That was unfairly brutal to watch | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That was unfairly brutal to watch

Who made the rules on booing?If a guy wants to boo the players then have it, these aren’t 5 year old kids.
You do what you want. I know plenty of the players personally, and they’re good, talented players stuck in a horrid position.

I'm just numb at this point
Just watching the shipwreck keep going down

The stands were a morgue. Never seen 30ish thousand so unwilling to be somewhere
I've never seen anything like it. My section is usually full of energy for 60 minutes in a close game and it was absolutely dead by the third quarter.

We all knew something was going to wrong at some point every offensive possession.

Was anyone booing players though? Hard to tell on TV but it seemed pretty obvious that it wasn't the players. Could be wrong.
It was just about all Dino, offensive playcalling and the refs. I think there may have been a drop and a special teams mistake or two that got some boos but I wouldn't say it was hostile toward our players given what we all say through.

It's a close race for sure.

Sorry, to me booing kids and all that stuff is low rent. Some 30 million dollar guy not running out a ground ball, have at it. This isn't that.
Will we be allowed to in basketball?

I’ve had some pretty sweet rides in my life but I’ve never driven anything like our 20 year old point guard has.

IMG_1164.jpeg

I’m sure glad they aren’t quitters like you.

Players usually play for themselves and their teammates. Seldom do the play for the coach.

I feel for the players. They know when the crowd and the community are behind them. They also know when the crowd and the community are not behind them.
The quality of play over the last 5-6 weeks….for the Dome to have as many people as it did was amazing.

They could’ve easily played in front of about 500 family and friends based on how things are going.

I’m sure glad they aren’t quitters like you.

Players usually play for themselves and their teammates. Seldom do the play for the coach.

I feel for the players. They know when the crowd and the community are behind them. They also know when the crowd and the community are not behind them.
The crowd was more than fine yesterday. The on-field performance was not.

You do what you want. I know plenty of the players personally, and they’re good, talented players stuck in a horrid position.
Thanks for okaying my choice of booing.
I’ve known a few players in my day as well and if they didn’t perform up to their capabilities then I’m sure they understood if they got a few boos.

The quality of play over the last 5-6 weeks….for the Dome to have as many people as it did was amazing.

They could’ve easily played in front of about 500 family and friends based on how things are going.

Parent/Family weekend usually brings a good crowd.

I’m sure the players felt the “support” when many in the crowd were chanting “Fire Dino”.

Parent/Family weekend usually brings a good crowd.

I’m sure the players felt the “support” when many in the crowd were chanting “Fire Dino”.
I wasn’t a fan of the chants either. But it’s better than having nobody there.

At least there’s still some passion left, even if it may have been misguided in it’s execution.

At least there’s still some passion left, even if it may have been misguided in it’s execution.

I certainly understand the frustration that fuels such things, but if you’re there to “support” the team then understand how much a crowd can affect the game. If you believe an amped up crowd can help energize players, then you also have to believe a negative crowd can deflate players emotionally.

Im fine with the chance, shows how dumb it is that he’s still on the sidelines.

He’s earned worse than some chants.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom