That was the most embarrassing game I can ever remember played inside the dome. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That was the most embarrassing game I can ever remember played inside the dome.

12/21/16 St. Johns' 93 Syracuse 60. The Johnnies were 14-19 that year.
Was at that game too and the Seton Hall debacle where fans thought Scoop was point shaving. Those teams had talent and were bludgeoned by 3 point shooting.

That's not that much of an ultimatum IMO. We've been making the NCAA tourney during the 8 year period of overwhelming mediocrity, living on the bubble as a 10 type seed, etc. As mentioned here, we haven't played a ranked conference game come January since 2014.

How about that ultimatum, being ranked? We need to be ranked at sometime during conference play in 2023. I realize he'll have a new crop of 6-7 kids, but this roster management of his, or lack thereof, is now 8 years in the making.
Looking at next year’s roster, we may be lucky to win 10 games.

Losing to DePaul by 40 in 2006 will always be the one for me. I expected something similar to this last night. If people are expecting it I just can’t come to terms with it being the most EMBARASSING though I can definitely see your point.

Losing to DePaul by 40 in 2006 will always be the one for me. I expected something similar to this last night. If people are expecting it I just can’t come to terms with it being the most EMBARASSING though I can definitely see your point.
The game wasn’t in the dome or on national television. Dome games only.

Duke doesn’t have 7-8 NBA players. This isn’t even one of Dukes best teams. That is the worst part.

Their whole starting lineup is projected to be 1st round picks. Not sure of their bench and the future.

Quick

A quick search found the following:
Boeheim's record against ranked teams: 162-183 Against Top-10: 65-95
Against Top-5: 23-58
Last Top-10 win: Duke 2019. The only Top-10 win since the beginning of that season (1-11).
Those are some scary records. I get called out but it really does put things into perspective. Boeheim is 21 games under .500 against ranked teams.

Hey l don't expect to win every game but l don't expect to get embarrassed on National TV either...Boehiem didn't want the playing time headaches he had last year which he managed poorly but at least they competed and if Edwards had played earlier they may of excelled. Get ready for next years excuse that we're too young.

Their whole starting lineup is projected to be 1st round picks. Not sure of their bench and the future.

Do you really think that is one of Duke’s best teams?

Those are some scary records. I get called out but it really does put things into perspective. Boeheim is 21 games under .500 against ranked teams.
99.9 percent of coaches have losing records against ranked teams. The fact of the matter is we won these games 50% of the time until a few years ago. Don’t get crazy.

The top 6 teams in the country lost yesterday and 7 of the top 10. We got boat raced at home with 32,000 fans.

I can’t remember the quote exactly, maybe someone does. But a few years ago jim said we can’t be expected to beat a top 5 team or something of that sort (against Virginia). That’s the way he has coached recently. Disgusting how far we have fallen.
this year he said we cant be expected to compare to villanova lol

I almost turned down free tickets because I didn’t think it was worth watching us get slaughtered.

Thats the state of our program.

My son turned down free tickets to the Cameron game last month. There were a couple of reasons for that decision, but the sad state of the program weighed most heaviest in his decision

My son turned down free tickets to the Cameron game last month. There were a couple of reasons for that decision, but the sad state of the program weighed most heaviest in his decision
Im as hardcore a fan as anyone. This program’s in a state where its more fun to treat the games as a social affair, instead of expecting a great game.

Steve you just noted what the problem has been the last 8 years, we aren't very good.
That is on the Head Coach, JB had been a great coach for most of his time here, but all good things eventually come to an end.
It's time for Jim to move on before things get much worse.

In that game we were horrible. But that team went on to beat 3 top ten teams and should have been in the NCAAs.

That’s my point. We’ve been blown out before, but they were fluky games. Last night we were completely overpowered.
Yeah, I should have made that more clear, you are 100 percent correct. The thread title made me think of WVU, your post made me realize this is something new. And much worse.

In that game we were horrible. But that team went on to beat 3 top ten teams and should have been in the NCAAs.
If 1996-97 beats Pitt on Senior day i thjnk they would have made it.
They went into Providence and won a griddy game in OT and then followed the win with a bad loss to Pittsburgh on Senior day.

Beat Pitt I think 97 team sneaks in.

99.9 percent of coaches have losing records against ranked teams. The fact of the matter is we won these games 50% of the time until a few years ago. Don’t get crazy.
Exactly. Compare JB against ranked teams to other coaches who’ve been at it a long time, and you’ll find something similar. People taking issue with JB’s historical coaching brilliance don’t have a clue, as far as I’m concerned. His recent failures in roster construction and recruiting are another story.

Awful take.

If you're simply stating a fact, yes. But considering what was posted before it, you're not just stating a fact but rather implying something else. I don't need to cover it, because others did below I see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom