That was an historically bad UCONN team... | Syracusefan.com

That was an historically bad UCONN team...

Jake

Mod
I have no idea what happened to our rival to our east, but there is no defending the product that Uconn is putting on the floor. No size, no direction, no fight.

Now I know why there putting 3800 people in the seats there. Calhoun had to be out of his mind watching in person last night.

They have to fire Ollie. HAVE TO. Very clear last night that his players have already tuned him out.

I'm pissed because it's taken the fun out of beating them. If Frank doesnt puke on his Nikes like he did last night, that would have been your run of the mill, no effort, 25 point blowout.

They have no size. None! How does that happen? There is no reason their recruiting should be this bad no matter what conference they're in.

I watched Rutgers hang with Mich. State last night. Pikiell has them moving in the right direction. They would definitely beat UCONN right now. If I were Uconn, he's the guy I'd go after, make your team better and wound a team that's stealing your recruits.

I have no idea what happened to our rival to our east, but there is no defending the product that Uconn is putting on the floor. No size, no direction, no fight.

Now I know why there putting 3800 people in the seats there. Calhoun had to be out of his mind watching in person last night.

They have to fire Ollie. HAVE TO. Very clear last night that his players have already tuned him out.

I'm pissed because it's taken the fun out of beating them. If Frank doesnt puke on his Nikes like he did last night, that would have been your run of the mill, no effort, 25 point blowout.

They have no size. None! How does that happen? There is no reason their recruiting should be this bad no matter what conference they're in.

I watched Rutgers hang with Mich. State last night. Pikiell has them moving in the right direction. They would definitely beat UCONN right now. If I were Uconn, he's the guy I'd go after, make your team better and wound a team that's stealing your recruits.

My first thought, I swear, was "would he take that job?"

In my mind it's not 100% that Uconn could coach-steal from Rutgers.

But yeah I agree that was a historically bad Uconn team and Kevin Ollie needs to go.

Pikiell: B1G > AAC. Does Yukon even have deep enough pockets for a guy like Pikiell now. They might have missed their window and might need a MAAC guy like Seton Hall did with Willard to regrow the program. Not sure a name guy would take that job as their revenue stream is currently very limited.

Last edited:
They are done - and will revert to what they were before Calhoun. He was/is a jerk but what Calhoun accomplished there is amazing and quite frankly continued the amazing run of the Big East to the end of the road. The arrogance of their fans makes me enjoy their fall, but what was accomplished there was truly unreal.

Why would a coach leave a P5 conference for something less?

UConn is a has been, once was like some of the rest of the teams in the AAC.

Frank just Franked.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate about Brissett not being that good, ol Kev.
It's not accurate for Moyer either. It least not last night.

They can’t fire Ollie without having the replacement lined up beforehand.
They aren’t going to get an elite up and comer.
They would need the Rutgers HC back channel to agree beforehand.
He would leave the wasteland that is Rutgers and 13-14th place in the Big Ten for UConn most likely.
Outside of him they aren’t any coaches out there who would want that job.
Conference realignment and Cooley at Providence have killed their BB program.

Kevin Ollie is the Larry Coker of college basketball coaches.
He rode his previous HC players to a NC and eroded that program slowly.

They need a B1G invite badly. Too bad their football program doesn't provide the B1G an incentive to do that.

That big guy of theirs seemed to be able to post up Paschal or whomever. They were just terribly undisciplined. They need that Gilbert dude to play. I saw some decent looking athletes but no cohesion. Adams looks like he is getting heavy.

I know we want to say the AAC/American will kill them, because we hate UCOnn... in fact I say it all the time,

But in reality it is not a terrible basketball conference (the issue is how spread it is and the lack of rivalry). But this year according to KenPom as of now you have 3 top 25 teams (Wichita St , Cincy and SMU) and two others in the Top 53 (Temple and Houston). There is no excuse for UConn being this bad. But there fans certainly do deserve it.

They need a B1G invite badly. Too bad their football program doesn't provide the B1G an incentive to do that.

What about their academics? Do they even qualify for the Big 10 in that regard? Based on their fans I would think not.

Why would a coach leave a P5 conference for something less?

UConn is a has been, once was like some of the rest of the teams in the AAC.

Will UCONN have the money to steal a P5 coach after this year? The Connecticut students/taxpayers are subsidizing the AD to the hilt even with Big East money. But that runs out this year, no? Or maybe they've already run through their BE bonanza?

What about their academics? Do they even qualify for the Big 10 in that regard? Based on their fans I would think not.

Tied for 56th according to USNWR. Syracuse is 61st.

Brissett would be the best player on UConn. (either that or right behind Adams)

I came into last night thinking we had the best player on the court in Battle, but Adams and Larrier were 2nd and 3rd. Brissett is definitely better than Larrier already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom