That was the most embarrassing game I can ever remember played inside the dome. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That was the most embarrassing game I can ever remember played inside the dome.

For me it was the NCAA tournament home game vs Navy and David Robinson for a long time. There were other games too but those games I had expectations.

This game I had no expectation, we were going to lose unless there was a miracle. It's a matter of losing by 5 or 25, so not as embarrassed. Just like it's not embarrassing for Colgate to be blown out by Syracuse back in the days.

I’ve seen Seton Hall, St Johns, UConn, Pitt and Georgetown handle us all different times over the years, but last night we didn’t belong on the same floor.

Last night Syracuse a top 10 program all time was non competitive from the tip in a nationally televised game. We had zero chance. We looked like a 16 seed playing a one. We were the Washington Generals.

Last night needs to be bottom. We cannot keep going on like this. We need a guard and 2 forwards in the portal if we are serious about running a serious basketball program. If this coach can’t do it then retire.

The only way anyone is going to be happy about anything here is if we get back to the top 25. That’s the expectation. Get it done or leave.
Good thing that you missed the Colgate game earlier this season.

Jim Boeheim is for Jim Boeheim, that’s always been the case. He’s going to retire when he feels like it, he knows the program is in trouble, I don’t think he loses a second of sleep over it.

DTheir whole starting lineup is projected to be 1st round picks. Not sure of their bench and the future.
I mean they are really good and light years ahead of us, but let’s not pretend this is some vintage duke juggernaut. We’ve beaten, in the past, much better duke teams than this . They’ve been at the bottom half of top 10 last 2 months.
5 nba 1st rounders ? They shouldn’t ever lose. I don’t see them head and shoulders above 1/2 dozen other contenders this year.

I mean they are really good and light years ahead of us, but let’s not pretend this is some vintage duke juggernaut. We’ve beaten, in the past, much better duke teams than this . They’ve been at the bottom half of top 10 last 2 months.
5 nba 1st rounders ? They shouldn’t ever lose. I don’t see them head and shoulders above 1/2 dozen other contenders this year.

Yes 5 first rounders. But they are young. I think those 5 include 3 freshman and a soph. Is this the days of boozer and others? No. But they are very good and beat 2 other top 10 teams. But they’ve lost 3 ACC games by a total of 4 pts.

But they’ve lost 3 ACC games by a total of 4 pts.

Considering the state of the ACC in 2022 this could actually be a mark against them.

As far as beating top 10 teams, they did beat two. But they also beat a TOTAL of two ranked teams. All year. The last of which was I believe three days after Thanksgiving.

They haven’t played a ranked team in three months. For an ACC team that is f@@&ing insane.

Which isn’t to say they aren’t good. But really, no one has a clue how good they REALLY are because they’ve been thriving in a trash conference.

Yes 5 first rounders. But they are young. I think those 5 include 3 freshman and a soph. Is this the days of boozer and others? No. But they are very good and beat 2 other top 10 teams. But they’ve lost 3 ACC games by a total of 4 pts.
In this years ACC that actually is probably 2 too many. However I personally think Duke will make a tourney run, they seem to be gathering steam at the right time. Title not so sure, but I’m sure the powers that be woujd love the K retirement story into final four.

So JB will be back next year. It really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

It’s also looking like this will be JB’s first losing season, barring pulling off an upset over the next two weeks.

If I’m Wildhack I give JB an ultimatum. He has to make the NCAA tournament next year or it’s time to discuss his (forced) retirement. If JB truly doesn’t want to retire anytime soon, then he has to have some accountability for his performance. Maybe the fear of being sent out to pasture will light a fire under JB……….maybe?
No, he needs to go NOW!

In this years ACC that actually is probably 2 too many. However I personally think Duke will make a tourney run, they seem to be gathering steam at the right time. Title not so sure, but I’m sure the powers that be woujd love the K retirement story into final four.

I could see them losing in the sweet sixteen to some 3-4 seed SEC team. But if it’s close yeah I’m sure Duke will “find a way.”

I could see them losing in the sweet sixteen to some 3-4 seed SEC team. But if it’s close yeah I’m sure Duke will “find a way.”
Arkansas or Tennessee would give them fits.

Considering the state of the ACC in 2022 this could actually be a mark against them.

As far as beating top 10 teams, they did beat two. But they also beat a TOTAL of two ranked teams. All year. The last of which was I believe three days after Thanksgiving.

They haven’t played a ranked team in three months. For an ACC team that is f@@&ing insane.

Which isn’t to say they aren’t good. But really, no one has a clue how good they REALLY are because they’ve been thriving in a trash conference.

They could lose in the first couple games of the NCAAT or they could win it all. That’s what’s great about the tournament. But my only point as I said in my first post is that their whole starting lineup is projected as 1st round picks. That’s some talent. But their negative is their youth.

Gun to my head I think they’ll make the F4. After that it’s a crap shoot.

I’ve seen Seton Hall, St Johns, UConn, Pitt and Georgetown handle us all different times over the years, but last night we didn’t belong on the same floor.

Last night Syracuse a top 10 program all time was non competitive from the tip in a nationally televised game. We had zero chance. We looked like a 16 seed playing a one. We were the Washington Generals.

Last night needs to be bottom. We cannot keep going on like this. We need a guard and 2 forwards in the portal if we are serious about running a serious basketball program. If this coach can’t do it then retire.

The only way anyone is going to be happy about anything here is if we get back to the top 25. That’s the expectation. Get it done or leave.
How about when Virginia shot 70%

How about when Virginia shot 70%
I remember I think we were leading at the half of that game and then the second half was like this Duke game first half.

Yesterday was worse than UVa IMO. As I don’t think Duke is that good as we made them look. That UVa team was smart.

Yesterday was the worst game ever at home IMO.
The DePaul 2006 game was the worst game ever IMo.

It’s one of their better ones
This Duke team lost at home to Virginia and Miami. Elite Coach K Duke teams don’t lose multiple games at home unranked mediocre teams.
They lost at Florida State.
It’s not even one of Coach K’s top 10 teams at Duke.

They can’t defend dribble drives. They look elite against us because we are iso based.

Duke is a good team but I see them going to the sweet 16 and then its just matchups.
I don’t think they are that great.

This Duke team lost at home to Virginia and Miami. Elite Coach K Duke teams don’t lose multiple games at home unranked mediocre teams.
They lost at Florida State.
It’s not even one of Coach K’s top 10 teams at Duke.

They can’t defend dribble drives. They look elite against us because we are iso based.

Duke is a good team but I see them going to the sweet 16 and then its just matchups.
I don’t think they are that great.
You failed to mention there foutr best wins me your post is interesting so let’s revisit this in late March

Duke is very good, relative to the rest of college basketball in 2022. But that’s kinda the point, no?

They’re very good, and we’re not. Coach K has assembled a title-contending team as he nears retirement. JB has put together perhaps his worst team in 40 years.

You failed to mention there foutr best wins me your post is interesting so let’s revisit this in late March
They beat Gonzaga, Kentucky okay.

They aren’t an elite defensive team.
They are good but this Duke has a problem if they face a team with athleticism and can dribble drive.
Teams like Alabama or LSU second round could upset them and I wouldn’t be shocked one second.

Their whole starting lineup is projected to be 1st round picks. Not sure of their bench and the future.
This is being taken as fact but it's an exaggeration.

The Sporting News is the one publication that I can find that projects Duke to have 5 guys go in the 1st round, with one of them being the final pick of the round.

Every other mock draft or draft ranking I've looked at has 3 Dukies in the 1st. A few have 4.

Corey Alexander said it in the broadcast maybe based on the 1 Sporting News article, but I would not say that means Duke is projected to have 5 1st round draft picks.

It makes us feel better about yesterday, but it's an exaggeration.

They beat Gonzaga, Kentucky okay.

They aren’t an elite defensive team.
They are good but this Duke has a problem if they face a team with athleticism and can dribble drive.
Teams like Alabama or LSU second round could upset them and I wouldn’t be shocked one second.
They very well might lose to one of those teams. But this team is also good enough to win it all. There is no great team this year. They beat two other top 5 teams this year. Losing at home to teams like Miami in Jan happen. We lost to Rutgers in 03.

This is being taken as fact but it's an exaggeration.

The Sporting News is the one publication that I can find that projects Duke to have 5 guys go in the 1st round, with one of them being the final pick of the round.

Every other mock draft or draft ranking I've looked at has 3 Dukies in the 1st. A few have 4.

Corey Alexander said it in the broadcast maybe based on the 1 Sporting News article, but I would not say that means Duke is projected to have 5 1st round draft picks.

It makes us feel better about yesterday, but it's an exaggeration.
Banchero is a top 3 pick.
Griffin is probably late lottery to mid first.
Moore is probably a pick in the 20s.
Keels and Williams are borderline first round picks.

Its a good team but the Zion/Barrett/Reddish team was better. We beat that team and competed with them in the other game.

I don’t think this Duke team is that special. It’s a good team but I won’t expect them to make the final 4.
Like I will Gonzaga or Purdue.
Not as high on Auburn, I like Arkansas ans Kentucky more from the SEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom