The 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge tips tonight | Syracusefan.com

The 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge tips tonight

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Ds8dYXYXcAAr56A.jpg

Syracuse at Ohio State:
The Orange still have Final Four talent when healthy. Guard Frank Howard came back to play against Colgate and logged 19 minutes, but struggled shooting. If Syracuse can find its mojo again then it could come out of Columbus with a much-needed power conference win. The Buckeyes are one of the surprise teams so far in the country. Chris Holtmann has a great poker face because he didn’t oversell this crew. He may have known they were better than advertised with wins at Cincinnati and Creighton.

These match ups are out of whack compared to preseason rankings. How did MSU get Louisville and Duke get Indiana? I would have switched out some of these match ups based on projections.

Predictions
Clemson over Nebraska
Minnesota over BC
Notre Dame over Illinois
Virginia Tech over Penn State
Michigan State over Louisville
Wisconsin over NC State
Iowa over Pitt
Duke over Indiana
Miami over Rutgers
Ohio State over Syracuse
Virginia over Maryland
Florida St over Purdue
Northwestern over GA Tech
UNC over Michigan

Predictions
Clemson over Nebraska
Minnesota over BC
Notre Dame over Illinois
Wisconsin over NC State
Iowa over Pitt
Duke over Indiana
Miami over Rutgers
Ohio State over Syracuse
Virginia over Maryland
Florida St over Purdue
UNC over Michigan

Now that’s a parlay

Predictions
Clemson over Nebraska
Minnesota over BC
Notre Dame over Illinois
Wisconsin over NC State
Iowa over Pitt
Duke over Indiana
Miami over Rutgers
Ohio State over Syracuse
Virginia over Maryland
Florida St over Purdue
UNC over Michigan
:(

Predictions
Clemson over Nebraska
Minnesota over BC
Notre Dame over Illinois
Wisconsin over NC State
Iowa over Pitt
Duke over Indiana
Miami over Rutgers
Ohio State over Syracuse
Virginia over Maryland
Florida St over Purdue
UNC over Michigan

My thoughts as well. Could see Michigan winning and possible Syracuse but I don’t like our matchup.

Believe me I would love to be wrong. Just saw some things vs Colgate that still didn't give me a great feeling. But I think it will be close and could go either way.

We make shots and rebound, we have a great chance. Can’t let them shoot threes all night and give them second opportunities on misses. Hopefully this is a game where Buddy drops some dimes and Oshae makes layups.

We make shots and rebound, we have a great chance. Can’t let them shoot threes all night and give them second opportunities on misses. Hopefully this is a game where Buddy drops some dimes and Oshae makes layups.

Agreed. It’s the quality of shots I worry about, however. They don’t have Bol Bol but they are still the best defensive team we will have faced so far, IMO. Holtman is going to be watching tape salivating at the thoughts of hounding Frank/Jalen/Tyus.

Probably because MSU and Duke play each other like every other year in the "champions classic".
Sometimes, I wish we were one of those guys. Always huge early match ups.

Clemson: same meh as last year but w/o 3 of their more dynamic players from last year (Davoe/Grantham/Donnal)

Agreed. It’s the quality of shots I worry about, however. They don’t have Bol Bol but they are still the best defensive team we will have faced so far, IMO. Holtman is going to be watching tape salivating at the thoughts of hounding Frank/Jalen/Tyus.
Bol Bol is the man. I couldn't believe his skills. I think Oregon is a serious NC contender.

Bol Bol is the man. I couldn't believe his skills. I think Oregon is a serious NC contender.

He’s good and skilled but they aren’t that great, IMO. You get some bigger and skilled big guys who can push him around and lean on him like Iowa did and they will be stopped. Nobody put a body on him all game and he’s too skilled to be operating VS a zone with no resistance.

He’s good and skilled but they aren’t that great, IMO. You get some bigger and skilled big guys who can push him around and lean on him like Iowa did and they will be stopped. Nobody put a body on him all game and he’s too skilled to be operating VS a zone with no resistance.
Once they figure out to get him the ball outside, with his moves and quickness he will get most big men in foul trouble fast.

Once they figure out to get him the ball outside, with his moves and quickness he will get most big men in foul trouble fast.

Could be. But, yeah, his eyes lit up against our zone and fellow Africans.

He is averaging 19.2 points a game as a freshman. They're my pick to win the Pac12.

Could happen. The conference doesn’t look as strong as I thought it would be a few months ago. USC has a big Serbian who could push him around. Once they get some studs back from injury they should be up there with Oregon. Washington/UCLA/Arizona look decent but nothing formidable. But, yeah, he’s impressive. The speed/coordination/handle he has is crazy good.

I really think Boston College sucks. I hate them. But I hate the Big Ten more. I know I'm not right but I'm rooting for the ACC.

Could happen. The conference doesn’t look as strong as I thought it would be a few months ago. USC has a big Serbian who could push him around. Once they get some studs back from injury they should be up there with Oregon. Washington/UCLA/Arizona look decent but nothing formidable. But, yeah, he’s impressive. The speed/coordination/handle he has is crazy good.
I'm sure his father has had professional trainers and coaches work with him since he was a child. At least that'e the way it looks.

Believe me I would love to be wrong. Just saw some things vs Colgate that still didn't give me a great feeling. But I think it will be close and could go either way.
You usually never pick us to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom