That was the most embarrassing game I can ever remember played inside the dome. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

That was the most embarrassing game I can ever remember played inside the dome.

This is being taken as fact but it's an exaggeration.

The Sporting News is the one publication that I can find that projects Duke to have 5 guys go in the 1st round, with one of them being the final pick of the round.

Every other mock draft or draft ranking I've looked at has 3 Dukies in the 1st. A few have 4.

Corey Alexander said it in the broadcast maybe based on the 1 Sporting News article, but I would not say that means Duke is projected to have 5 1st round draft picks.

It makes us feel better about yesterday, but it's an exaggeration.

ESPN (Givony) and SI also has all 5 in the first round and I’m sure there are others. I haven’t seen one with only 3. My comment was mainly based on Givony and had nothing to do with our game.

ESPN (Givony) and SI also has all 5 in the first round and I’m sure there are others. I haven’t seen one with only 3. My comment was mainly based on Givony and had nothing to do with our game.
Ooh nice humble brag about having ESPN insider access bees ;)

I may be completely off track in this thread but it seems everyone wants to talk about how good Duke and its projected first rounders are but our problem is how terrible we play. We were doubly exposed yesterday. The nonexistent defense from our starters glared early plus our terribly poor shooting quickly dug us a 31-9 lead in the first 8 minutes. It may have been embarrassing inside the dome but it was also pretty damn embarrassing watching on TV. Honestly. I could not give a damn about how good Duke is this year or any year. I am a Syracuse fan.

So JB will be back next year. It really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

It’s also looking like this will be JB’s first losing season, barring pulling off an upset over the next two weeks.

If I’m Wildhack I give JB an ultimatum. He has to make the NCAA tournament next year or it’s time to discuss his (forced) retirement. If JB truly doesn’t want to retire anytime soon, then he has to have some accountability for his performance. Maybe the fear of being sent out to pasture will light a fire under JB……….maybe?
I know JB appears younger than his age, but are we really talking about having an 80-year old coach and expecting anything but mediocrity?

They could lose in the first couple games of the NCAAT or they could win it all. That’s what’s great about the tournament. But my only point as I said in my first post is that their whole starting lineup is projected as 1st round picks. That’s some talent. But their negative is their youth.
Ironically, this makes the point about how far Cuse has fallen. The tournament (especially the first couple rounds) is so much a crapshoot based on seeding/matchup etc. Yet, all the Boeheim apologists point to the Cuse runs in the past few years that were so contingent on so many outside variables. 1 year they are a win by a fellow bubble team from not even making the tourny. 1 year MTSU dumps MSU in the first round. The things that JAB controls have been in free fall for years now. This is why I don't take a sweet 16 run beating SDSU and WVU as any sign of a successful program.

Banchero is a top 3 pick.
Griffin is probably late lottery to mid first.
Moore is probably a pick in the 20s.
Keels and Williams are borderline first round picks.

Its a good team but the Zion/Barrett/Reddish team was better. We beat that team and competed with them in the other game.

I don’t think this Duke team is that special. It’s a good team but I won’t expect them to make the final 4.
Like I will Gonzaga or Purdue.
Not as high on Auburn, I like Arkansas ans Kentucky more from the SEC.
According to most metrics this Duke team is about on par with our 2013 FF team so yes they are a FF contender, but like that Syracuse team they have some flaws. Overall 2013 Syracuse played a much tougher schedule.

They beat Gonzaga, Kentucky okay.

They aren’t an elite defensive team.
They are good but this Duke has a problem if they face a team with athleticism and can dribble drive.
Teams like Alabama or LSU second round could upset them and I wouldn’t be shocked one second.
Jim B agrees with me and says this is a great DUKE team one of the best he’s ever seen! On Jwill pod

Last edited:
Jim B agrees with me and says this is a great dude team one of the best he’s ever seen! On Jwill pod
JB said he knew this year’s SU would struggle when he never said that preseason.

This year’s Duke team is not even one of K’s top 10 teams.

JB said he knew this year’s SU would struggle when he never said that preseason.

This year’s Duke team is not even one of K’s top 10 teams.
Half of their teams in the last 7-8 years alone were more talented.

Not to mention the obvious 92, 01 teams. And then 91, 99, etc.

Jim B agrees with me and says this is a great dude team one of the best he’s ever seen! On Jwill pod

A great dude team?

1646370918480.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom