefan.com

That terrible Double Dribble call

What about where frank shoved a dude to the ground ... no T called.. then the dude comes back at frank like anyone would .. resulting in a double T and their guy with 4 fouls headed to the bench ?

Was that biased against us ?

What about where frank shoved a dude to the ground ... no T called.. then the dude comes back at frank like anyone would .. resulting in a double T and their guy with 4 fouls headed to the bench ?

Was that biased against us ?
if you changed the jerseys on that call this board would lose it.

Again overall refereeing was poor, but there were poor calls both ways and we probably got the greater benefit of the ineptitude. That said, nothing wrong with calling out and discussing the bad calls.

The travels on Dolezaj were terrible. The inconsistent calls with regard to contact in the lane were terrible. The double dribble call was technically correct if you stretch your interpretation of what you saw happen, some calls just shouldn't be made because they are not game affecting or egregious violations of the particular rule.

if i was game planning against syracuse first thing i'd tell my guards is that if we draw 10 fouls on their guards this game is over.

Again overall refereeing was poor, but there were poor calls both ways and we probably got the greater benefit of the ineptitude. That said, nothing wrong with calling out and discussing the bad calls.

The travels on Dolezaj were terrible. The inconsistent calls with regard to contact in the lane were terrible. The double dribble call was technically correct if you stretch your interpretation of what you saw happen, some calls just shouldn't be made because they are not game affecting or egregious violations of the particular rule.
Basically the refs called a bad game. Some of these refs either aren't in proper position or just aren't good enough to interpret what is happening out there. Sometimes the action is too quick for them. And when both coaches are complaining then you know it's a problem.

the efs didn't cost us the game - we were in the double bonus half the second half. It was a double dribble and it wasn't a travel, but Yurt didn't go over MD's back, and Frank should have been assessed a foul on the scrum. Stripes are bad but they didn't cost us the game.

That double dribble action happens all the time and is likely the most disputed call in the pickup games I play. While stealing the ball, tossing to the ground to help recover it, pick it up and recover, then dribble. I don't know if it's technically a double dribble, but it sure looks like one.

Guys it was a double dribble

It absolutely was not a double-dribble. You are allowed to bobble a catch, establish possession, then dribble.

Happens all the time, nearly every game.

The reason we lost is we simply don't defend three-point shooters and that's a tragic problem, but we got no help from the stripes.

It absolutely was not a double-dribble. You are allowed to bobble a catch, establish possession, then dribble.

Happens all the time, nearly every game.

The reason we lost is we simply don't defend three-point shooters and that's a tragic problem, but we got no help from the stripes.

Yeah, except he didn't really bobble that catch. What he did was absolutely intentional. I'd love to have an actual ref take a look.

Just out of curiosity, who else thought they were going to call the travel on Oshae's up and under dunk off of the pass from Moyer? That was actually very close to being a travel. Had to watch it a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom